British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2016

So Kerr to the 1-5 and Swidders to reserve?! Is that right?

Given that they have both completed six meetings for the Hammers and the current way British Speedway is 'regulated', that is quite possible notwithstanding that their respective averages from those six meetings are :

PS = 7.08

LK = 4.46

As they say - 'only in Speedway' :lol:

• Like 1

Sky Sports just tweeted upcoming televised fixtures including:

Wed 04 May - Lakeside v Belle Vue and Wed 01 June - Lakeside v Wolves

so a couple of re-arranged dates there, that were previously scheduled for a Friday.

Sky Sports just tweeted upcoming televised fixtures including:

Wed 04 May - Lakeside v Belle Vue and Wed 01 June - Lakeside v Wolves

so a couple of re-arranged dates there, that were previously scheduled for a Friday.

Well that looks like a very astute piece of fixture planning. Belle Vue on 4th May then Kings Lynn listed two days later , then Wolves on the 1st June and Belle Vue two days later. Two meetings two days apart sounds a great way to really get the crowds in ( I don't think so) and create a bit of atmosphere before the cameras .

Of course as Belle Vue are due anyway on 3rd June I don't suppose it crossed anybody's mind to simply move that one back two days so we don't have two in the same week and have a more evenly spaced fixture list. Sky messing around with the fixtures like this is getting beyond the pale.

Well that looks like a very astute piece of fixture planning. Belle Vue on 4th May then Kings Lynn listed two days later , then Wolves on the 1st June and Belle Vue two days later. Two meetings two days apart sounds a great way to really get the crowds in ( I don't think so) and create a bit of atmosphere before the cameras .

Of course as Belle Vue are due anyway on 3rd June I don't suppose it crossed anybody's mind to simply move that one back two days so we don't have two in the same week and have a more evenly spaced fixture list. Sky messing around with the fixtures like this is getting beyond the pale.

I'm guessing that the televised match on 04 May v Belle Vue, is the one originally scheduled for 03 June, so maybe not two home fixtures in two days there?

This meeting has been brought forward from 3rd June which was going to be a problem anyway. AJ and Fricke both ride for Rybnik in the Extraleague who have a televised meeting the same day and have priority due to the Polish dates being announced before our's.

Edited by tocha

This meeting has been brought forward from 3rd June which was going to be a problem anyway. AJ and Fricke both ride for Rybnik in the Extraleague who have a televised meeting the same day and have priority due to the Polish dates being announced before our's.

Yes and I see that the website are now posting that the Kings Lynn meeting scheduled for May has been put back to September avoiding two meetings in one week there so at least we will have a season that doesn't end in August has it has been doing recently. All's well that ends well.

Tried so hard not to join the poole hate brigade

but after all the poole poole poole on the thread

for Fridays great meeting I have just read their report

on the meeting all about them again not really a mention

how well we rode just how well their riders did coming last

oh dear please get your head out of your own a***.The last time

I went to dorset was a few years ago just before lees tragic accident

and we were leading all the way trough till a really dodgy exclusion

for llung in heat 15 in a first bend incident saw holder and watt

manage to pass lee for a 5-1 to win by 1 and after not a single mention

of lakeside heroics on the night just what a surprise how great they were NEVER AGAIN COME ON YOU HAMMERS.

Why wouldn't any club report emphasise their own club?? Its only likely to be read regularly by the club's own potential fanbase.

Having said that, the Poole report on the home meeting gave due credence to Lakeside's 'stubbornness' in the first half of the meeting before Poole pulled away - not dissimilar to Friday's reversal.

They always have an excuse, don#t they?

It's not a case of 'hating' Poole - very little in sport is worth 'hating', despite the attitudes of too many football fans, but having a strong dislike for the arrogance of so many of those involved with Poole Speedway. They in turn try to shrug it off by describing any criticism of their actions or attitude with the term 'Poole hater', trying to discredit such criticism by suggesting that such critics are just following some standard line instead of being able to see and think for themselves.

It doesn't work.

I've enjoyed my trips to Wimborne Road over the past forty years but under the current regime it's become an arrogant, ruthless business which treats outsiders with contempt, as in Ford's sanctimonious utterings in the local rag.

"Why wouldn't any club report emphasise their own club?? Its only likely to be read regularly by the club's own potential fanbase."

It does rather treat their own fans with contempt - that they are too feeble-minded to be given anything other than a distorted report.

• Like 2

ooh someone's woken up in a bad mood!!

Having said that, in case you haven't read the Poole report, I thought it quite fair and it gave much credence to the Lakeside riders as well as pointing out the negatives of the Poole performance.

Edited by Skidder1

Fighting back from 6 points down last week was one of the most enjoyable meetings I have had the pleasure to witness at the raceway in the last 24 years and will certainly make us a good choice for televised meetings..

Sky have certainly picked what should be two cracking meetings- Belle Vue and Wolves both look strong and, along with us and Poole are likely to be the four teams in the playoffs come the end of the season. Swindon might get a look in though- Tonight's televised meeting should give a good indication of how they are likely to fare.

Hopefully Sky will also show some of our away meetings as well.

Up The Hammers!

ooh someone's woken up in a bad mood!!

Having said that, in case you haven't read the Poole report, I thought it quite fair and it gave much credence to the Lakeside riders as well as pointing out the negatives of the Poole performance.

At least I wake up.

You should try it.

Edited by rmc

They always have an excuse, don#t they?

It's not a case of 'hating' Poole - very little in sport is worth 'hating', despite the attitudes of too many football fans, but having a strong dislike for the arrogance of so many of those involved with Poole Speedway. They in turn try to shrug it off by describing any criticism of their actions or attitude with the term 'Poole hater', trying to discredit such criticism by suggesting that such critics are just following some standard line instead of being able to see and think for themselves.

It doesn't work.

I've enjoyed my trips to Wimborne Road over the past forty years but under the current regime it's become an arrogant, ruthless business which treats outsiders with contempt, as in Ford's sanctimonious utterings in the local rag.

"Why wouldn't any club report emphasise their own club?? Its only likely to be read regularly by the club's own potential fanbase."

It does rather treat their own fans with contempt - that they are too feeble-minded to be given anything other than a distorted report.

I am with Skidder on this one . I don't think the Poole report was any more or less biased than the Lakeside one on the Hammers website. All clubs give a bit more praise to their own teams, and always have done.

One interesting statistic from the Poole website though was that this was apparently the Pirates first defeat in14 matches in all competitions , the last one being against Belle Vue at the beginning of August 2015 ! ! .........UP THE HAMMERS !

• Like 1