British Speedway Forum

Bring Back Reading Racers Speedway

Hi Guys, Just wanted to let you all know we are looking to form a Supporters Trust in the hope that we will one day be able to have Speedway return to Reading and have the Racers resurrected but first we need a little help. It isn't going to cost anything, other than a few minutes of your time. Please sign our petition which we aim to use as leverage with Reading Council, should need arise. We are probably going to meet with some derision if we cannot prove there is support for the Racers, so please help us out and click on the link, then fill in your details. It's as easy as that. - The link you need is - http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/bring-back-reading-racers-speedway - Thanks in advance for your help and hope to see you at Reading in the future.

• Like 1

As I also started a thread without realising you had already done this John, I thought I would combine the 2 and paste Emma's initial statements, containing full details below...

BRING BACK READING SPEEDWAY
Smallmead stadium closed in 2008 leaving Reading without a Speedway team and The Racers without a track. I am working to set up an official supporters’ trust aiming to get The Racers back on track. After spending many hours reading various post on Facebook ("bring back reading racers") where fans had been reminiscing over their Monday nights at Smallmead, their friendly banter over heat 15 and discussing their favourite line-up, this brought back my own childhood memories of watching The Racers, the atmosphere was always electric .
I am looking to raise funds to help set up the trust using supporters direct http://www.supporters-direct.org/ unfortunately they do not get funding from the government to help out speedway as they do for other sports. This will cost around £1500. Once we have the trust in place with a full working committee we can look into finding land, sponsorship etc.
So please show your support and donate to get the racers back on track, support our fight because above all
else I believe the Racers still have a place in the world of Speedway today.

FOLLOWING Saturday's meeting at the Holiday Inn, Reading fans are now looking to set-up a Supporters Trust to aid their hopes of bringing speedway back to the town.

£1500 is required to start the Trust so a Go Fund Me account has been set-up to assist with this.

Go to the page for more details and to make a contribution - https://www.gofundme.com/82ur42bn

Join the Facebook group: bring back reading racers for updates or look out for news on the website http://www.readingspeedway.com/

Other monies raised will go towards the Reading Racers trust fund. We have already raised £216.96

• Like 2

don't forget, hopefully The Racers will be back on track SOON, in fact April 8 when Plymouth plan to run aa 4TT with the teams being Plymouth, Exeter, Trelawny and Reaading

currently Reading team is shaping up as Charlie Gjedde, Sam Simota, and the son of Reading legend Per Jonsson Dennis hopefully team managers will be Tim Sugar, if the government haven't put a tax on him, and/or Ivan Shears.

rumour has it that a coach may be organised contact Chalfont coaches to confirm

• Like 1

don't forget, hopefully The Racers will be back on track SOON, in fact April 8 when Plymouth plan to run aa 4TT with the teams being Plymouth, Exeter, Trelawny and Reaading

currently Reading team is shaping up as Charlie Gjedde, Sam Simota, and the son of Reading legend Per Jonsson Dennis hopefully team managers will be Tim Sugar, if the government haven't put a tax on him, and/or Ivan Shears.

rumour has it that a coach may be organised contact Chalfont coaches to confirm

The Ivy Barn B&B in Holbeton 9 miles from the track are offering a discount to any fans travelling down who need to stay over night.