British Speedway Forum

Bruce Penhall

Those riders i named rode in a better era Than Sam Ermolenko and they were all better riders Ermolenko is never mentioned in a roll of honour never will be.

I have no idea what this 'roll of honour' is you are talking about..

Got a link to it?

Again Sidney,

Name me riders who have won at least 1 World Title, at least 1 BLRC and at least 1 season of 11+ average.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to fluke that.

As for Shawn Moran, he rode in pretty much the same era as Ermolenko and didn't get close to his achievements. Only ever managed one 10pt average, only ever reached 3 World Finals. Not an attack on him, he was a very good rider.. just not as good as Ermolenko was, not even close.

Edited by BWitcher

As for Autrey, Sigalos or Shawn Moran, they didn't get close to anything that Ermolenko achieved. Very very good riders, but Ermolenko was a level above.

Not so sure about that. Scott Autrey fell out with the AMA over riding in the American Championship in 1979 when it was a qualifier for the World Championship. He was in many ways the 'stand out' rider in Britain that year, finishing top of the BL averages, if I remember rightly. Dennis Sigalos had that dreadful ankle injury which finished his career early, so who knows what he might have achieved later? Shawn Moran was having too much of a good time to really care. All three, I think, were easily as good as Sam.

Knock me up a list of riders who have achieved the following..

At least 1 World Title

At least 1 BLRC

At least 1 11+ averaging season.

Barry Briggs

Ivan Mauger

Ole Olsen

Peter Collins

Hans Nielsen

Got a link to it?Again Sidney,

Name me riders who have won at least 1 World Title, at least 1 BLRC and at least 1 season of 11+ average.

A eleven point average when REALLY his rubbishey 11 point average was in a piss poor era compared to IVAN.11.74???? Forget averages Ermolenko was not that good certainly not over a PERIOD was he better than Penhall, Autrey,Sigalos,S.Moran, no way when i first see him ride he was a rider totally out of control.

As for Autrey, Sigalos or Shawn Moran, they didn't get close to anything that Ermolenko achieved. Very very good riders, but Ermolenko was a level above.

Not so sure about that. Scott Autrey fell out with the AMA over riding in the American Championship in 1979 when it was a qualifier for the World Championship. He was in many ways the 'stand out' rider in Britain that year, finishing top of the BL averages, if I remember rightly. Dennis Sigalos had that dreadful ankle injury which finished his career early, so who knows what he might have achieved later? Shawn Moran was having too much of a good time to really care. All three, I think, were easily as good as Sam.

Barry Briggs

Ivan Mauger

Ole Olsen

Peter Collins

Hans Nielsen

If, but, would have, may have... but DIDN'T. Sam did. That is the end of it.

As for the injury, Siggy was my favorite rider then.. but coming back from injury is part of it.. Sam came back from a far worse injury and was even better.. Siggy couldn't do it.

A eleven point average when REALLY his rubbishey 11 point average was in a piss poor era compared to IVAN.11.74???? Forget averages Ermolenko was not that good certainly not over a PERIOD was he better than Penhall, Autrey,Sigalos,S.Moran, no way when i first see him ride he was a rider totally out of control.

Shawn Moran rode in the same period :rofl:

Got a link to it?

Again Sidney,

As for Shawn Moran, he rode in pretty much the same era as Ermolenko and didn't get close to his achievements. Only ever managed one 10pt average, only ever reached 3 World Finals. Not an attack on him, he was a very good rider.. just not as good as Ermolenko was, not even close.

Are you sure i pick Shawn over him all day long.

Barry Briggs

Ivan Mauger

Ole Olsen

Peter Collins

Hans Nielsen

Any others for the at least 1 World Title, 1 BLCR and 11pt average club?

Ermolenko did it of course.

So we have

Barry Briggs

Ivan Mauger

Ole Olsen

Peter Collins

Hans Nielsen

Sam Ermolenko

I'll throw in Jason Crump as well.

Are you sure i pick Shawn over him all day long.

Pick him as often as you wish, reality tells a different story.

If, but, would have, may have... but DIDN'T. Sam did. That is the end of it.

As for the injury, Siggy was my favorite rider then.. but coming back from injury is part of it.. Sam came back from a far worse injury and was even better.. Siggy couldn't do it.

Shawn Moran rode in the same period :rofl:

Shawn was better!

Any others for the at least 1 World Title, 1 BLCR and 11pt average club?

Ermolenko did it of course.

So we have

Barry Briggs

Ivan Mauger

Ole Olsen

Peter Collins

Hans Nielsen

Sam Ermolenko

I'll throw in Jason Crump as well.

Pick him as often as you wish, reality tells a different story.

Reality says your mate Sam who lets be honest is pretty cringeworthy on Eurosport was decent but no more than that god he was not in the same league as Penhall/Autrey.

Bless

Silly comment pathetic really those four US riders i NAMED ask HUNTER? were all better than your old mate Sam who dominated in a crappy early 90s era in Britain.

Shawn Moran v Sam Ermolenko

Number of World Titles:

Sam Ermolenko 1 Shawn Moran 0

Number of World Final Medals:

Sam Ermolenko 4 Shawn Moran 1 (although technically he was stripped of it, I'll be generous and give it him)

Number of World Finals:

Sam Ermolenko 8 Shawn Moran 3

Number of BLRC Wins:

Sam Ermolenko 3 Shawn Moran 1

Number of 11+ Average seasons:

Number of 10+ Average Seasons:

Sam Ermolenko 4 Shawn Moran 1

From 1986 when both rode here regularly, head to head who had the highest average:

Sam Ermolenko 8 Shawn Moran 1

It's not even close.

the 93 world final, am I correct in saying Ermolenko rode his luck in, I think, 3rd or 4th race

of his, when the race was stopped on the 2nd bend when Ermolenkos chain was off, which meant he was under power at the time of the stoppage?

also, didn't sam ermolenko win the blrc when Louis bike stopped on the last bend? all part of speedway of course

Number of World Titles:

Sam Ermolenko 4 Shawn Moran 1 (although technically he was stripped of it, I'll be generous and give it him)

Number of World Finals:

Number of BLRC Wins:

From 1986 when both rode here regularly, head to head who had the highest average:

It's not even close.

I will sleep at night and believe Shawn was the better rider everyone to there own i suppose Penhall,Autrey,Sigalos,S.Moran for me all a notch above Ermolenko.And please Witcher alot of Ermolenkoe's success was in a piss poor era he WOULD never of won a Proper BLRC around Hyde RD as long as he had a hole in his ass please. Edited by sidney

I will sleep at night and believe Shawn was the better rider everyone to there own i suppose Penhall,Autrey,Sigalos,S.Moran for me all a notch above Ermolenko.And please Witcher alot of Ermolenkoe's success was in a piss poor era he WOULD never of won a Proper BLRC around Hyde RD as long as he had a hole in his ass please.

P

As said, believe whatever fantasy you wish.

History has already spoken. Year after year after year Sam was better.. even with all the injuries he had.

the 93 world final, am I correct in saying Ermolenko rode his luck in, I think, 3rd or 4th race

of his, when the race was stopped on the 2nd bend when Ermolenkos chain was off, which meant he was under power at the time of the stoppage?

also, didn't sam ermolenko win the blrc when Louis bike stopped on the last bend? all part of speedway of course

Correct.. but he also won the BLRC on 2 other occasions of course, beating Nielsen in 91 when both riders had 12 pts going into their final ride.. and passing Hans Nielsen in 94 to win again.

Number of World Titles:

Number of World Finals:

Number of BLRC Wins:

It's not even close.

Technically Shawn Moran did win a world title, the 1983 world longtrack championship.

My top 10 Americans.

1. Bruce Penhall

2. Scott Autrey

3. Dennis Sigalos

4. Sam Ermolenko

5. Shawn Moran

6. Billy Hamill

7. Greg Hancock

8. Bobby Schwartz

9. Kelly Moran

10. Lance King

in fairness, you can only beat whats put in front of you at the time.im one that prefer the one offs, but those who like the gp"s, its totally different from the introduction now. started with 6 rounds, which gave you healing time from an injury, today, you have 12 rounds, so you dont need getting injured at the wrong time. you also had years when you got eliminated after 2 poor rides, so its changed all the time, but as a traditional one off, easily my best option. turn up all level on the night, cant beat it imo

Edited by ColinMills
  • Like 2

Technically Shawn Moran did win a world title, the 1983 world longtrack championship.

My top 10 Americans.

1. Bruce Penhall

2. Scott Autrey

3. Dennis Sigalos

4. Sam Ermolenko

5. Shawn Moran

6. Billy Hamill

7. Greg Hancock

8. Bobby Schwartz

9. Kelly Moran

10. Lance King

Well done Terry i have Penhall,Autrey, Sigalos S.Moran,Hancock all in front of Ermolenko.

Well done Terry i have Penhall,Autrey, Sigalos S.Moran,Hancock all in front of Ermolenko.

Still waiting for your 'roll of honour' that Ermolenko will never appear on.

Most folks 'roll of honour' in speedway is this one:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Individual_Speedway_World_Championship_medalists

Funnily enough he appears.