British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2016

Kerr's 'actions' have made nobody look silly. Its all been blown way out of proportion.

Depends how seriously you take it. This is only a discussion between fans based on partial assumptions. Bottom line is that as long as Chapman ( sorry I can't seriously call a grown man "Buster" ) keeps his own fans happy enough to come through the turnstiles no other opinions are of particular importance.

• Like 1

If Lakeside use Mear, Kerr & Blackbird that would leave 7.46 for the final rider! Kenni Larsen?

1 Andreas Jonsson 7.84

2 Kenni Larsen 7.26

3 Kim Nilsson 6.98

4 Eddie Kennett 5.86

5 Robert Mear 4.44

6 Lewis Kerr 4.22

7 Lewis Blackbird 3.70

Total: 40.30

I would be amazed if Mear is in the top 5, no chance of that happening at all would be my guess.
  • Like 1

Surely if he was replacing a rider who was already confirmed for next year in Mear it would of said so in the statement released by the club.

As Blackbird, Mear and Kerr are all draft riders your can't have 3 of them.

Tbh, I don't see how you can have two of them

Jon Cook to announce a signing on BBC Essex tomorrow. I hope it's one of the Pawlickis but somehow I doubt it.

If it's Bjarne Pedersen I struggle to see what he can bring to the side that Mikkel Bech didn't . No announcement about Richard Lawson yet. If he doesn't come back it will be a massive hole to fill at second string.

Oh dear not filled with joy over the news of Bjarne Pedersen joining the hammers, he has been weak and seemed to lack commitment for the last few season lets hope he is going to have a second coming, only the weak league will help us now. Mind you will be happy to eat my words if he is on fire.

He did have a bad year last year. He was decent at Eastbourne always won heat 13 and 15 when it was most needed. Or as I like to say he helped us when the sh!t hit the fan

Edited by Al3x200
  • Like 2

I hope the BP signing works out for the Hammers but thought the more interesting part of the press release was the piece about the new management structure:

Jon Cook commented: “It’s an extremely exciting time behind the scenes and we have filled the breach left by Neil Vatcher with what we believe is a coup for the Club and a format that others will seek to copy.”

I think Thats a perfect marriage. Bjarne is a trapper, so should be a perfect fit around a technical track like Lakeside. can see him doing a decent job there. Not so sure he will pull up any gtrees away, but making ya home track a Fortress as to be the first thing on the menu.