British Speedway Forum

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

Now I'm totally bolloxed, I've not seen that film. Seriously though, as I read your posts I always find myself hearing Ozzie, subconsciously of course but it happens all the same.

Naboo is an enigma .an unfathomable object :lol:

Typical of Hancock to pull out on Britsh shores & I've said for years I really don't understand why he gets cheered at the British GP.

A massive let down for all the fans who thought he was riding but as I said no surprise for me.

Doyley is also spot on as the host nation should be in the race off with the top 2 qualifying in future years.

USA won't get 10 points.

• Like 1

Typical of Hancock to pull out on Britsh shores & I've said for years I really don't understand why he gets cheered at the British GP.

A massive let down for all the fans who thought he was riding but as I said no surprise for me.

Doyley is also spot on as the host nation should be in the race off with the top 2 qualifying in future years.

USA won't get 10 points.

USA won't get 10 points.

and if you have no intention or will of staging a world cup .you should not be allowed to enter the competition at all. seems fair enough to me . next year all teams to the race offs . and Austtalia no involvement at all

Makes you laugh when Ladbrokes are only offering 500/1 for USA to win outright tonight.
Wonder if those figures were attached before they knew Hancock was not riding.

Makes Leicester,s odds of 5000/1 to win last years Prem a bit miserly. ;)

Any ideas on how the brown-nosing commentary duo will cover Hancock skiving off.?

They treat the old codger with such Demi-God status that I imagine they will find some way of spinning it.

Pearson will probably end up making it sound as if such selfless action by The Toothless One is actually to our benefit.

Edited by Grand Central

Being a patriot and as GB are not racing tonight im going to be backing Russia, I think Emil would add to the final.

hope Doyle gets the massive round of applause he deserves :mad:

Tuesday - USA qualify for the Race Off

Wednesday - Ricky Wells announces he has been dropped for Race Off

Wednesday / Thursday - Broc Nicol gets on a plane from the US to replace Wells in the lineup

Friday - Hancock announces he is stepping aside to let Becker get some experience.

IMO Team USA knew Tuesday or Wednesday that Hancock wasn't going to ride, they've just played it like this to make it look like he's a gentleman.

if they really wanted the young kid to get some experience they'd have dropped Janniro or Fisher before Hancock.

• Like 5

I don't blame Greg, I blame the idiots that decided to put the hosts straight into the final. There's only 6 decent teams in the World at the moment, but we've ended up with 7 teams in Manchester. Would I risk injury and plenty of big paydays in the next few weeks when my team has no chance? Probably not. But I do agree with those that were hoping to watch him and see 4 riders in some races,

I dread to think how far behind young Nicol and Becker will be.

But that's all done now, let's hope for 2 nights of cracking Speedway.