British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2016

• 1 month later...

Seems like a good move to bring Eddie Kennett back into the team- We certainly need a boost in the away matches and Eddie has been in great form for Rye House. Up the Hammers!

Certainly agree about Eddie, he has been patient and deserves his chance, Got to feel for Swiderski though, Not sure what the Lakeside management were expecting when they signed him but I would say he has been great considering his average, surely he was bought in for his home form and was never expected to match what he scores at home, away, dropped just before Leicester away as well, possibly 1 away track he would do well on.

Certainly agree about Eddie, he has been patient and deserves his chance, Got to feel for Swiderski though, Not sure what the Lakeside management were expecting when they signed him but I would say he has been great considering his average, surely he was bought in for his home form and was never expected to match what he scores at home, away, dropped just before Leicester away as well, possibly 1 away track he would do well on.

Swidders has not been dropped and still keeps his place in the squad. Ed is replacing him on Friday because he is riding in a televised fixture in Poland the same day. It is quite likely he will be back on Saturday along with Ed who will be riding in place of Kim who is in the SGPqualifier at Gorican. It does look as if Swidders will be the one to make way in the long run but there is nothing official yet.

A bit of an unexpected opportunity has arisen here because the GSA's at the start of the season meant that Ed and Richard had to share a d/u role but now that Lewis Bridger has dropped to a 4.68 they can fit both Rich and Ed in the 1-5 together as long as they do it before the averages change (assuming they go up not down ).

Edited by Daytripper

A bit of an unexpected opportunity has arisen here because the GSA's at the start of the season meant that Ed and Richard had to share a d/u role but now that Lewis Bridger has dropped to a 4.68 they can fit both Rich and Ed in the 1-5 together as long as they do it before the averages change (assuming they go up not down ).

Greensheet issue 13 now out and wef 30th May. Lakeside must have already re-declared, Ed in Swidders out. Lewis Kerr moves into 1 - 5 and Lewis Bridger to reserve.

• Like 1

Greensheet issue 13 now out and wef 30th May. Lakeside must have already re-declared, Ed in Swidders out. Lewis Kerr moves into 1 - 5 and Lewis Bridger to reserve.

Proves just what a farce the EDR scheme is.

Edited by TonyE

Slightly off topic, but is there any reason why Bridger does not double down? He often complains about financial issues, so surely makes sense for him to do this? I guess his rather inflated average from last season would be the reason why. Certainly, I am sure he would score a bucket full of points in the PL.

Slightly off topic, but is there any reason why Bridger does not double down? He often complains about financial issues, so surely makes sense for him to do this? I guess his rather inflated average from last season would be the reason why. Certainly, I am sure he would score a bucket full of points in the PL.

My understanding is that the MC won't allow it. So we have Craig Cook an EL No:2 in the British Championship and with GP experience being allowed to double down , Lewis Bridger was out of the sport for 18 months has a much lower average not only than Cook but lower than the likes of King , Kennett and Lambert, yet he is not allowed to double down. Bridger, like him or not, would put more on the gate in any PL club but the MC in their wisdom won't allow it, apparently.

• Like 1

Certainly, I am sure he would score a bucket full of points in the PL.

I think that would depend upon how big the bucket was to be honest.

Mr Bridger inspires me with about as much confidence as the two sides in the Euro debacle.

On second thoughts, even less so.

I think that would depend upon how big the bucket was to be honest.

Mr Bridger inspires me with about as much confidence as the two sides in the Euro debacle.

On second thoughts, even less so.

Well me for one, will travel miles to watch Bridger!

With Swiderski out of the declared team, surely he's not in the actual squad (as such a spot doesn't allow him to be anyway, is not a DU rider or #8). So even though the Lakeside website talks about him being able to come back into the side, surely he can't? Unless they're planning on redeclaring every week!

With Swiderski out of the declared team, surely he's not in the actual squad (as such a spot doesn't allow him to be anyway, is not a DU rider or #8). So even though the Lakeside website talks about him being able to come back into the side, surely he can't? Unless they're planning on redeclaring every week!

I thought the same. Kennett was DU partner with Lawson so with Kennett taking Swiderski's place that's a team change not just a squad rotation.

• Like 1