British Speedway Forum

Bruce Penhall

Tai when he was 500/1 was VERY Lucky he WAS lucky to be in it we all know he had ability but people moaned about Harris getting chances Tai at that time got his break.When his dad died he changed,he regrouped got fit and now he has everything great rider good with young people( they identify with it ) great with the public he deserves everything he has got.

Very True Sid ..my point is thou the old rules meant that not having a open and fair draw meant people who won would not have made it in the first place meaing these outsiders would have never have been the final in the first place ....there was just as much unfairness about the old system as there is with gp's .

Very True Sid ..my point is thou the old rules meant that not having a open and fair draw meant people who won would not have made it in the first place meaing these outsiders would have never have been the final in the first place ....there was just as much unfairness about the old system as there is with gp's .

All major motor sports have the GP system. That's why speedway has GPs. Moved forward with the times. Rantings on this forum will never get a reversal - maybe other countries who are FIM members want the GP system?

No,not really everybody going back until the the late 60s nearly all entered the WC rounds the real underdog had a squeak now they don't.

No,not really everybody going back until the the late 60s nearly all entered the WC rounds the real underdog had a squeak now they don't.

That is a good thing the less chance of a fluke winner the better ..as I said if the old system rules had of been fair rather being stupid then the underdogs would not have made the final in the first place .

Edited by orion

That is a good thing the less chance of a fluke winner the better ..as I said if the old system rules had of been fair rather being stupid then the underdogs would not have made the final in the first place .

Was there ever a fluke winner? Jerzy( ask Ivan and others) Egon was class in 83 and 83 for me was a vintage year some great riders that year.!

Was there ever a fluke winner? Jerzy( ask Ivan and others) Egon was class in 83 and 83 for me was a vintage year some great riders that year.!

Of course they were flukes as if Egon and Jerzy would have never had made the final in the first place ..if Egon and Jerzy would say rode in the overseas finals rather that the weak route that allowed poor riders to get into the final they would gone out .

Having a system that never allowed all the best riders to get into the final was not only unfair but stupid .

Edited by orion

Of course they were flukes as if Egon and Jerzy would have never had made the final in the first place ..if Egon and Jerzy would say rode in the overseas finals rather that the weak route that allowed poor riders to get into the final they would gone out .

Having a system that never allowed all the best riders to get into the final was not only unfair but stupid .

Why is it that many people in this country cannot accept the world championship successes of Jerzy Szczakiel and Egon Muller?

Totally wrong on Muller most of us who know speedway ? give credit he was a class act and i went and at Norden he was the favourite no doubt about it.lee, Carter,Sanders.Sigalos, Nielsen had chances but Egon was the best man on that given day at Norden. Edited by sidney

I was at Ullevi when Jan o Pedersen took the title, not sure he was the pre match favourite, but like Havvy made some wonderful starts

I was at Ullevi when Jan o Pedersen took the title, not sure he was the pre match favourite, but like Havvy made some wonderful starts

Was the only time ever Jan O made some great gates great from the back usually.
  • Like 1

Totally wrong on Muller most of us who know speedway ? give credit he was a class act and i went and at Norden he was the favourite no doubt about it.lee, Carter,Sanders.Sigalos had chances bu Egon was the man the best not on a best 10 races but just on that given day at Norden.

I fyou

if you knew about speedway then would understand that Muller would not have made the final if he had gone in with the best riders in say the overseas final etc ...the fact that Won in Norden does not change that ..Muller was never a class act when he rode in the uk .

Edited by orion

I fyou knew speedway then would understand that Muller would have made the final if had gone in with the best riders in say the overseas final etc ...the fact that Won in Norden does not change that ..Muller was never a class act when he rode in the uk .

Did you ever know his career really?you ent got a clue i went to the abbey he scored 0 for Coatbridge.He progressed at a real rate at international level he was decent and ask Mauger/Briggs how good he was do your research Orion please.!

I fyou

if you knew about speedway then would understand that Muller would not have made the final if he had gone in with the best riders in say the overseas final etc ...the fact that Won in Norden does not change that ..Muller was never a class act when he rode in the uk .

Did you go to Norden?? Edited by sidney

Did you ever know his career really?you ent got a clue i went to the abbey he scored 0 for Coatbridge.He progressed at a real rate at international level he was decent and ask Mauger/Briggs how good he was do your research Orion please.!

OK ..tell me what his record was in the uk and his final record was bar that win seeing you know so much ? your find it hard to find a speedway fan who would have thought that Muller would have got to a World Final had had into the same stages as the brits the yanks the danes the swedes etc ....

Edited by orion

OK ..tell me what his record was in the uk and his final record was bar that win seeing you know so much ? your find it hard to find a speedway fan who would have thought that Muller would have got to a World Final had had into the same stages as the brits the yanks the danes the swedes etc ....

Dont ask me but ask other people who you respect was Muller any good ? Believe me he was good and he was good at Longtrack as well and he if had of turned up in overseas finals (ect ) ie he would have had quick aquipment no doubt about that and qualified. Edited by sidney