British Speedway Forum

Swindon Stadium

On 7/7/2020 at 8:33 PM, geoff58 said:

bitter cradley fan !! nothing to do with commonwealth games FACT !! where you get this fantasy garbage from is quite astonishing !! :nono: i remember cradley fans singing where's your stadium gone at the last meeting at hyde rd !! karma justice prevailed !! keep weeping when you read & watch what we have :party:

Bitter!!, nope i dont have anything to be bitter about, just sad to see the state the sport has become in the Uk.. never been to Hyde road so count me out.. carry on dancing and dont forget to turn out the lights...

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Lee Kilby quoted as saying that there won't be any speedway in Swindon in 2020, and that he's looking forward to 2021.

What sort of stadium and track will he have in 2021, I wonder?

As long as they race I don't mind, another rubbish stirring post with love from Irrevelance from Birmingham....

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, skydog said:

Work supposed to start in the summer so nothing yet....

Which year?

So what does that say about Ray C's Swindon Advertiser article then? How can looking  "same as it did in September 2019" be made to appear as looking "pretty good" other than it still looks like there's a stadium there as opposed to no stadium?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Which year?

So what does that say about Ray C's Swindon Advertiser article then? How can looking  "same as it did in September 2019" be made to appear as looking "pretty good" other than it still looks like there's a stadium there as opposed to no stadium?

I have no idea what anyone else has seen or said, I'm just quoting what Alun R said in an interview that it isnt supposed to start until the summer so we shouldnt be surprised if theres no change at this point.

As a lifelong Reading fan I'm very cynical towards anything Stadia UK say, but I guess we'll see in the summer...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JessicaJones said:

According to the company's latest accounts (filed three months late last week) work is due to be completed by July 2021.

Is the completion date referring to housing or the stadium?

• Haha 1