British Speedway Forum

Lakeside V Poole Ela. 8/04/16

just have to say as a neutral supporter last nights meeting was excellent - I don't watch elite league racing very often BUT last night was a great advert for it - i can not believe some of the negative posts I read about the elite league - bring it on I say

Yet people still say it's an awful gate and go speedway track. Glad to see a neutral giving the place some credit.
  • Like 2

just have to say as a neutral supporter last nights meeting was excellent - I don't watch elite league racing very often BUT last night was a great advert for it - i can not believe some of the negative posts I read about the elite league - bring it on I say

That used to baffle me as well. Some diehards were calling for changes after winning one at home and losing one away. I just hope their pleasure would be even greater than mine after seeing a superb meeting like this one. :lol:

• Like 1

That used to baffle me as well. Some diehards were calling for changes after winning one at home and losing one away. I just hope their pleasure would be even greater than mine after seeing a superb meeting like this one. :lol:

Winning two at home and the Elite Shield...............

RP

• Like 1

thats what years of success can do to fans - makes them expect it every week without fail ------ very fickle

as for this win it will give teams a false sense of hope , lakesides huge home advantage is what won this....

What a crock of bull....

• Like 1

Just a shame none of it will be available on You Tube or any other social media.

• Like 3

thats what years of success can do to fans - makes them expect it every week without fail ------ very fickle

as for this win it will give teams a false sense of hope , lakesides huge home advantage is what won this....

To be fair it does not bother me if we win or lose.............having followed Poole through the good and the bad times and believe me some of them were very bad for the last 40 years it would not bother me if we never won another league title.............its a nice thing to do but its not the be all and end all...............

Lakeside with Kelvin Tatum on board I think are going to give a few people a surprise..........would not be surprised if they make the play offs............

RP

Just a shame none of it will be available on You Tube or any other social media.

If only there was a way for those of us who live abroad to pay a subscription and see selected heats / whole meetings. Just think of the interest / money it could bring in, maybe even attracting other sponsors to the sport ?

I have always said its not level that the speedway operates at, its the track and how its prepared.

Yet people still say it's an awful gate and go speedway track. Glad to see a neutral giving the place some credit.

I have always said it is one of my favourite tracks. Those who criticise it are living on the reputation that it built up during the Ronnie Russell era when it was rubbish.

Messrs Douglas & Cook changed all that when they took over.

More's the pity. While I can very much appreciate the BSPA wanting to protect their product, putting Bridger's stunning last to first on the internet is far more likely to get people to go than stop them going.

I love the whole 'massive home track advantage' accusation directed at Lakeside!

Every home side has an advantage. When Lakeside lose heavily away, is that down to home track advantage? No? Thought not....!

I have seen Lakeside lose at home many times so I really don't believe we have any more advantage than any other team.

Besides, a side that includes 2 former Lakeside riders, a World Champion, the top PL rider, Hans Andersen, the best EDL rider and 'second string' Buzskowski should not succumb to such 'advantage'.

Edited by Nick Rushbrook

I keep tell everybody, your better off getting there early even if that means a few hours hanging around.. than struggling. Well done, at least you got there, many probably won't.

I think he'l score a few more tonight... ;)

Mate, Buczkowski scored 6 + 0 last night as opposed to 4 + 1 last time he rode there. Not what you meant though by 'a few more' eh, mate ;) ????? Got that wrong didn't you, eh mate? Not there to see it though were you eh, mate :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: (more of your favourites there)

Nevermind eh, im sure that normal service will be resumed shortly.. Don't get to excited mr happy.. ;)

And still not able to congratulate your opponents on a victory, eh mate ;) ?

Pathetic :icon_smile_clown: (oh, another of your favourites there)

I feel for all of you that were impacted by the traffic issues.

The 'authorities' concerned do not give the impression that they are capable of clearing what is a major artery in a timely fashion. When I arrived at the track (7.25ish) I couldn't believe just how below expectations the crowd level was. It didn't take long to find out why. I would like to see the contingency plan they have for minimising disruption to motorists in the event

of incidents such as yesterday's.

Well that was crap. Didn't get to lakeside till 8.40!!!!!! Effing traffic. Had to divert around in the end. Got in for half price as we missed first 7 heats. Watt and holder rode Like chickens. Then home again with the m3 sh*t I mean shut. Diversions back to m25 and somewhere to the middle of nowhere ffs. Got home at 2.30! What a waste. Wastre waste waste why do I bother.

PS. Well done hammers good hard riding scared the pants off holder and watt I think.

Watt and Holder seem unable to focus at the moment?..

Uncalled for comment.................

Holder has been ok til last night..........

RP

I was guessing about Holder and thinking out loud (uh oh, never a good idea! ;) ) But Davey definitely has issues, he needs to sort it out!! I mean that in the nicest possible way, of course :)
  • Like 1

I was guessing about Holder and thinking out loud (uh oh, never a good idea! ;) ) But Davey definitely has issues, he needs to sort it out!! I mean that in the nicest possible way, of course :)

Davey seems to suffer more than any other rider from on & off track problems & I'm not having a dig for saying that.

I think it's ridiculous that some fans are saying he should be replaced as he will come good in the end.

• Like 1