British Speedway Forum

Glasgow V Berwick Sunday 17th April

my god , the woman's a failure . fancy not spotting that theo has already had an r/r ride . . but a great result for the bandits and it shows what can happen it you lose a prime rider from your team during a meeting and dont have the reserves to fill in for him . bandits missed matty . not too sure on the Courtney strategy there .

Coty filled in admirably to cover for Richie it is away from home that it may be a problem hopefully both will be fit for next weekend.

Anyway that was a long afternoon and the Bandits certainly pushed us hard but when it mattered the boys dug deep in all honesty Berwick deserved a point from this as they rode really well for the majority of that meeting.

Cannot for the life of me work out what the Berwick team manager was thinking about put young Douglas out in heat 10 and keep Theo for heat 14 if that had happened then they surely would have got the point a major mistake by Courtney there.

Good sign that we were not at the top off our game but still pulled through now one point required from either away match and job done.

Hope both Richie & Matty are ok after what looked a horrific crash thank goodness for the air fence or it would have been a lot worse.

No, by putting their number 8 as the R/R in heat 10 and leaving Doolan to ride on his own in heat 12. Leaving Pijper to take the R/R and Carr to have his 7th ride in heat 14 would of gave them a better chance of a point or even a win, but don't let your agenda get in way though.

Correct one off the stranger managerial decisions i have witnessed.

• Like 1

I`m sure Scott Courtney put his replacement riders in races for a reason, maybe on this occasion he made an error, but he is young with virtually no managerial experience. One things for sure, he will be a quick leaner, and if there`s any lesson to be learned for the future he will learn them.

• Like 3

Was the track a little dodgy? Seemed a lot of falls

Was very slick . We got out of jail a bit today , got a helping hand by some eccentric team management from the Berwick camp .

The falls were mainly riders sliding off at the back apart from the Worrall / Wethers incident which was Richie's fault , thank heavens for airfences though .

I`m sure Scott Courtney put his replacement riders in races for a reason, maybe on this occasion he made an error, but he is young with virtually no managerial experience. One things for sure, he will be a quick leaner, and if there`s any lesson to be learned for the future he will learn them.

He gambled trying to kill off Glasgow by heat 14 , a gamble that backfired
  • Like 2

I don't think that guests from the same section should be allowed. A rider could score or not score depending on what would suit his own club.

So if a rider deliberately does not score, who do you think will compensate him for loss of earnings?

Was very slick . We got out of jail a bit today , got a helping hand by some eccentric team management from the Berwick camp .The falls were mainly riders sliding off at the back apart from the Worrall / Wethers incident which was Richie's fault , thank heavens for airfences though . He gambled trying to kill off Glasgow by heat 14 , a gamble that backfired

Very well put and I am glad that you agree with us Berwick fans that Richie was indeed at fault, a lot of Glasgow fans have commneted of their disgust at Wethers and that he shouldn't of been in the rerun but he was ahead of Worrall, anyone witness barker after the crash as well? just out of interest, I could see it from the 4th bend but there was vans in the way on the track, what an arsehole he made of himself there, not too mention Mr Worralls comments to Matty and his FB post

So if a rider deliberately does not score, who do you think will compensate him for loss of earnings?

I agree but it is a conflict of interest when they are in the same group

I don't think that guests from the same section should be allowed. A rider could score or not score depending on what would suit his own club.

Guests always lead to speculation when they have a poor match.Thats why the sport is such a farce when a rider can ride for several teams in the league ,nothing is going to change though.!

Scott just took a bit of a gamble, and it didn't pay off.

• Like 2

Very well put and I am glad that you agree with us Berwick fans that Richie was indeed at fault, a lot of Glasgow fans have commneted of their disgust at Wethers and that he shouldn't of been in the rerun but he was ahead of Worrall, anyone witness barker after the crash as well? just out of interest, I could see it from the 4th bend but there was vans in the way on the track, what an arsehole he made of himself there, not too mention Mr Worralls comments to Matty and his FB post

A touch of red mist from Worrall, exiting bend four on the previous lap Wethers flicked his back wheel out to block Worrall who wasnt happy and switched to the inside to try to unsettle him on the first turn but almost lost control and narrowly missed his rear wheel.

The incident then happened at the next turn where Worrall came in too hot under Wethers and couldnt make the turn as well as avoiding the rider. Hard riding and nothing more. Wethers is as fair a rider as you'll get, disappointing to hear that.

• Like 2

ERR, workington are not in the border section of the league cup with berwick,glasgow and edinburgh . they are on in the northern section with redcar and newcastle .homework required . :icon_smile_clown:

they could have called the border section , the Scottish section. but that would be incorrect as berwick is actually in England . that something else you didnt know ,ehh .

although we do get border T.V. :t:

arr reet o . thought it was tricky it was referring to . ah well , its too late now . its in black and white . maybe the fish was trying to do berwick in . he bone a good job of it .

Edited by jenga

ERR, workington are not in the border section of the league cup with berwick,glasgow and edinburgh . they are on in the northern section with redcar and newcastle .homework required . :icon_smile_clown:

they could have called the border section , the Scottish section. but that would be incorrect as berwick is actually in England . that something else you didnt know ,ehh .

although we do get border T.V. :t:

Time for bed,your homework will need redone in the morning though.

No such problem this Saturday if Jorgensen is still unavailable, as Monarchs will be at Worky.

Berwick can get a guest up to 8.19 for the home fixture, such as Steve Worrall, Ostergaard, Kus, etc. ;)

Edited by cyclone