British Speedway Forum

Peterborough V Ipswich 28th March 2pm

Couldn't do it before Monday then?

This East of England Showground Contractors nothing to do with The Club. Expect they need to get the work completed asap due to their own busy schedule due at this time of year. Noticed at Ulrich's meeting there were trenches and bits marked for digging up all over the site which is huge for anyone who has not been. Lost count of how many portable generators I saw throughout the Showground as I walked from the car park to the grandstand so not surprised by this at all.

This East of England Showground Contractors nothing to do with The Club. Expect they need to get the work completed asap due to their own busy schedule due at this time of year. Noticed at Ulrich's meeting there were trenches and bits marked for digging up all over the site which is huge for anyone who has not been. Lost count of how many portable generators I saw throughout the Showground as I walked from the car park to the grandstand so not surprised by this at all.

But the huge 2 day Antiques Fayre goes ahead as planned on Friday and Saturday.

Edited by timetoturnleftagain

But the huge 2 day Antiques Fayre goes ahead as planned on Friday and Saturday.

Think they usually use the large animal sheds and the new Arena Centre plus grounds on that side of the Showground - doubt they need the speedway track or the grandstand but it is a very large event that would be much more difficult to cancel if there are problems. Hate afternoon meetings myself so hopefully this will be rearranged for a much more suitable time and date.

Quite possibly the case, I haven't been to the showground yet this year but just read your post about trenches and bits marked for digging all over the site which would, I assume include the cattle sheds and Arena Centre area. Health and Safety is the reason given on the press realise and many more people attend these fayres than the average crowd even for a local derby, shame for the promotion and no doubt out of their hands as Bank Holiday fixtures usually generate a nice income for the club.

Quite possibly the case, I haven't been to the showground yet this year but just read your post about trenches and bits marked for digging all over the site which would, I assume include the cattle sheds and Arena Centre area. Health and Safety is the reason given on the press realise and many more people attend these fayres than the average crowd even for a local derby, shame for the promotion and no doubt out of their hands as Bank Holiday fixtures usually generate a nice income for the club.

My daughters company were at The Showground 2 weeks ago and should have been in the building situated on the 4th bend, but due to no electricity getting to it they all had to move to the arena building instead.

I was actually surprised that Ulric's meeting wasn't effected.

The electrics have needed upgrading for a few years now, with a bit of luck it may cut out the starting gate/lights problems we have witnessed over the last few years

My daughters company were at The Showground 2 weeks ago and should have been in the building situated on the 4th bend, but due to no electricity getting to it they all had to move to the arena building instead.

I was actually surprised that Ulric's meeting wasn't effected.

The electrics have needed upgrading for a few years now, with a bit of luck it may cut out the starting gate/lights problems we have witnessed over the last few years

More electrical problems at the Showground I see.

Hmmm.

And you were incinuating what ?

That the wiring is old and in need of replacing ?????

Haha. It was not aimed at you DB, but at someone trying to insinuate something else in his usual manner. Pleased to see Blupanther has further explained the situation. :P

• Like 2

Could they not reverse the fixture ?

think the issues below may stop that

5 riders

Covatti,

Porsing,

Grondal,

Busk Jakobsen,

King

all have their polish league clubs riding on Mon. Wonder if this is the real reason Peterborough is off?

But of course they were available after today's news...

5 riders

Covatti,

Porsing,

Grondal,

Busk Jakobsen,

King

all have their polish league clubs riding on Mon. Wonder if this is the real reason Peterborough is off?

But of course they were available after today's news...

Got to love a conspiracy ! I was called by Lisa to say Ged was meeting the Showground management at 11am this morning. Heard soon after that the Monday home meeting was off due to Health & Safety. I called Nicklas, who was leaving Denmark tomorrow to drive back to UK for the first three Panthers meetings. On hearing Monday was off, we contacted Stal Rzeszow to inform them he was now free for their home meeting on Monday against Lodz. He will now drive back to UK next week in time for the away meeting at Sheffield. So no conspiracy, that he or other riders would prefer to ride for their Polish clubs rather than be at Peterborough. Peterborough meeting was postponed and he wants to ride, so possible to go to Poland instead. Thank you David Wootton

• Like 5