British Speedway Forum

Swindon Stadium

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Oh Dear. They may have to be cladded to get passed and that's everyone. 

If I remember correctly all those around the old track were cladded, so doing the same with these will be no different. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Blimey !!! now looks like leicester- hope it doesn`t ride like it !!!!!

I was thinking that too. :o

On 4/10/2019 at 6:29 PM, racers and royals said:

Blimey !!! now looks like leicester- hope it doesn`t ride like it !!!!!

No not really. I think it's a good shape with reduced straights and wider all around. I'm down at Swindon for the BYC in June, so i'll be able to report back how it rode.

On 4/10/2019 at 6:46 PM, geoff100 said:

Those lamp posts dont look six ft from fence !

2 nice little brick walls. Hope  no rider slides under airfence. Will be interesting too see if racing is better than before although too be fair couldn't be any worse. Last 3 or 4 season last yr in particular was gate and go track.will be nipping to oaktre quite a bit racers track and  got a team of racers. HARRIS WILL THRIVE THERE

On 4/12/2019 at 10:28 AM, Tsunami said:

No not really. I think it's a good shape with reduced straights and wider all around. I'm down at Swindon for the BYC in June, so i'll be able to report back how it rode.

wish you cd do that at Brough actually

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ch958 said:

wish you cd do that at Brough actually

Quite agree. Pity we can't switch with the dogs and we got the outside track.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2019 at 7:50 AM, Ray Stadia said:

I would have thought, with the new houses so close to the stadium, the least speedway activity there is at the stadium, the less chance there will be of complaint from the residents. :unsure:

new neighbours  are jast like neighbours at home . you have to start as you mean to go on ,  our previous next door neighbours whined about every single thing until in the end we were almost afraid to go out to the dustbin and let the lid down , when the new ones moved in ,we  started as we meant to go on , after about 3 days they knocked on the door moaning about me mowing the lawn at 7.30pm  . I didn't even question the problem .just said .go forth and multiply but in not so many words , having been put firmly in their place ,we have heard no more complaints from them . start pandering to moaners at your peril .

• Like 3