British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2016

Kerr a very good signing if the after effects of his crash don't play on his mind too much but why is he the only rider that Lakeside have signed on the BSPA site.

Presumably because the BSPA press office have not been notified of any other signings-as is stated on the bottom of relevant page.

Edited by racers and royals

So much for a draft :blink: Surely Kerr is Lynns and thats how it has to be. By letting him sign for another team you have ruined the concept of a fair draft. Mear should not be offered to all teams whos have a tier 1 rider lower than Kerr was in the draft and if any of them want him then Lakeside can't have him.

Do we have an average for Mear yet?

So much for a draft :blink: Surely Kerr is Lynns and thats how it has to be. By letting him sign for another team you have ruined the concept of a fair draft. Mear should not be offered to all teams whos have a tier 1 rider lower than Kerr was in the draft and if any of them want him then Lakeside can't have him.

Do we have an average for Mear yet?

But if Kings Lynn don't want him, that is their choice and Lakeside have snapped him up as Blackbird isn't coming out of retirement. don't see the issue.

But if Kings Lynn don't want him, that is their choice and Lakeside have snapped him up as Blackbird isn't coming out of retirement. don't see the issue.

The whole point of the draft is if you have a better tier 1 rider you have a worse tier 2 rider. Now Lakeside have a better tier 1 rider then their tier 2 rider should be offered to other clubs or it's not a draft. You've just made it a free-for-all.

As far as Blackbird is concerned, I just cannot comprehend our Promotions' mentality on this one.

He's a very competent reserve. A good rider. But at the end of the day, that's about it. He isn't an International star, nor a world beater. And although not a gambler, I'd put a few bob on him never being either.

Why are we still waiting for him to make a decision? The rest of the team-building is potentially put on hold pending Mr. Blackbird deciding whether he wants to ride again, or stay in retirement?

Teams, including ourselves, have had to put up with this pathetic situation already; most recently with Mr. Bridger. It only ends in tears; and a team vacancy that kills the dynamics.

As far as I'm concerned, Mr Blackbird should be given 48 hours to make up his mind. "Do you want to ride for Lakeside, or not". The fact he is still apparently 'making up his mind' hardly convinces me of any commitment.

Can you imagine Poole standing for this load of boll@$?

No, neither can I.

Maybe Mr Blackbird was never going to come out of retiirement, and this whole business had been set up a long while ago, same goes for KL's replacement for Kerr.

• Like 1

The whole point of the draft is if you have a better tier 1 rider you have a worse tier 2 rider. Now Lakeside have a better tier 1 rider then their tier 2 rider should be offered to other clubs or it's not a draft. You've just made it a free-for-all.

It never was a true draft, although I do see your point.

My take on it is that all this has not happened in the last few days. Jon Cook was talking about a back up plan ages ago. Everybody must have known for a long time Lewis Blackbird wasn't coming back because he hasn't signed for a PL club and they seem to be mostly complete now. Chapman must have know quite early on that PUK was seriously in doubt , and it wouldn't surprise me at all if all this has been on the cards for a long time, kept under wraps away from public gaze. That might well be the reason Lakeside have not announced any names on the BSPA site, because it now seems some adjustment will need to be made to accommodate Kerr/

Maybe nobody else wants Mear as Tier 2. He is not the greatest rider on away tracks, No doubt other promoters would by complaining if they were short changed by this.

At the bottom of it all is the dithering and indecision by Buster Floodlight-Fuse who clearly knew before the season ended that NKI was in doubt but failed to get his ducks in a row in good time, hence the messing around with race night. Not an auspicious start for the man who reckons he is going to make the sport more credible.

Anyway, welcome to Lakeside Lewis. Big welcome from the fans certain to be there for you in March

Maybe Mr Blackbird was never going to come out of retiirement, and this whole business had been set up a long while ago, same goes for KL's replacement for Kerr.

Yep, you beat me to it.

Can you be sure it wasn't a free-for-all from the very beginning?!

Is Kerr any better than Blackbird? Isn't Mear their protected rider.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

Is a bit confusing the whole draft thing but then so is the heat leader list and team building as a whole, long gone are the days where we as fans could speculate based on known averages, now we know pretty much nothing about what riders are available at what criteria and what average, I will just sit back and wait.

Regarding a back up man for AJ though, I don't think we will end up with what many would call a genuine heat leader but not many teams will have that in 2016 anyway.

Is Kerr any better than Blackbird? Isn't Mear their protected rider.

In terms of the draft yes. Kerr is ahead of Newman and Wright, so in effect Poole and Swindon should both be offered Mear now and only if they don't want him should Lakeside get him.

Maybe both Poole and Swindon were offered Mear.

I don't know if he was offered but he isn't too reliable and only seems to go well at the smaller tracks, quite happy with Ellis.

In terms of the draft yes. Kerr is ahead of Newman and Wright, so in effect Poole and Swindon should both be offered Mear now and only if they don't want him should Lakeside get him.

Really? Rather have Newman any day.

Let's be honest . If Ford thought he was missing out we would have heard about it by now. If Rosco thought he was missing out we might have to wait for the Swindon Advertiser first to come out but he wouldnt be keeping quiet about it either.

Kerr is equal with Newman at best. I am bias but Poole have been sneaky Adam Ellis should not be a tier 2 rider i think he could start as number 1 reserve for most teams. So i think this is a good move by Lakeside. Can we swap Davey for AJ please??

I don't know if he was offered but he isn't too reliable and only seems to go well at the smaller tracks, quite happy with Ellis.

Really? Rather have Newman any day.

Kerr is a better rider than Newman. Rode Number 1 for Newcastle and ended up with a better average than Newman.

The only thing now will be how much Kerrs crash has affected him.

However if i agree that Newman is far more exciting than Kerr who is basically a very good trapper