British Speedway Forum

Lakeside V Poole Ela. 8/04/16

I agree with that assessment of the riders except Hans is usually a lot better than merely ok, in fact I would be delighted to see him as second heatleader for the Hammers.

Despite Davey's form, it must be a good few years since he scored less than 7 at Lakeside, and the track suits his style perfectly. It is undoubtedly his best track apart from Poole. I woukd normally expect Hans and Daveyto score about 19/20 between them if Hans has 5 rides and Davey has 4.

It is an interesting balance. Poole are widely predicted to finish top and the match is a must win for them if they are to establish an early advantage over Belle Vue and the rest. If they fall short of a win it will give some encouragement to the likes of BV. Lakeside are widely predicted to finish bottom two, but if they can see the Pirates off, or at least keep,it close I doubt that any of the others will beat them at home, and they will then have decent prospects of moving up the table. So there is everything to play for.

Very difficult one to call because both sides have riders with question marks over their form just now but in paper I would say it's Pooles to lose.

What, higher than topping it, you mean? :t:

Severe delays on Kent side of the tunnel anti clockwise due to accident (two lanes closed) you have been warned.

BBC Radio Essex reports queues back to junction 4 (Orpington)

I have moved 20 metres in45 minutes. I can see the bridge but its complete car park. Just non moving traffic the whole way. Got two hours to go less than 4 miles but I am begining to think I wont make it. Riders could also be caught. Left hand tunnel is closed.

Edit. Just moved 5 metres.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I have moved 20 metres in45 minutes. I can see the bridge but its complete car park. Just non moving traffic the whole way. Got two hours to go less than 4 miles but I am begining to think I wont make it. Riders could also be caught. Left hand tunnel is closed.

Edit. Just moved 5 metres.

Middlo's caught in it going by his tweet. I think he said 5 miles in 1h10m

No. I have now arrived but most Poole fans have not. Rob is 3 miles south of the tunnel at 8.12pm. And the usualguys are not here. Took me 5 hours.

I keep tell everybody, your better off getting there early even if that means a few hours hanging around.. than struggling. Well done, at least you got there, many probably won't.

When did Buzz last ride at Purfleet? last I see was in 2012 for the Panthers & scored 4+1 from 5 rides

I think he'l score a few more tonight... ;)

I bet Davey Watt will have a face like a smacked @rse by the time he gets to Lakeside.

Then again, why break the habit of a lifetime! ;)

I like that but joking aside, after Coventry won down at Poole in 2010 (remember that night people?!) the Poole riders and managed sulked like little kids. But not Davey, he was out signing autographs and congratulating the Bees fans. Up to then I'd never thought much of him but my respect for him shot up then.

Lakeside's top 5 are looking too strong for Poole's. Looks like those thinking they would go unbeaten all season (such as Pearsen) got in wrong.

Well done Lakeside. They have had a really strong start to the season

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

Well beat tonight and by a bigger score than I thought. Outgated, out battled. Well done to Lakeside. Doubt anyone will get a result here.

Watt a complete disgrace and Holder not much better. Brady can be excused as his first vist but Lakeside were just so much better around here.

Some decent racing as well.

• Like 2