British Speedway Forum

Stoke 2016

TMW

• 3 weeks later...

Get volunteers in de weed the place remove all overgrown grass etc get everyone on the centre green try and level it out then plant some grass, bit of paint everywhere and new flags on the flag pole and you're pretty much there

The centre green is a typical stock car stadium: the cars destroy it.

• 3 weeks later...

Good signing. As stated he fills the role vacated by Armo but also he's still a more formidable heat leader than you might expect for a man his age. He averaged just over 8. If Stoke get Payne too then with Phillips likely to improve this year they have a solid start to team building. I wouldn't say Phillips under performed last year - he upped his average. A second year at the same track should help him develop. I'd have thought Tedham and RTD will be back too,

• Like 1

Good signing. As stated he fills the role vacated by Armo but also he's still a more formidable heat leader than you might expect for a man his age. He averaged just over 8. If Stoke get Payne too then with Phillips likely to improve this year they have a solid start to team building. I wouldn't say Phillips under performed last year - he upped his average. A second year at the same track should help him develop. I'd have thought Tedham and RTD will be back too,

rtd confirmed back for the storm

rtd confirmed back for the storm

Didn't know that when I posted and rather assumed without substance that he wouldn't be back with Cov.

Stoke certainly have a significant rebuilding job on their hands. They could do with getting at least one but preferably two top heat leaders sorted before there's none left. Payne is likely at BV I imagine but I hope for the Stoke fans that everything is/was done to keep him. With a strong enough top end to compete and Philips doing a solid middle order job it certainly shouldn't be a disastrous season for Stoke, although likely a lot nearer to the bottom than the top. If they could get Wilson that would be a massive boost for them.

• Like 1