British Speedway Forum

Swindon Stadium

First time I've been to Blunsdon in a number of years as I was passing thought I'd take a look before heading home.

Surprised by how close the housing is by the 3rd and 4th bends. Looking forward to some berk in Robinscroft Rd to complain about the noise coming from over the road.

Nothing done to the track from my vantage point looking over it from the traffic lights outside the stadium.

So both Toby Elliott and Vera Tomlinson either supported or approved whatever application was being made, with "conditions". They are hoping the leopard will change its spots.

Perhaps it would be more effective to do a "Trump"..........refuse the application totally until the previous commitments have been met.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, woofers said:

So both Toby Elliott and Vera Tomlinson either supported or approved whatever application was being made, with "conditions". They are hoping the leopard will change its spots.

Perhaps it would be more effective to do a "Trump"..........refuse the application totally until the previous commitments have been met.

It would have made more sense to have either told the developers no houses could be built until the stadium was completed or limited the building to say 100 houses at which point the stadium should have been completed before any more were allowed to be started, so the planners are their own worst enemy, and the developers run rings round them.  

Can there be a block put on the selling of the houses that have been built but not sold so that the developers do not get any monies until all issues have been met. Otherwise, get a JCB to part demolish these houses, on the quiet though by accident, as we know what Brandon will do.

On 1/7/2019 at 1:38 PM, IronScorpion said:

Can there be a block put on the selling of the houses that have been built but not sold so that the developers do not get any monies until all issues have been met. Otherwise, get a JCB to part demolish these houses, on the quiet though by accident, as we know what Brandon will do.

What an incredible indeed IMO outrageous comment to make!

On 1/14/2019 at 11:24 AM, *JJ said:

It's what happened at Cradley: I am astonished that they haven't had a 'mysterious fire' at Brandon, or an Irishman with a bulldozer.

Yes But Cradley had closed when that happened, The stadium itself was just laying empty like Brandon is at this moment.

39 minutes ago, Odds On said:

it must be nigh on four years ago that Rossitor stood with a plan of the new stadium for the press to shout about, no nearer to a resolve.

...and three plus years when I raised this particular thread!

4 hours ago, cityrebel said:

I doubt it, farces occur in speedway on a weekly basis. That one has been swept well under the carpet.

But it wasn't a farce at the time, was it.