British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2016

Second Tier EDR rider comes in on assessed 3 and stays at reserve all season. Thems the rules !

The initial statement said both reserve(s) get new averages after 4 meetings. No mention of just tier 1.

Tier 2 I imagine will come in on 3 but unuclear from statement if they also get to move up.

Makes sense that only tier 1 riders move up from progress point of view.

• Like 1

Very welcome to have Batch (please)

The initial statement said both reserve(s) get new averages after 4 meetings. No mention of just tier 1.

Tier 2 I imagine will come in on 3 but unuclear from statement if they also get to move up.

Makes sense that only tier 1 riders move up from progress point of view.

Correct me if I am wrong. I am looking at the BSPA announcement after the first part of the AGM in October, posted on the Lakeside website 19th Oct.

It says the draft system will be retained, then mentions modifications to Tier 1, I.e. They come in on a converted PL average and get an EL average after 4 meetings. Nothing is mentioned about Tier 2 so we assume no change, unless there is a subsequent announcement that I have missed.

In relation to SCB's point about Mear having a 4+ EL average the fact is that even in the top tier the average is converted from the PL and Rob doesn't have a PL average, so we still come back to an assessed average.

Edited by E I Addio

Correct me if I am wrong. I am looking at the BSPA announcement after the first part of the AGM in October, posted on the Lakeside website 19th Oct.

It says the draft system will be retained, then mentions modifications to Tier 1, I.e. They come in on a converted PL average and get an EL average after 4 meetings. Nothing is mentioned about Tier 2 so we assume no change, unless there is a subsequent announcement that I have missed.

In relation to SCB's point about Mear having a 4+ EL average the fact is that even in the top tier the average is converted from the PL and Rob doesn't have a PL average, so we still come back to an assessed average.

That is what the initial annoucement said. However, the article in the Speedway Star stated that it would apply to both reserves. I've heard nothing more since then so am none the wiser.

Didn't CVS say that Howarth starts on his EL average?

Josh Bates is 3.3 for Coventry. So that's not true

Where does that information come from?

I have just looked at the report in Speedwáy Star of 24th Oct and that doesn't fit exactly with what was said in the SCB statement but neither are crystal clear, which is a rather familiar situation with SCB press releases, so I suppose we can't be sure until the rules and/or the averages are published.

However, as far as Rob Mear is concerned it would be incongruous if he came in on a 4.09'aversge from the second tier while Lewis Blackbird was only on a 3.7 from the first tier, so it is a little confusing . That assumes your information about Josh Bates is correct though which is why I asked. Going strictly by the SCB statement and nothing else it looks like all the second tier riders come in on a 3 and stay at reserve, it's only when you read the SS report carefully that it seems to say that they all get converted averages and can all move into the 1-5, so who knows?

The BSPA not clarifying rules to its customers thus keeping them in the dark lest they state the "bleedin' obvious" inconsistencies?

Now that is surprising isn't it?😃

The rules that have been published open to all kinds of interpretation, contradiction, challenge and therefore, one can only assume, manipulation?

Now that is another surprise isn't it?😃

Stadiums five sixths empty again next season?

No surprise there I would suggest...😒

• Like 1

mikebv, on 15 Nov 2015 - 3:33 PM, said:

The BSPA not clarifying rules to its customers thus keeping them in the dark lest they state the "bleedin' obvious" inconsistencies?

Now that is surprising isn't it?

The rules that have been published open to all kinds of interpretation, contradiction, challenge and therefore, one can only assume, manipulation?

Now that is another surprise isn't it?

No surprise there I would suggest...

The term " MUG PUNTER " was invented for Speedway supporters .. I cant think of any other sport whose followers are treated with such disregard ,

• Like 2

Where does that information come from?

I have just looked at the report in Speedwáy Star of 24th Oct and that doesn't fit exactly with what was said in the SCB statement but neither are crystal clear, which is a rather familiar situation with SCB press releases, so I suppose we can't be sure until the rules and/or the averages are published.

However, as far as Rob Mear is concerned it would be incongruous if he came in on a 4.09'aversge from the second tier while Lewis Blackbird was only on a 3.7 from the first tier, so it is a little confusing . That assumes your information about Josh Bates is correct though which is why I asked. Going strictly by the SCB statement and nothing else it looks like all the second tier riders come in on a 3 and stay at reserve, it's only when you read the SS report carefully that it seems to say that they all get converted averages and can all move into the 1-5, so who knows?

Everything was done a bit differently this year, so think any previous notion of T1/T2 riders needs to be knocked on the head. Some teams will have 2 T1 riders, and I presume Lakeside are one of those teams.

There was talk of swaps and all sorts this year, hence (one presumes!) why it wasn't announced on Twitter as it has been done previously.

Jonsson 7.84
Nilsson 6.98
Kennett 5.86
Blackbird 3.70
Mear 3.00
total 27.38
leaves 13.12 for two riders

If those reserve averages are correct, we could fit 2 riders with the ability to improve their averages:

Michael Jepsen Jensen 6.52

Mikkel Bech 6.16

= 12.68

Cook did mention a swap deal with Ellis, so maybe:

Davey Watt 7.19

Dakota North 5.91

= 13.1

More likely to have:

Davey Watt 7.19

Richard Lawson 5.65

= 12.84

Edited by Cliv Clav

Maybe some of the changes announced after Part 1 of the AGM have been re-thought during the 'cooling off' period before Part 2 of the AGM.

Just as an example, Matt Ford has stated that he is looking for both reserves to be challenging for a place in the 1-5. That could of course mean that Poole are going top-heavy and will have at least one duff 2nd string?!

Now that is surprising isn't it?

Now that is another surprise isn't it?

No surprise there I would suggest...

As usual with this sort of discussion where we try to dig out the facts we invariably get the idiotic element that can't be bothered to read things for themselves and simply want to mudsling. As I have said many times the sport has enough problems without people making more up as per the above post.

The rules published are NOT open to all kinds of interpretation. Why not ? BECAUSE NO RULES HAVE YET BEEN PUBLISHED. I wish people would try to get their minds round that simple concept, as a first point.

Secondly, for those of us that have bothered to read the SCB announcement its intention is quite clear. It says Summary of AGM in brief. I presume most people understand what a summary is and what in brief means.

The discrepancy arises when we get to the Speedwáy Star interpretation of it. Now , it wouldn't be the first time that Speedwáy Star has got something wrong, in which case the criticism needs to be aimed at them, not the BSPA, but we don't know if that is the case at the moment. It will become clearer with time, but in the. Meantime spare us the usual old rhetoric about rule manipulation when as yet there are no rules (and the season is still 4 months away)

Everything was done a bit differently this year, so think any previous notion of T1/T2 riders needs to be knocked on the head. Some teams will have 2 T1 riders, and I presume Lakeside are one of those teams.

There was talk of swaps and all sorts this year, hence (one presumes!) why it wasn't announced on Twitter as it has been done previously.

Why do you presume Lakeside have two T1 riders? That could only happen if the T1 riders are not picke d and drop into T2 In which case they become T2 riders.

• Like 1