British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2016

You will get some tier one riders averaging 7+ after 4 meetings, Garrity averaged over 7.

Unless the heat format reverts back as it was in 2013 or points scored in both reserves heats are not counted towards averages.

As I understand the position, averages will be calculated every 4 weeks to so a Tier 1 reserve won't be able to build up a huge CMA before being re-assessed so even if he went into the 1-5 he would likely only be there 4 weeks before coming down again.

In the context of Lakeside it means that even if Lewis Kerr went into the 1-5 it would mean any one from Swiderski, Lawson , Kennett,

Nilsson would be down at reserve and able to take 7 rides if necessary.

We can't say for certain until the season gets going but my gut feeling is that it will work out alright.

What happens if the tier 1 reserve increases his average to say for example 6.00 and moves into the main body of the team & then misses a meeting through injury or a fixture clash, can he still only be replaced by another tier 1 rider or because he's in the main body of the team can he be replaced by any guest up to that average or R/R ? And if he can only be replaced by another tier 1 rider does that replacement have to be at reserve or does he assume the position in the team the rider he is replacing was due to ride at ?

Does anyone know the answer ?

• Like 1

What happens if the tier 1 reserve increases his average to say for example 6.00 and moves into the main body of the team & then misses a meeting through injury or a fixture clash, can he still only be replaced by another tier 1 rider or because he's in the main body of the team can he be replaced by any guest up to that average or R/R ? And if he can only be replaced by another tier 1 rider does that replacement have to be at reserve or does he assume the position in the team the rider he is replacing was due to ride at ?

Riders always assume the position of the rider they are replacing, irrespective of actual average. As for the rest, I wouldn't like to guess. All will be revealed by October...

Iam pretty sure Ben Morley is going to be our back up reserve rider if I have read right, surely if Kerr managed to get himself in the main body of the team and had to miss a meeting through injury Morley wouldn't go into the top 5? My guess would be whoever dropped to reserve to replace Kerr would be moved back up with Morley coming in at reserve.

As I understand the position, averages will be calculated every 4 weeks to so a Tier 1 reserve won't be able to build up a huge CMA before being re-assessed so even if he went into the 1-5 he would likely only be there 4 weeks before coming down again.

Last night Jon Cook said averages would be calculated every 2 weeks. Assuming I heard him correctly.

• Like 1

Good question. I wish you had asked that yesterday and someone could have asked Cookie but my gut feeling is that Alan Jones answer is probably right.

Iam pretty sure Ben Morley is going to be our back up reserve rider if I have read right, surely if Kerr managed to get himself in the main body of the team and had to miss a meeting through injury Morley wouldn't go into the top 5? My guess would be whoever dropped to reserve to replace Kerr would be moved back up with Morley coming in at reserve.

Another good point. The rules have not been published yet but Ben Morley (assuming he does get signed) will be the second Tier 2 reserve and Tier 2 reserves stay at reserve, so my understanding is that Ben can only replacer Robert. The number 8 can replace any of the 1-5 that must include the first tier reserve if he is elevated into the main body, so in our theorectical example I would think it would either be Dennis Jonsson coming in to replace Kerr or more likely r/r because as far as we know at the moment you have to have r/r in the 2-5 and can only have a guest for number one.

So although I just said Alan Jones was probably right, he might not be ! I think we need to wait for the rules to be published before unraveling that one ! !

Edited by E I Addio

Good question. I wish you had asked that yesterday and someone could have asked Cookie but my gut feeling is that Alan Jones answer is probably right.

Maybe the 'right answer' should come from the BSPA via some detailed explanation of how the rules will work this year?

Would save a lot of conjecture and misinformation...

Just a thought...

• Like 3

Maybe the 'right answer' should come from the BSPA via some detailed explanation of how the rules will work this year?

Would save a lot of conjecture and misinformation...

Just a thought...

Maybe someone can ask Bluster Chapman all this at the BSPA forum on Sunday. After all he should know..............we hope !

• Like 1

So although I just said Alan Jones was probably right, he might not be ! I think we need to wait for the rules to be published before unraveling that one ! !

I'm assuming that if the tier 1 reserve makes it into the 2-5 then his actual position takes priority and he would be replaced by the no.8.

Stop panicking guys and please stop asking such stupid questions!

Take E I Addio's advice and simply look on the Lakeside website. Everything that you are asking, particularly following last night's 'Cook-In', is just oh so crystal clear.

Take E I Addio's advice and simply look on the Lakeside website. Everything that you are asking, particularly following last night's 'Cook-In', is just oh so crystal clear.

No, you are making things up yet again. I didn't say it was all on the website. You asked who the team was and I told you where to find it. That was all.

That's something else you made up, just like the story about Lakeside having mostly riders that don't want to be there, that you couldn't back up when someone challenged you on it.

In the words of Abraham Lincoln - " 'Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt "

• Like 2

Well, its a pity you never had the backbone to attend the forum yourself and call Jon Cook the names to his face you have been putting on the internet forum and you could have stood up defended your abusive remarks about Neil Vatcher, who, whatever ones views on him as a team manager is a thoroughly decent bloke.

• Like 3

Well, its a pity you never had the backbone to attend the forum yourself and call Jon Cook the names to his face you have been putting on the internet forum and you could have stood up defended your abusive remarks about Neil Vatcher, who, whatever ones views on him as a team manager is a thoroughly decent bloke.

Not just a decent bloke but a very capable one as well. Youth speedway has never been in better hands.

• Like 4

Club statement can be found at: http://www.lakesidehammers.com/

So what's the point of the so called #8 and possible squad situation to cover that scenario. And would it not be possible to try and change some dates as I see lakeside agreed to a change of date with poole to accommodate hans. More to this imo.

Edited by brewer

Club statement can be found at: http://www.lakesidehammers.com/

Seems harsh to drop him because of 3 fixture clashes, One would think there is more to it than the official explanation is letting on

I don't think Lakeside should have gone with Bjarne this year, but to drop him just weeks before the season starts is a little unfair in my opinion

• Like 2