British Speedway Forum

Jon Cook

SCB

For the record, I've since read the article. Jon Cook is a knob, there was no need for calling fans "stupid".

........or for a drunken person to call Cook a RETARD either, which is a worse offence. However, you got it out of your system, tried to deviate from what was actually what you said, got it turned on Starman, and your 'followers' do what they always do. So a good days work ah.

SCB not at his best IMO.

• Like 2

........or for a drunken person to call Cook either, which is a worse offence. However, you got it out of your system, tried to deviate from what was actually what you said, got it turned on Starman, and your 'followers' do what they always do. So a good days work ah.

SCB not at his best IMO.

Don't worry , your opinion doesn't count for much amongst those on this forum who can see the bigger picture. ;)
  • Like 3

For the record, I've since read the article. Jon Cook is a knob,

So what does that make you then... :o

• Like 1

I hope or really hope that all sensible people in this country have never all never will call any person with special needs, some of the worst tittles that some very small minded people called them and some still do.

SCB's comment I think was just a way of showing what a uselees bunch of people we have in charge of the EL.

They hold an anual get to gether to see how they can make the sport worse year in year out. It is well time that the sport was run by a board of independant people.

They would need someone with a knowladge of the sport, but this role, could be taken up by some of the counties top ex riders the Tatums and Louis of this sport who know more about the way things should be run, than most of the board put together.

They should sit down together and read my quote at the bottom of this page, allthough would they ever demean that they are ever wrong in the first place. Doubt it very much.

Edited by weatherwatcher

. It is well time that the sport was run by a board of independant people.

Although in this instance we have had an ill-thought out rule. Which has led the need for another ill-thought out rule. The exact details of which were then kept under cloak and dagger. Then when they are seen, it clearly isn't very sensible. Then anyone who questions any of this beautiful process is called a thick idiot. This sort of problem doesn't need an independent body, just people with enough brains to think about the future properly rather than leaping from one reactive measure to another.

• Like 2

Without reading through every page of opinion upon this thread, I just perceive it to be yet another lame anti-Lakeside rant from SCB.

To this end, I'll just treat his most recent example of 'Hammer Bashing' (ooooh matron!) with the contempt that it deserves.

That said, I fully condone his right of having an opinion. I just wish, at times, that he'd change the record.

• Like 2

Without reading through every page of opinion upon this thread, I just perceive it to be yet another lame anti-Lakeside rant from SCB.

To this end, I'll just treat his most recent example of 'Hammer Bashing' (ooooh matron!) with the contempt that it deserves.

That said, I fully condone his right of having an opinion. I just wish, at times, that he'd change the record.

You mean you've only just started reading this thread ? Well you should have seen how the thread was headed in the first place, untill it got vastly shortened to save poor olds SCB's rants and blushes. Lets just say he should have got a long holiday for it, but favoritisum seems to have won the day !!

Edited by Starman2006

I just perceive it to be yet another lame anti-Lakeside rant from SCB.

Except its not. Putting aside SCB's methods for a minute, which have divided opinion and unfortunately clouded the actual issue, he is unhappy at Jon Cook for calling some speedway supporters thick. Really not the best way to address a dwindling group of customers.

• Like 6

Except its not. Putting aside SCB's methods for a minute, which have divided opinion and unfortunately clouded the actual issue, he is unhappy at Jon Cook for calling some speedway supporters thick. Really not the best way to address a dwindling group of customers.

I am sure Jon will reflect upon his final paragraph. Everyone says something they regret in the heat of battle and I wouldn't be surprised if some form of apology appears in next week's Star. Who can forget these two gaffs:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTr8IVWBuPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMSzIG4a5cw

Good point Baggy..

SCB's use of the word 'retard' has actually detracted from the original important point he was trying to make..

However, well done to him for highlighting the 'dumber than dumb' attitude of one of our hapless and hopeless promoters.. :t:

Edited by Yer Ropes
  • Like 2

Or just maybe he subscribes to the fairly widely held opinion that there is no such thing as bad publicity.

We have a thread now running to 15 pages about an article might well have not even had a thread if the last 3 lines had not been added. Not a single one has said " Jon Cooks remarks have upset me so I won't go anymore" . Plenty of given other reasons for not going anymore. So who knows ?

Good point Baggy..

SCB's use of the word 'retard' has actually detracted from the original important point he was trying to make..

However, well done to him for highlighting the 'dumber than dumb' attitude of some of one of our hapless and hopeless promoters.. :t:

Except that he didn't highlight it. Another poster on another thread raised it and it was the subject of proper discussion for sometime until SCB decided that abuse and name calling was the way forward and decided to start another thread.

Except that he didn't highlight it. Another poster on another thread raised it and it was the subject of proper discussion for sometime until SCB decided that abuse and name calling was the way forward and decided to start another thread.

SCB highlighted it for me (and no doubt many others) when he started this thread..

So surely a big well done to him for that Custer... :t:

SCB highlighted it for me (and no doubt many others) when he started this thread..

So surely a big well done to him for that Custer... :t:

Well you could have bought Speedwáy Star ! Big Well Done to Alan Jones I think it was who first brought it to our attention. I wouldn't have bothered with SS otherwise. All SCB did was read Alan's Post and then went into one without reading the article himself.

Big well done to Jon Cook Says I for saving Lakeside for at least another year, big well done to Starman for doin his best to keep sales of Speedwáy Star going, big well done to you and Grachan for being so reasonable in your posts....er.. that's it I am afraid.

P.S. Neasden won 1-0 today.

• Like 1

Well you could have bought Speedwáy Star ! Big Well Done to Alan Jones I think it was who first brought it to our attention. I wouldn't have bothered with SS otherwise. All SCB did was read Alan's Post and then went into one without reading the article himself.

Big well done to Jon Cook Says I for saving Lakeside for at least another year, big well done to Starman for doin his best to keep sales of Speedwáy Star going, big well done to you and Grachan for being so reasonable in your posts....er.. that's it I am afraid.

P.S. Neasden won 1-0 today.

Ron, Sid and Doris must be doing the hokey-cokey in some cheap backwater hostelry as we speak.. :D

• Like 2

Good point Baggy..

However, well done to him for highlighting the 'dumber than dumb' attitude of one of our hapless and hopeless promoters.. :t:

Not for me, fans say all sorts, some rude, some sensible, some dumb, but promoters should ALWAYS speak with respect and love for their punters, they cannot afford not to!!
  • Like 2

Although in this instance we have had an ill-thought out rule. Which has led the need for another ill-thought out rule. The exact details of which were then kept under cloak and dagger. Then when they are seen, it clearly isn't very sensible. Then anyone who questions any of this beautiful process is called a thick idiot. This sort of problem doesn't need an independent body, just people with enough brains to think about the future properly rather than leaping from one reactive measure to another.

The past two years have the appearances of things being made up as they go along with inability to think or plan ahead. This appearance is further enforced by the poor communication and apparent unwillingness to be transparent with the customers. When things do get disclosed, it seems to re-inforce the negative impressions.

If forward planning has actually been going on, they have chosen to keep it confidential but it would have been better to have been more open. But I agree with Kester it would seem very little forward thinking has been happening.

For the organisation in question to refer to some of its customers as "thick", is beyond thick!

• Like 4

Every business, group, organisation or section of the public has a proportion of people in it who could be classed as 'thick', many also with a degree of 'bias'!!

The issue is whether they should be told so.

The old adage 'the customer is always right', may well still have some truth - but it doesn't mean they can't also be thick and biased?! But again do you say so - or worse - in print in the media or on a forum? :D:wink::wink::nono:

That's my Sunday 'Thought of the Day' !! :P