British Speedway Forum

Tai's Training Schools

I have nothing against Tai as such, I enjoy watching him racing in Poland if only for his team riding skills which are sadly missing in the UK. I just don't much like his attitude in recent years.

You have to admit that to say he doesn't want to ride in the British Final which would take two days in case he suffers burn out slightly contradicts an announcement that he is giving up more than one day (as series of schools is plural) for a training school. It may well be that whoever does his publicity isn't the best at wording things :P.

Far be it from me to suggest that the schools will be more lucrative than the British Final :wink:

If youngsters are willing to fork out for his training school, instead of other more established ones, just because he is World Champion that's their perogative, however just because someone is a master of his trade does not mean they can teach others. Technique can be taught, talent cannot. As for fitness and diet, I wan't aware he had any qualifications in that area. What suits Tai and works for him may well not work for other people.

His British Final decision is not relevant to this discussion.

Who cares if he makes a few quid and increases his profile in the process. It's his time and his knowledge he is imparting so he should be earning. With luck in time if successful the BSPA can help subsidise a few British youngsters so they don't have to find the money themselves.

Yes it's true not everyone makes a good teacher, but at least he is trying something positive. Time (several years perhaps) will tell if he is successful in making a significant difference for British speedway through his training, but until we know either way lets celebrate this to be a positive not a negative.

• Like 1

Also 'Well done Tai' for raising a bucket load of money for a UK children's hospital over the last few years. That should not be forgotten.

Anyone got any negatives to write about that good deed ?

None at all, I've got relatives who have used the parents facilities at Gt Ormond St and I applaud anyone who raises money for any good cause.

However I fail to see the connection with either the British Final or training schools.

• Like 2

whilst i thought Tai missing the british final stinks, on this occasion, i think he deserves credit. If theres any possible british

youngster out there, what an oppertunity for them. As for whatever the cost, would you expect Andy Murray, Phil Taylor etc, togive their time on the cheap? these are champions, and will always be a little bit costly. Yes i have had a poke at Tai, over stuff, but i think its only fair to give praise when its deserved

• Like 1

What is going to benefit British speedway the most? Tai probably winning another British title, or Tai spending some time helping to train British young riders? Obvious answer to me, probably not to most of the posters so far.

My only grump is that he set an age limit of 21 - I just miss out by a few years lol.

Notice he refers to "our country" as well. Notice no one has commented on Tai using Britain as "our country".

And why shouldnt he charge for it - no doubt he will be having some expenses to cover.....and the benefit those in attendance will get from a Tai training session will far outway the costs of it.

Now, another question, if Tai was to ride in the Elite this year ... do you think he would be holding training sessions as well (that is "as well" as league racing in Poland, Sweden, Denmark, plus GP's)

Again I say, the benefit to young riders in Britain will be immense.

As for fitness and diet, I wan't aware he had any qualifications in that area. What suits Tai and works for him may well not work for other people.

Personally I think this is the area which has given Tai the edge over the last few seasons. Training with the Lowes twins, Alex (WorldSBK) & Sam (Moto2) - Both are so positive, ambitious, competitive, professional & seem good fun too

Personally I think this is the area which has given Tai the edge over the last few seasons. Training with the Lowes twins, Alex (WorldSBK) & Sam (Moto2) - Both are so positive, ambitious, competitive, professional & seem good fun too

Correct, what they do to gain the edge over others would work for all. But, it takes serious mental strength to keep it going. That's what will sort the wheat from the chaff.

Speedway today is no longer a smoker & a drinkers sport. It's total dedication as also demonstrated by Olly Allen & the Poultec team's classes.

Just learning to get it sideways is no longer enough.

• Like 1

So why is riding in the British Final burnout ?

He's not in the British Final, perhaps if they had seeded him he would ride in it.

As it is he's expected to either ride the night before a GP, which would be ridiculous..

Or get all his team from Poland over to GB on a Sunday afternoon to ride, when he is already contracted of course to race in the meeting at Warsaw to make up for last years farce. I guess he could let down 50,000 plus fans to keep 3 or 4,000 happy in England..

He's not in the British Final, perhaps if they had seeded him he would ride in it.

As it is he's expected to either ride the night before a GP, which would be ridiculous..

Or get all his team from Poland over to GB on a Sunday afternoon to ride, when he is already contracted of course to race in the meeting at Warsaw to make up for last years farce. I guess he could let down 50,000 plus fans to keep 3 or 4,000 happy in England..

its ridiculous to ride a night before GP? come on? its not impossible is it? its one big effort, the ONLY effort in one whole season.

this is one issue I cant back woffy on.

its ridiculous to ride a night before GP? come on? its not impossible is it? its one big effort, the ONLY effort in one whole season.

this is one issue I cant back woffy on.

Yes it is absolutely categorically without a doubt ridiculous to be riding in another country the night before a GP if your goal is to be World Champion.

You've got to be very deluded to think otherwise!

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 2

Yes it is absolutely categorically without a doubt ridiculous to be riding in another country the night before a GP if your goal is to be World Champion.

You've got to be very deluded to think otherwise!

in that case call me deluded. I think we both know of riders who has ridden in 3 different countries on 3 different nights. its not that unheard of for an international rider. I really do doubt, one big effort one weekend would not ruin any world title bid.

in that case call me deluded. I think we both know of riders who has ridden in 3 different countries on 3 different nights. its not that unheard of for an international rider. I really do doubt, one big effort one weekend would not ruin any world title bid.

Do we?

Can you let me know of any other GP riders with serious ambitions of winning the World Title who ride in another country the night before a GP?