British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue Colts 2016

Actually I think it could be close and a bit of healthy competition between the two, assuming Payne is with BV, will do no harm. Note healthy competition as team mates arguing does nobody any favours and the dispute between Matt and Max last season was frankly pretty embarrassing. Payne had a stint at a higher level than this and in my opinion underachieved to end last season on 8. He should be 9+ and if Matt gets over 9 he'll have had another excellent season.

• Like 1

Actually I think it could be close and a bit of healthy competition between the two, assuming Payne is with BV, will do no harm. Note healthy competition as team mates arguing does nobody any favours and the dispute between Matt and Max last season was frankly pretty embarrassing. Payne had a stint at a higher level than this and in my opinion underachieved to end last season on 8. He should be 9+ and if Matt gets over 9 he'll have had another excellent season.

payney is more of a team man,and the so called dispute , please share with us what was said to cause you such embarrassment..or was it the fact that cradley had no team spirit what so ever and you didn't win anything .. :o

Max and Matt - handbags at dawn, or sundown would probably be more accurate, after getting in each others way during a race. If they wanted to argue the toss with each other about it then should do so far beyond the gaze of the fans, press, sponsors etcetera. Still, it's in the past now so c'est la vie I guess.

What's not clear from my initial post is that I do not blame either rider more than the other. On reflection I have given the impression Matt was at fault - sorry Matt. You leave with my very best wishes after successful stint as a Heathen. :t:

• Like 1

50p says Tom Woolley is at Belle Vue this coming season.

Buxton said he was having a shoulder operation so wouldn't be lining up

You would be amazed what riders have said over the years to get out of riding for Buxton!

A solid year for the Colts and fingers crossed good crowd turn out would be a result for Belle Vue.

That said the early pictures of the track look awesome so could be a real home advantage to be had?

With the MDL team and a northern position there are quite a selection of new riders to be selected. Not sure what the minimum team building limit is this year though?

As ive only managed to predict about three signings correct this year im going to be very smug about this one. :D:drink::D

Now theres a poke in the buxton eye,

I'm sure Myster Pipe (Mainman 2nd :rofl: ) will have something special up da sleeve with all his contacts :lol:

• 3 weeks later...