British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions V Coventry Bees, E.l Sat 26th March 2016

Off.

Don't give up the day job!

The rain stopped around 6.15, I had been working on the the track with Glyn and Steve all day Friday and from 11am Today (race day) the track had been packed to within an inch of its life and was rock hard, the rain had not penetrated the the top, yes, there was a lot of standing water which was being swept down the drains and under the fence on the home straight.. we tried as hard as we could to get the meeting on, if the rain had turned up an hour earlier, and had stopped by 5.30, we would have succeeded in getting the meeting on.. There was just to much standing water around bends 3 and 4 and with all the brushing of water down the drsind it burst the seal on the track, and that was about that....

• Like 1

Must be very disheartening to have the match called off after all the hard work. :neutral: I'd already decided not to go as I didn't fancy another night freezing to death so hopefully when it's re-run the weather will be a bit warmer......but not too warm or I'll be moaning about sun breaks. :lol:

Off.Don't give up the day job!

And don't give up yours and ever become a track curator - because you clearly haven't got a clue about track prep.

Added to which if you really think it is advantageous for a Speedway Promoter to call off a meeting, then you are truly living in 'cloud cuckoo land'.

• Like 2

The rain stopped around 6.15, I had been working on the the track with Glyn and Steve all day Friday and from 11am Today (race day) the track had been packed to within an inch of its life and was rock hard, the rain had not penetrated the the top, yes, there was a lot of standing water which was being swept down the drains and under the fence on the home straight.. we tried as hard as we could to get the meeting on, if the rain had turned up an hour earlier, and had stopped by 5.30, we would have succeeded in getting the meeting on.. There was just to much standing water around bends 3 and 4 and with all the brushing of water down the drsind it burst the seal on the track, and that was about that....

I hope the management appreciate what you do

• Like 1

And don't give up yours and ever become a track curator - because you clearly haven't got a clue about track prep.

Added to which if you really think it is advantageous for a Speedway Promoter to call off a meeting, then you are truly living in 'cloud cuckoo land'.

Good grief........I've got myself another troll..........Pee off you commie prat!