British Speedway Forum

Berwick Vs Glasgow Saturday 23rd April Lc

Heading down on supporters bus for this one, love my trips to bandit country, one of my fave away trips, would love to get the win but it depends if the Tiggers can get out of the gate as the bandits outgated us for much of the meeting last Sunday... Richie out is a big loss as is Matty for Berwick. 1 point would seal the group for us though so predict a win for Berwick with a point for us

Love it when teams bring good away support. Hopefully a nice win for Berwick but more importantly a good safe meeting

• Like 2

Yes. and a well prepared track like Heppy did 2 weeks ago.

As the track has had top marks from the referees in previous weeks it would seem the track well prepared every week. :blink:

Heading down on supporters bus for this one, love my trips to bandit country, one of my fave away trips, would love to get the win but it depends if the Tiggers can get out of the gate as the bandits outgated us for much of the meeting last Sunday... Richie out is a big loss as is Matty for Berwick. 1 point would seal the group for us though so predict a win for Berwick with a point for us

I`m sure Coty Garcia will want to do well on his Berwick return, from his reserve position he could be a key figure for Glasgow tonight, especially when covering for the injured Worrall.

One of the mysteries of life for me is why Berwick often out-gate the opposition away from home, but very rarely do at Shielfield. Could it be bike set-ups? Is the gate area at Shielfield prepared any different to other tracks?

• Like 1

That was a really good meeting and a fair result, some good racing, Berwick guests were very good,Scott should have used Simon Neilsen more, Theo had a tough night. Coty Garcia was a star... lots of happy triggers on the way home

Edited by tigergirl
  • Like 1

Great meeting tonight, close racing in nearly every heat, with passing manoeuvres thrown in, well prepared track (where are they finding the drive on on the inside of the fourth bend from these days?) and a last heat decider. Irrespective of the outcome of heat 15 tonight I would have gone home happy, because I'd been entertained with good racing.

The meeting certainly threw up some surprise outcomes, never had Neilsen and Mellgren getting a 4-2 over Barker and Garcia in heat 14. Was interesting to see how Garcia fared tonight, on obviously better machinery than last year. There was never any doubt to his effort, but you always felt his machinery let him down last year. Chuffed or him. Neilsen was a revelation tonight. I'll be honest, I never had him down to score what he did. Almost held on to beat Richard Lawson in heat 11 and then his win in heat 14 was brilliant.

Took a walk round into the grandstand after the meeting to sit and watch the junior racing and saw Stuart Robson, Kevin Doolan and Liam Carr all posing for photos and speaking away to the young supporters, brilliant work.

And a word for the Glasgow fans, great to see them travelling in big numbers. That club has been totally turned around in the last year and it is great to see crowds swelled by travelling fans, bigger crowds add to the atmosphere at meetings. It's a club with momentum behind it and hopefully it will rub off on other clubs.

• Like 8

Lucky garcia turned up.

Weegies humped otherwise.

Not sure how we got on at Berwick last week?

You won thought you knew that but your still oot on your ear always next year.

But just to remind me how did you get on at Worky tonight not seen the result

Job done but it takes two teams to serve up good entertainment and both didn't fail on that front, for all the snipers on the gate & go myth at Berwick they should have been there tonight to quash that myth once & for all thoroughly enjoyable nights entertainment and a really good atmosphere.

Another top day out in border country and the result we needed special mention to young Coty brilliant tonight and the Bandit faithful showing there appreciation was a nice touch.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 4

Brilliant night's entertainment tonight on and off the track.

Great friendly atmosphere.

Really good racing.

Overtaking - so much for gate and go.

And to top it all tasty burgers.

Always the same there the Bandits fans are a really good bunch and are a credit to the sport.

Have never felt uncomfortable there unlike somewhere else at the tail end off last season.

• Like 2

Always the same there the Bandits fans are a really good bunch and are a credit to the sport.

Have never felt uncomfortable there unlike somewhere else at the tail end off last season.

Real speedway fans together.

No glory hunters.

• Like 1