British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2016

Think it's because both Lawson and Kennett are unavailable and possibly someone from Wolves but not sure who, Iam sure that's what Cook said during the Leicester meeting.

What an absolute joke!

This wasn't noticed when the fixtures were arranged? As both Lawson and Kennet are sharing the spot, means you've got one rider missing... Wolves would be missing Clegg. So let's cancel the fixture!

It gets worse and worse...

• Like 1

If it spaces the fixtures out a bit so no huge gaps later on I don't mind plus like many others if a meeting can be staged with full teams all the better, it's what we have been telling promoters for some time, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

What an absolute joke!

This wasn't noticed when the fixtures were arranged? As both Lawson and Kennet are sharing the spot, means you've got one rider missing... Wolves would be missing Clegg. So let's cancel the fixture!

The announcement last week was that it was being postponed because both clubs had riders missing. Last nights programme said that Ed Kennet was due to be riding but because of the Plymouth rescue package he is now needed by Rye House down there. It also said that two Wolves riders were due to be missing. It also said the match is going to be re-scheduled later in the year probably to be covered by " live TV" . Hmmm ...v

Personally I don't really care as I would rather see the meeting when the weather is warmer.

Edited by E I Addio

What an absolute joke!

In fact Wolves would be missing Bech (Poland) and, possibly, Masters (Edinburgh) although I don't know which club has priority. Anyway the situation has been resolved.

The bigger concerns are the two home fixtures against Belle Vue 3rd June and 5th August when AJ and Fricke could both be absent due to Polish Extraleague matches being run the same day. Both ride for Rybnik.

In fact Wolves would be missing Bech (Poland) and, possibly, Masters (Edinburgh) although I don't know which club has priority. Anyway the situation has been resolved.

The bigger concerns are the two home fixtures against Belle Vue 3rd June and 5th August when AJ and Fricke could both be absent due to Polish Extraleague matches being run the same day. Both ride for Rybnik.

So why was the fixture even scheduled for that date in the first place?

There are no excuses for the ineptness of how the sport is run.

• Like 2

Edinburgh have priority of both Clegg and masters if there is a fixture clash.

I think we may as well cancel all matches until the weather improves.

Promoters can't be bothered and with fixture clashes there seems little point.

The promoters can't be bothered so why should the fans?

Another pathetic call off.

I hope I can sustain my interest in the sport while I'm waiting to watch an EL fixture at Monmore. And NO Cradley don't count.

:angry:

• Like 2

Got tbh Steve if I was a wolves fan I wouldn't be happy being relegated to every other week by the old enemy.as a heathen I'm chuffed to be back at monmore obviously

I'm delighted for the Heathens fans to be back at Monmore however it's feeling like WE are the poor relations.

Tuesdays are now free so I see no issue why Cradley can't go back to Tuesdays again.

Something is seriously wrong when we have barely any free dates to fit in rain offs, meaning the main tenants not the cos hosts. (no offence meant or intended!)

I believe the weather forecast for Monday isn't great either.

• Like 1

So why was the fixture even scheduled for that date in the first place?

There are no excuses for the ineptness of how the sport is run.

Does it really matter though? If the fixture goes ahead with 7 Lakeside riders and 7 Wolves riders surely that's better.

I think we may as well cancel all matches until the weather improves.

Promoters can't be bothered and with fixture clashes there seems little point.

The promoters can't be bothered so why should the fans?

Another pathetic call off.

I hope I can sustain my interest in the sport while I'm waiting to watch an EL fixture at Monmore. And NO Cradley don't count.

:angry:

Me to :cry:

• Like 2