British Speedway Forum

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

As usual, I must be an exception to most, inthat I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting. All those people highlighting, the negative aspects to me, were expecting too much.

The meeting reminded me of the many Wembley Finals we saw. The racing was never that good, but the occasion made it special. Had Doyle been performing at Wembley last night he would have been World Champion. His gating and track craft was equal to anyone who won there. Mauger would have been proud to have performed that good. Probably the best five gates in a meeting I've ever seen by anyone.

Of all the SGP and SWC I've seen over the years, the real good ones you can count on your fingers. Just because there are top riders, it doesn't guarantee exciting racing. I agree the racing could have been better. But we must remember this is a new venue, and some riders seeing it for the first time. Also the track staff are learning all the time and will no doubt benefit from tonight critiques .

I thought it went quite well. We now have a venue of stature , one that will get better in the future, and one we can be proud off......

Let concentrate on the positives for a change.....

• Like 5

For me the main reason the racing was poor was the difference in class of some riders.The USA team were so poor at this level.Also the Russian riders bar Emil were struggling leaving the Aussies and Danes battling it out in most races.Thought Doyle was brilliant but tomorrow is another day and its a much more competitive field.

I certainly didn't expect the Aussies to fire like they did and did I hear it correct that the whole team were running PJR engines? It showed if they were.

I originally believed GB would be competitive but now not sure as only Woffinden and Cook (I think) use PJR.

Lambert will be running the sluggish BAR and no idea what King uses, self tuned in the shed engine maybe.

We'll score more than America obviously but Poland, Sweden and Australia have quality top to bottom.

I think we'll end up around the 25 point mark

Sat in the temporary East Stand with no PA so could someone please post the heat times for the meeting. Thanks!

Cant help you with race times as I am not paying ten pound for a programme but NKI broke the track record in his first two rides.

Very poor racing.

I'd normal watch the recorded tv show when I got in but instead I cleansed the palate with this year Aces DVDs from the NSS.

I blame our promotors as they need to grow a pair and stand up to BSI. It's not enough to say they have hired the place and are running the show as something like last night can reflect badly on The Aces promotion going forward.

It takes some doing to produce racing like that at NSS, if they had done nothing after the last match it would have been 100 times better. If we say the track can take rain we mean it and we know what to do. Christ we completely redid the track in 30 mins the other week after severe rain and it was great.

The guy roughing up the track did his normal outside run, shouted to the start guys that his finished, they started marking out the gates only for our man to come round a further two times on the inside after being told to do that by a fella at the maintenance gate who stopped him going back in.

Give them some cinema tickets for over the road and tell them we'll sort it.

• Like 3

Cant help you with race times as I am not paying ten pound for a programme but NKI broke the track record in his first two rides.

There was no space in the programme to write the time in anyway!

So whats the track record now? and who holds it?

Good post Ouch! ....... I hope the correct people read it and learn from it.

After hearing what BV track has been like, that was poor do's last night. I don't want tonight to be the same,

Or maybe it was like it was last night, change it for tonight so Aussie don't have a head start on all the others.

Some light drizzle here, but I am 30 miles west of Manchester but the wind blows that way.

Great by the aussies but geez what a borefest, what track is the new stadium track based on as i read somewhere they looked at other tracks.

Fricke should have been excluded as well, cant believe Tatum actually rode and was half decent by all accounts, but didnt change the result luckily.

Junior

Check from 15.35 then decide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksrvkiDhu6I

SO what influence do you think BSI had on the track? I can tell you. Nothing. After all the fine rain yesterday the track staff (BV's) in conjunction with the FIM actually produced a race track that even the riders will tell you was TOO good. So smooth with lots of grip that with riders of that quality allows them to create the huge gaps between one another.

A lot of work was done last night to rip up the track and hopefully this evening, after an untimely practice, conditions will be more conducive to the racing we all want to see.

• Like 1

SO what influence do you think BSI had on the track? I can tell you. Nothing. After all the fine rain yesterday the track staff (BV's) in conjunction with the FIM actually produced a race track that even the riders will tell you was TOO good. So smooth with lots of grip that with riders of that quality allows them to create the huge gaps between one another.

A lot of work was done last night to rip up the track and hopefully this evening, after an untimely practice, conditions will be more conducive to the racing we all want to see.

The track was TOO GOOD smooth ,grip and every rider loved it so your saying that when they get the racing surface they all ask for it is no good to race on ,this could only happen in this sport !!!!!!!!!!

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Like 6

Did you try them all Steve.???

and £10 for a program.... did the program cover tonights racing as well. £10 for a prog is moe then a bit steep.

I think the programme covered both meetings but you need to fill in each and every race for both. There is a screen on the second bend which gives all the information you need.

That was the poorest meeting I have seen at the NSS and I have attended every EL match, a few Colts meetings and the British Final. Not only was passing at a premium but there was generally significant spacing between riders and that is certainly not what we usually see.

The explanation is as given by Philip Rising. The track was smooth, no bumps, no ruts and there was so much grip that riders of that quality were generally uncatchable. Let's hope the weather stays dry today and that we can see the sort of track we have seen for much of this season. It just shows that tracks with more grip are not necessarily conducive to good racing.

The general organisation last night seemed to work well, no problems with parking and no queues to get into the stadium when I arrived. There were problems with the PA on the third and fourth bends so hopefully, the sound levels can be ramped up a bit tonight.

Edited by Aces51

The track was TOO GOOD smooth ,grip and every rider loved it so your saying that when they get the racing surface they all ask for it is no good to race on ,this could only happen in this sport !!!!!!!!!!

IT'S great for them to race on, the riders love it, but that doesn't means it's conducive to very close racing with plenty pf passing at this level. Certainly not much chance of Jason Doyle on current from getting passed by anyone.

• Like 1

I am sad to say that was the worst meeting i have seen at the NSS and i have been to them all inc the colts meetings hope tonights match is more like what i am used to watching.

But my biggest whinge is saved for that £10 programme what a waste of money.The score chart is the worst i have ever seen nowhere to record the race times nowhere to write tac subs scores and nowhere to write the ind riders final score etc total bobbins.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

Track was too good, hence the ultra-fast times and track records.

It was consistent and grippy all over. It needs to be made slicker on the inside and slicker going into turns 1 and 3. It should be only be very grippy on the outside and coming out of turns 2 and 4.

The Elite League and National League meetings have provided consistently good racing all year....then the FIM come along...

The big temporary stand on the 3rd/4th bend really complete the stadium.....It's going to be a superb atmosphere when it's packed out tonight.

Worst thing was the terrible £10 programme which was a rip-off.

If charging £10 for a programme they could at least bother to proof-read it. Full of mistakes. What exactly is racing "Caster"? Is it like Castor?

No space for race times.

When there's a tactical substitute you're trying to write the scores in a black square.

Last 4 heats badly laid out.

Racecard says in the event of a tie it goes on countback, but we were told that if Aussie and Denmark had tied it would have been a run-off.

referee let the Aussies move at the start . and should have excluded fricke . hugely dissapointed with the whole thing . crap racing and an Aussie ref . can only hope the swedes and Poles have their gating boots on tonight ,

• Like 5