British Speedway Forum

Fours Festival Weekend

By giving us notice of this event, fans can start saving now.

I have £13000 saved up at the age of 20, It's amazing how much you can save if you make the sacrifices.

you missed up on the decimal point . it should read 130 . 00 . living off bank of mum and dad .

i used to have money @ 20 , but living , proper bills and kids put paid to that . are you in a coma ?

Instead of moaning about the cost, why don't people start saving?

Put away a measly sum of £40 away per month and you'll be ready to go.

Say no to the night out at the bingo, I put away £800 per month.

most folk live off less than that per month and pay their way .

anyhow, you wont be attending peter borrow this season because the peoples champion will not be there . or are you retracting that statement now ?

Edited by jenga

I have done Cardiff on less than £100 a head for accommodation and tickets..................

Don't knock camping......................we took (alibi it is the vehicle the company him indoors works supply him with) a small motorhome to Cardiff last year and it cost us £40 for two nights with electric included................there were a few riders (spectators obviously) camping at the site we stayed at too...............have also done camping in a tent at different events I have been to (not all speedway related) and had a great time so don't rule it out............

RP

I'm totally ruling it out. I also rule out spending my hard earned on a UK holiday. I want some sun on my back, not rain Edited by Shads

I'm totally ruling it out. I also rule out spending my hard earned on a UK holiday. I want some sun on my back, not rain

Each to their own as they say but due to financial constraints I cannot afford to go abroad as often as I would like...............hence the motorhome holidays in the UK...............

RP

• Like 1

I think £20 for one day, £35 for the two days giving a small discount is a reasonable price, maybe a bit more off if you buy in advance.

Anything more than that is a rip off considering its the PL fours and not Elite/International superstars that's being paid for to watch.

I just hope they get the pricing right and it's a well supported event. In other words don't get it wrong and put it out of reach of your averagely paid Speedway supporting working man.

Alternatively of course we could all just turn up and I'm sure with his massive income and savings 'Morrissey Fan' would be more than happy to subsidise our entrance fee!

• Like 1

I think the new format could be a good idea.

I haven't read all pages so others have probably said the same as me. Why don't we have the team with the highest combined average of the top 4 available riders (from the 2016 averages only up to the July averages). That way all 13 teams have the chance of being seeded to the final.

I am also interested in the race format (think I remember a team manager saying a rider was out in heat 2 then heat 16 last year so this year it could be heat 3 and 24). :cheers::drink:

• Like 1

it would be interesting to find out how long morrisey fan has been saving up for and you must be the only 20 year old without a mobile phone . i bet your that tight , you only breath in .

Edited by jenga

Mell he said he has 130,000 saved and saves 800 a month, so that's 13 and half years of saving alone. So if he started rating at that rate at 18 that makes him 31. Smells like his or hers normal bull shine.

The last time I saw my bank balance I was 800 overdrawn. So it looks like whatever they are charging for this event is far to much for me.

Edited by baldyman

baldyman , have you not put an extra 0 on that figure , i thought it was 13.000 he said. 130.000 is a bit much innit. ?

p.s. i am with you on the overdrawn thing , like the rest of the country .lol.

This idea that people can't save is a myth, they choose not to save.

Sky TV, nights out, takeaways and phone contracts is chucking money away.

My father told me, look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves.

you're not in the real world , are you ?

I think £20 for one day, £35 for the two days giving a small discount is a reasonable price, maybe a bit more off if you buy in advance.

Anything more than that is a rip off considering its the PL fours and not Elite/International superstars that's being paid for to watch.!

PL riders will always put on a good show

GP riders admittedly on a top notch track do put on a show. But imagine a PLRC with no primadonnas dropping out at Torun it would be fantastic

• Like 1

See the regular miserable toads are launching into this event and trolling genuine fans of the sport - little changes!

Wish the BSPA every success with this event, great idea now let's put on a show!

There will only be the one programme surely. They won't know who is there on the second day until after the Saturday, so the second programme would just be blank race pages, as they won't be able to print the second programme with all the riders filled in, in time.

Organised well they could produce a printed race card insert overnight - not difficult.
  • Like 1

See the regular miserable toads are launching into this event and trolling genuine fans of the sport - little changes!

Wish the BSPA every success with this event, great idea now let's put on a show!

Organised well they could produce a printed race card insert overnight - not difficult.

That's not two programmes though is it? You're not going to have to fork out for two programmes.

Anyone who decides to purchase a programme is being ripped off!

http://www.speedwayplus.com/programme_generator.shtml

As for people being in their overdraft, It's a classic case of living beyond their means; make cutbacks and sacrifices.

I have decided only to shower once a month rather than once a week and my water bill has fallen dramatically, instead I pop through Boots every morning on my way to work and use their sample perfume for free and I get a different fragrance every day.

Edited by Morrissey Fan
  • Like 3

Wish the BSPA every success with this event, great idea now let's put on a show! Organised well they could produce a printed race card insert overnight - not difficult.

A bit harsh. Pricing structure of this event is a genuine and major factor for this to work.

You may be a multi millionaire and ain't bothered, but for most in the real world finances have to be considered.

Anything over £30 for both days will have to be putting the future of the 2 day event at risk.