British Speedway Forum

Plymouth Remain Open!

Nice idea but if you can only attract 400 people at £15, how are you going to get 2000 at £20?

I wish people would stop with the 400-450 in thru' the gate? A League match would generate more like 650-700 and more from time to time specially now lighter, warmer evenings on the way.

• Like 3

I think we have to forget the past, however unsavioury that might be. Plymouth Devils need help and support now. Don't let them die please.

I think its more a case of learn from the past but dont let it hold you back.

its become almost a common trend in speedway promotion just now that financial risks are taken, occassionally it works but usually it doesnt. Hopefully you guys get a positive outcome

• Like 2

If Directors do not act responsibly, then they can be held liable, or if they give personal guarantees, etc.

Limited Company status does provide protection, though.

It also doesn't stop creditors from trying to get cash back either. Whether they are legally allowed to depends on the circumstances.

In any case, I sincerely hope Plymouth can be kept open.

...is the right answer.

Good luck to you all.

Great effort raising a few quid, in Speedway terms that's all it is, just got to be careful who you trust with it.

Aye, there's the rub. Pledges are made, money is crowdfunded by the general speedway public and a healthy nest-egg is created.

Who should then be trusted with it to allow speedway to continue at Plymouth? Will the current, sadly unsuccessful promotion walk away, or demand to be allowed a say - financial or otherwise - in the continuation?

Can the BSPA appoint an administrator -- a 'virtual receiver' -- to administer these new funds, tidy up the cashflow and set up a financially-viable team on and off-track to pick up the Devils' fixtures?

Edited by crescent girl
  • Like 1

Aye, there's the rub. Pledges are made, money is crowdfunded by the general speedway public and a healthy nest-egg is created.

Who should then be trusted with it to allow speedway to continue at Plymouth? Will the current, sadly unsuccessful promotion walk away, or demand to be allowed a say - financial or otherwise - in the continuation?

Can the BSPA appoint an administrator -- a 'virtual receiver' -- to administer these new funds, tidy up the cashflow and set up a financially-viable team on and off-track to pick up the Devils' fixtures?

I have pledged and donated. I have no issue with any of the Emergency Committee handling these sums of money. I think they are Gold Plated.

• Like 2

Fantastic news for all concerned especially none more so than the fan's brilliant effort from the Plymouth fans to rally round ultimately saving the club.

Big well done guy's & gal's .

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

Its been confirmed plymouth will run this season. New investment and a massive rescue effort from the fans have saved the club. Yesssssssssss!!!!!!

Could you post a link to where you read the news please as I'm unable to find it myself?