British Speedway Forum

Periscope. A Promoters Nightmare App.

The AMA Supercross is classed as an FIM event. On Saturday at Oakland numerous riders including ex-champ James Stewart were using helmet mounted cameras in the heats and finals. How come?

Certain approved helmet cameras are allowed - I think they're supposed to be an integral part of the helmet though.

It's absolutely lunacy to attach an external camera to a helmet though, whether allowed or not. It's not only potentially weakening the shell, but it creates an impact point.

• Like 2

So if the camera was handlebar mounted it would be ok......

I'm sure that someone will come up with the relevant rules and regulations which say what can and what can't be part of a speedway motorcycle's construction....No doubt it will come down to someone's interpretation that if the rules don't say that a camera should be part of the bike, then in the minimalist spirit of the construction regulations, then cameras shouldn't be allowed.

I'm sure that someone will come up with the relevant rules and regulations which say what can and what can't be part of a speedway motorcycle's construction....No doubt it will come down to someone's interpretation that if the rules don't say that a camera should be part of the bike, then in the minimalist spirit of the construction regulations, then cameras shouldn't be allowed.

At the Northern SCB meeting, held before last season, it was said in answer to a question that a camera can be mounted on say the handlebars as long as it was seen to be safe. Meetings referee's decision. Already stated in the rules in a previous post by Alan Jones.

The easy way to police it is for someone on the management to check it during the meeting to see if anyone is streaming it, work out where they are in the crowd by the angle it's take and ask them politely to stop doing it.

Woffinden did it for a meeting he was presenting the trophy at and I watched it after he linked it on his Twitter account!

You just have to embrace it, maybe clubs could stream heat 15 off it to get people from outside to watch if they can get an audience!

In addition, the NFL and NBA you can by season passes to watch all the matches your want of a particular team! It's the franchise model that makes this work as the more people watch a particular team the more of the split they get from the price!

There is lots of ideas, if I had a choice of £200 for a season ticket to be there and £300 to watch every home and away fixture then it be intresting to see what people would pick!

The more people watching it on tele the more adverts can be part of the production and this is how the NFL makes its money! TV is the reason for success and money in the big sports, Speedway just don't make the most of it! The riders do with sponsors but the sport just show it and hope people watch!

Most of the sports channels on the kodi android aren't working now! Any ideas Steve? A box is obviously better but is it any good with WiFi?

Sadly I doubt you'll get your money back. These streams provided by Kodi add-ons are notoriously unreliable and prone to disappearing, with replacements popping up in due course. Sometimes developers lose interest or are caught by the copyright holders.

Are you able to update your box by changing the add-ons? If not, you've been truly 'had'.

Most of the sports channels on the kodi android aren't working now! Any ideas Steve? A box is obviously better but is it any good with WiFi?

All working fine on Woody. Loads of different providers for sport. Get more addons.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Can't imagine this taking off unless a professional company was given the ok.

Individual fans could stream but on the basis of how hard it can be sometimes to find texters for the updates site for even the most well attended clubs, I don't think so.

I don't have a box. I just downloaded the kodi app and did it that way. Actually there are so many add one and links its just a matter of finding the right one. Which I eventually have done. Come the season I expect they'll change.

That's exactly the correct approach to take. It's all very volatile, but then the streamers are constantly having to dodge the copyright holders. Unfortunately many don't realise the questionable status of it all and end up wasting money on something they expect to be as reliable as legitimate boxes.

Certain approved helmet cameras are allowed - I think they're supposed to be an integral part of the helmet though.

It's absolutely lunacy to attach an external camera to a helmet though, whether allowed or not. It's not only potentially weakening the shell, but it creates an impact point.

you know what Humphrey you're right , drilling holes and putting self tap screws or worse still nut's and bolts or pop rivets in a helmet is madness , you would expect a company like Go Pro who sell millions of units , to have come up with a simple self adhesive mount , that has automatic release under excess stress . you should get in touch I bet they would welcome your Knowledgable Input and take it on board

you know what Humphrey you're right , drilling holes and putting self tap screws or worse still nut's and bolts or pop rivets in a helmet is madness , you would expect a company like Go Pro who sell millions of units , to have come up with a simple self adhesive mount , that has automatic release under excess stress . you should get in touch I bet they would welcome your Knowledgable Input and take it on board

Yes, and how often do they fall off said helmets onto the track?

Surely they dont Just fall off ?, I thought the fixing was strong enough for them to create an impact point and cause the helmet to fail and cause injury to the rider ,not just fall off . well I suppose the dangerous bit is back to the old problem of the self tappers . rivets or nuts and bolts then . because something as flimsily held as they are according to your experience ,would'nt cause any damage in the event of an accident so it must be the mounting point thats dangerous , all the technology that goes into them and they still can't find a safe alternative to screws ,rivets and nuts and bolts , Typical .

That's exactly the correct approach to take. It's all very volatile, but then the streamers are constantly having to dodge the copyright holders. Unfortunately many don't realise the questionable status of it all and end up wasting money on something they expect to be as reliable as legitimate boxes.

Kodiland is a new add on which charges the user to watch "their" content, however they have borrowed all of the code from "ukturk" and "phoenix" addons!

At the weekend a few of the Add ons were targeted and have since vanished!

Kodiland is a new add on which charges the user to watch "their" content, however they have borrowed all of the code from "ukturk" and "phoenix" addons!

At the weekend a few of the Add ons were targeted and have since vanished!

where do you find the latest Add ons to get live tv . and access to sports and film channels

where do you find the latest Add ons to get live tv . and access to sports and film channels

There's loads of sources to get all that. I have only had the box a week but am now getting very confident with it.

Best starting place is youtube and there are several people on there with great tutorials. I recommend watching the tutorials by jasonmoore85, who posts new tutorials very regularly and it covers all you could ever want. Foolproof.

For sports I use zerm as allchannels seem to work, then there's Woody, which is insid Pheonix, and loads of others for 3 pm Sarurday kickoffs. For movies and box sets ther's hundreds of choices.

There's loads of sources to get all that. I have only had the box a week but am now getting very confident with it.

Best starting place is youtube and there are several people on there with great tutorials. I recommend watching the tutorials by jasonmoore85, who posts new tutorials very regularly and it covers all you could ever want. Foolproof.

For sports I use zerm as allchannels seem to work, then there's Woody, which is insid Pheonix, and loads of others for 3 pm Sarurday kickoffs. For movies and box sets ther's hundreds of choices.

cheers for that , ill have a look .