British Speedway Forum

Isle Of Wight Wightlink Warriors 2016

Great to see the Isle of Wight back in the NL, but that logo is horrific. Looks like the logo of a children's party entertainer.

Where's the warrior connection?

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

[

Great to see the Isle of Wight back in the NL, but that logo is horrific. Looks like the logo of a children's party entertainer.

Where's the warrior connection?

The people on the logo are warriors.

Exactly what I thought.... thought Adam Ellis would be there

Adam will be PL and EL only.

James Cockle is the second signing for the Warriors

We needed a number 1 and I wouldn't be surprised to see most of them at the same team they were at this year. Plus he seems to go better around big tracks to me. I would've liked Tim Webster but I won't be surprised if he doesn't ride this year again.

Welcome to James and welcome back to BDJ. I'd like something along the lines of Widman at 2, Marc Owen at 5 with a 3 pointer and Cottham at reserve. But some new names, to supplement the old, would be nice.

• Like 1

Warriors?

Indeed my faux pas - we all make 'em!

Just to reiterate that Andy will respond to all your posts that raise queries as soon as he can but don't worry if it takes a little while i.e. don't expect it to be instantaneous! :wink: Meanwhile keep posting.

Going for a team of up and coming youngsters I see.

Plenty of signings to be made yet. That said first season back I would think a team that is solid / mid table would be considered a success?

Win most at home, avoid any embarrassing results and start to build the fan base back up I would suspect is the priority.

• Like 1

Hey guys, sorry I have been quiet for a couple of days on here. As the account is new I have to earn the credentials it would seem to post more often :)

I have made a note of all your questions/opinions etc and will look into them.

Yes, Matt Saul has just been announced as Wightlink Warriors 3rd signing on a 3.00 average. He joins Brendan Johnson (6.21) and James Cockle (8.59).

Hi John, still not liking the site then? It is a working progress, we'll get there. :)

I've spent a lot of time around Brendan recently setting up his media channel. He's pretty hungry and up for it guys. And remember he's still only 23, so plenty of fuel left in that tank.

Andy

i thought i'd take a squint at the new logo to see what the fuss is about. looks more like something to do with nascar than anything to do with speedway but what is impressive is the army of sponsors behind the team. can't wait to come and visit one of my favourite places to watch speedway again.

• Like 1