British Speedway Forum

Isle Of Wight Wightlink Warriors 2016

Countershaftcounter, I don't think it's an elephant in the room anymore as people have voiced their opinions on the logo both on this forum and other social media outlets. Opinions from all angles have been listened to and the decision has been made to go with this logo, so naturally it will feature on the clubs merchandise.

Would be great though to get your feedback on last nights 4 announcements on pricing/press day/first match and 4TT?

Many thanks

Andy

By saying that its the 'elephant in the room' I think he means that its the only thing that the new IOW set up have made a mess of. It is, in my opinion, pretty awful and I think most share that view.

Having said that, in the overall scheme of matters its absolutely tiny and its fair to say that in everything else - especially for me the move to Thursday Speedway - they have got it pretty much spot on :approve::t:

Many thanks for your involvement here, its much appreciated.

Apologies if this info is detailed on other topics, but is there any definite date when the NL fixtures are due to be released?

IOW fixtures on Thurs 26th May & Thurs 1st Sept are of particular interest to me (as they follow the Poole v Belle Vue clashes the night before) & I'm looking at hotels for doing one of these trips.

Apologies if this info is detailed on other topics, but is there any definite date when the NL fixtures are due to be released?

IOW fixtures on Thurs 26th May & Thurs 1st Sept are of particular interest to me (as they follow the Poole v Belle Vue clashes the night before) & I'm looking at hotels for doing one of these trips.

Fixtures should be out next month. Now that the EL & PL fixtures are confirmed they can go ahead and plan dates that don't clash. I know that as of earlier this week there hadn't been the first draft sent to clubs yet. Though the first date you mention is half-term isn't it, so I'd be pretty confident that there's a fixture on that date!

• Like 1

not sure on there first 2 meetings 12 rider individuals dont really work and its not really weymouth southampton and exeter

i disagree about the individual i think people do like to see 'winner takes all' meetings , the ben fund is going back to one after 2 years. if there's a problem it's because this one is 8 i.o.w riders plus 4 guests. with exeter in the news again a few falcons fans might travel over but both meetings for me are really for i.o.w fans.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply Captain, as of yet there has been no announcement on the additional 4 riders for the opening individual meeting or the 4tt teams. However, I do believe Weymouth and Exeter have announced some riders who will be included in their teams I believe on social media.

Andy

Sorry for the late reply Captain, as of yet there has been no announcement on the additional 4 riders for the opening individual meeting or the 4tt teams. However, I do believe Weymouth and Exeter have announced some riders who will be included in their teams I believe on social media.

Andy

Thanks Andy ,do you know when they will be announced ?

Praying for a Thursday 1st September meeting - I'm on holiday on IoW that week :)

Well, you both did well there.

26th May - Warriors at home to Belle Vue and, 1st September - Warriors at home to Eastbourne.

NL fixtures out today. They don't appear yet on the Warriors web-site, twitter or facebook but can be found month by month on the SpeedwayGB website.

26th May - Warriors at home to Belle Vue and, 1st September - Warriors at home to Eastbourne.

NL fixtures out today. They don't appear yet on the Warriors web-site, twitter or facebook but can be found month by month on the SpeedwayGB website.

Ive put them on the Facebook group.

Hi guys, so sorry for my absence these last few days.

Captain, I have spoken to Barry and Martin and as yet a date for the announcement of those riders is not immanent.

MikeC & Pitlane. The fixtures I believe came out yesterday however I didn't want to reply to you until the list had been looked over and confirmed as correct. However, I am happy to say those dates are indeed going ahead as planned so great news for you guys. If there are any changes to our fixture list in the future I will post them up on here ASAP.

Thanks guys.

Andy

Hi guys, so sorry for my absence these last few days.

Captain, I have spoken to Barry and Martin and as yet a date for the announcement of those riders is not immanent.

MikeC & Pitlane. The fixtures I believe came out yesterday however I didn't want to reply to you until the list had been looked over and confirmed as correct. However, I am happy to say those dates are indeed going ahead as planned so great news for you guys. If there are any changes to our fixture list in the future I will post them up on here ASAP.

Thanks guys.

Andy

Yes really pleased with how the fixtures have panned out. The Colts' May trip to take on the Warriors conveniently sandwiched between the Aces matches at Poole & Coventry on consecutive nights.

Time off work booked, all the ingredients for a cracking speedway road trip, then home for the Bank Holiday weekend. Really looking forward to my first visit to the island now. :approve: