British Speedway Forum

Fours Festival Weekend

While this new format appeals to me (and I intend to attend on both days), what would happen in the regrettable, and hopefully unlikely, event of a rain-off on one or both days?

Would the organisers ever be able to find a re-staging date to suit all teams? And would pre-paid ticket holders be offered a refund or just a raincheck? If the latter, this would be a real scunner to those who had bought expensive tickets, travelled great distances and paid for accommodation in order to support their northern or West Country teams, and couldn't make the re-staging date.

like washing more often , thats 2 tips already .

heres another one . when you do wash ! .. run the hot tap, but catch the cold water in a container and use that water for cups of tea/coffee . this coldish water from the hot tap WILL have to be boiled of course so as not to poison yourself . therefore saving you running the cold tap to top up your kettle . saving money on just letting the not so hot water run down the drain and increase you water bill .

or you could get a water butt and use the rain water from the heavens , but i would boil this water a couple of times . dont know how you are gonig to get around the electricity to boil the kettle , unless you have a mousse in an exercise wheel , inked up to a generator etc .

p.s. i tried the free deodorants from the local stores , but just got real funny looks . much easier to just buy it .

stay tuned for more free handy lifestyle tips on this forum.

roll on the new season . :D

like washing more often , thats 2 tips already .

heres another one . when you do wash ! .. run the hot tap, but catch the cold water in a container and use that water for cups of tea/coffee . this coldish water from the hot tap WILL have to be boiled of course so as not to poison yourself . therefore saving you running the cold tap to top up your kettle . saving money on just letting the not so hot water run down the drain and increase you water bill .

or you could get a water butt and use the rain water from the heavens , but i would boil this water a couple of times . dont know how you are gonig to get around the electricity to boil the kettle , unless you have a mousse in an exercise wheel , inked up to a generator etc .

p.s. i tried the free deodorants from the local stores , but just got real funny looks . much easier to just buy it .

stay tuned for more free handy lifestyle tips on this forum.

roll on the new season . :D Here is another tip for Morrissey fan, if you want to save on gas you could always try farting into a money box.

i suppose as a cost cutting measure everyone could just go on the Sunday . that way you get to see team members from all clubs racing in the fours or in an individual . saving loads a cash on hotels and travel . or you could just buy the DVD when it comes out. another cost effective way to be entertained .

if you do attend it, just hope and pray that its the time of the month when morrisey fan has a shower . if you want to know who he is . look for the single person with no one around him/her .

i thought you were on the local bus from my town earlier , real pong.

kks lastest alias:-article-2019309-0D2F724000000578-107_468

Edited by pugwash
  • Like 3

So far so good but what about the camping weekend prices? I can't see anything about this anywhere. Does that include caravans and motor homes - ie: Truckfest etc. We used to be able to book to arrive Friday stay till Monday so is this going to be the same.

Seems to be a good idea, it is a shame they do not do the same with the SWC and run the semi and final on the same weekend. Fans can attend individual meetings or spend a whole weekend being with and enjoying festivities with other speedway fans. Just hope the weather is good.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Must admit it does seem for once they've priced something very sensibly!

It makes the event very supportable and it should be a good crowd on both days, weather permitting of course.

So in conclusion

1 Good race track

2 Decent location

3 Reasonable Speedway pricing

4 Overpriced food outlets

Only real downside being that Peterborough get a free pass to the final, totally wrong and will take solace that if they win it will be a very hollow victory having not had to qualify!

• Like 3

Must admit it does seem for once they've priced something very sensibly!

It makes the event very supportable and it should be a good crowd on both days, weather permitting of course.

So in conclusion

1 Good race track

2 Decent location

3 Reasonable Speedway pricing

4 Overpriced food outlets

Only real downside being that Peterborough get a free pass to the final, totally wrong and will take solace that if they win it will be a very hollow victory having not had to qualify!

Like 1966 you mean ? :wink:

• Like 3

So far so good but what about the camping weekend prices? I can't see anything about this anywhere. Does that include caravans and motor homes - ie: Truckfest etc. We used to be able to book to arrive Friday stay till Monday so is this going to be the same.

£10 a night but hook costs a bit more. No one can complain about these prices.

Entertainment is £5 a head.

Edited by marky

£10 a night but hook costs a bit more. No one can complain about these prices.

Entertainment is £5 a head.

Can you share a link please to this information as I seem to have missed it - don't do Twitter by the way is that the source? Thanks.

Can you share a link please to this information as I seem to have missed it - don't do Twitter by the way is that the source? Thanks.

You shouldn't have to be on Twitter to access the majority of Twitter feeds. For example, to access the SpeedwayGB feed just drop this into your browser:

https://twitter.com/SpeedwayGB

They also have access to their Tweets on the web-site: http://www.speedwaygb.co/homepage

Hope this helps.

Edited by macca56
  • Like 1

So £45 for entry, Saturday night entertainment and camping correct? If so, you can't really fault that and even as an EL snob who lives 180 miles away I'm seriously tempted. Stop at Coventry on the way on the Friday for Bees/Aces too.

I wonder if they'll try and avoid a clash with the SWC meeting (or at least too big a clash) so we can try and watch that, somehow!

So £45 for entry, Saturday night entertainment and camping correct? If so, you can't really fault that and even as an EL snob who lives 180 miles away I'm seriously tempted. Stop at Coventry on the way on the Friday for Bees/Aces too.

I wonder if they'll try and avoid a clash with the SWC meeting (or at least too big a clash) so we can try and watch that, somehow!

Maybe a big screen to show the SWC would work.

• Like 2