British Speedway Forum

Fours Festival Weekend

A bit harsh. Pricing structure of this event is a genuine and major factor for this to work.

You may be a multi millionaire and ain't bothered, but for most in the real world finances have to be considered.

Anything over £30 for both days will have to be putting the future of the 2 day event at risk.

Agree - pricing has to be attractive. No issue with comments on fair pricing.

Anyone who decides to purchase a programme is being ripped off!

http://www.speedwayplus.com/programme_generator.shtml

As for people being in their overdraft, It's a classic case of living beyond their means; make cutbacks and sacrifices.

I have decided only to shower once a month rather than once a week and my water bill has fallen dramatically, instead I pop through Boots every morning on my way to work and use their sample perfume for free and I get a different fragrance every day.

0nce a month, if you only showered once a week on a regular basis you'd smell like a bucket of s##t mind you would be ok working on a sewerage farm you seem well qualified with your stupid comments

it would be interesting to find out how long morrisey fan has been saving up for and you must be the only 20 year old without a mobile phone . i bet your that tight , you only breath in .

I bet he's got a padlock on his wheelie bin as well
  • Like 1

And all these years I thought it was bull ship I could smell, but apparently it's fish ;-)

depends which 'bits' are not washed i suppose!

Not only that, they were playing as they announced the team changes. We couldn't hear the announcements standing on the first bend

I started reading this thread from post 1. Only 19 down and 3 negative from you.

something different and everyone moans

Exactly. Its a good idea and gives a focus for every PL fan in the UK. Give it a chance before knocking it.

Every fours meeting I've been to has dragged on for hours, especially at Peterborough.

Don't think I'd fancy the prospect of 8-9 hours over the weekend, especially as my team won't be involved in the final.

Make that 4

Sacrificed having a normal teenage life, not going out and having no mates?

That's some sacrifice

I'm not paying that. It was around £20 last year for one meeting

I get the feeling you are not in favour of the 2 day meeting :lol:

Edited by marky
  • Like 1

i suppose as a cost cutting measure everyone could just go on the Sunday . that way you get to see team members from all clubs racing in the fours or in an individual . saving loads a cash on hotels and travel . or you could just buy the DVD when it comes out. another cost effective way to be entertained .

if you do attend it, just hope and pray that its the time of the month when morrisey fan has a shower . if you want to know who he is . look for the single person with no one around him/her .

i thought you were on the local bus from my town earlier , real pong.

If you use that link for your regular fixtures, you'll have saved more than enough over the course of a season so you're allowed to purchase a programme for a one off event.

You deserve your very own page in Viz's 'Top Tips'!

Not that you would need to buy it though. Simply go into WHSmiths and read only that page out of the mag and then put it back...

Hey. There's one tip I have given you....

Maybe others on here could give you more??😃

Edited by mikebv

like washing more often , thats 2 tips already .

heres another one . when you do wash ! .. run the hot tap, but catch the cold water in a container and use that water for cups of tea/coffee . this coldish water from the hot tap WILL have to be boiled of course so as not to poison yourself . therefore saving you running the cold tap to top up your kettle . saving money on just letting the not so hot water run down the drain and increase you water bill .

or you could get a water butt and use the rain water from the heavens , but i would boil this water a couple of times . dont know how you are gonig to get around the electricity to boil the kettle , unless you have a mousse in an exercise wheel , inked up to a generator etc .

p.s. i tried the free deodorants from the local stores , but just got real funny looks . much easier to just buy it .

stay tuned for more free handy lifestyle tips on this forum.

roll on the new season . :D

Edited by jenga