British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2016

Suppose we will have to wait until fans forum to find out what is actually happening then.

Like the song 'It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas,' we're no further forward now than we were six weeks ago.

• Like 1

Like the song 'It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas,' we're no further forward now than we were six weeks ago.

I think the change of TV dates in Poland has probably thrown a spanner in the works a bit.

In SS Jon Cook says he expects more information to be available by 16th Feb. Conveniently the Lakeside fans forum will be on 18th Feb so we should get the full picture then

Edited by Daytripper

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anymore news on how Lakeside will line up? Confusing when they have signed so many riders

Apparently, we are going to have a bingo machine on the centre green.

The programme is going to have a bingo ticket in the middle pages, instead of a line-up.

At 7:45 The first winning line of seven numbers shouting 'House' will mean those riders getting changed, and being ready to race at 8pm.

The winner of the bingo will then be 'guest team manager' for the evening. It is anticipated that they'll do a better job than Neil Vatcher. ;)

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 1

The programme is going to have a bingo ticket in the middle pages, instead of a line-up.

At 7:45 The first winning line of seven numbers shouting 'House' will mean those riders getting changed, and being ready to race at 8pm.

The winner of the bingo will then be 'guest team manager' for the evening. It is anticipated that they'll do a better job than Neil Vatcher. ;)

You would have to be thick or biased or both if you think that could work :)

Priceless!!!

I honestly do not know - particularly when it was suggested that if Lewis Bridger rides in our opening meeting, we might re-sign him as well. How that's going to work - your guess is as good as mine.

I've raised the question over on the Lakeside Forum - the new one that Kommandant Cook can't close down; because, as of earlier this week, none of us on there appeared to know who was riding and/or at what number.

What really amazes me more than anything is why Lakeside is suddenly the club that all riders wish to join? Previously, we have not been one of the more attractive units - in fact, we've generally been lumbered with riders that don't really want to even be there (Davey Watt springs instantly to mind).

Now it seems we are getting more people into work than ATOS!

I

I've raised the question over on the Lakeside Forum - the new one that Kommandant Cook can't close down; because, as of earlier this week, none of us on there appeared to know who was riding and/or at what number.

You could make the effort to turn up at the fans forum tonight when we will all get it straight from the horses mouth (or at least from the promotion)/ Or you could wait until tomorrow when details will be more widely known,

What really amazes me more than anything is why Lakeside is suddenly the club that all riders wish to join? Previously, we have not been one of the more attractive units - in fact, we've generally been lumbered with riders that don't really want to even be there (Davey Watt springs instantly to mind).

Far someone who supposedly didn't want to be there Dave Watt put a lot of effort in behind the scenes helping riders like Richard Lawson and Ben Morley in particular and their improvement under Davey's captaincy is there for all to see , especially Richards.

No denying the fact that Davey has his howlers and. like his mate Adam Shields. goes into one if things upset him. as Poole fans would be the first to agree but the facts are that in Davey's first two years at Lakeside he posted two of the highest CMA's of his career , and in his third year he spent most of the time carrying an injury and on top of that was put into the No 1 slot which he wasn't, and never was really suited for when Peter Karlsson went off the boil..

Unfortunately the perennial moaners choose to ignore the fact that if a rider is carrying an injury it invariably affects his performance.

Welcome aboard Dennis Jonsson! He is their number 8 apparently.

How many riders is that now?

Nine at the last count I think.

Is there anything significant in the fact that Lakeside asset Stuart Robson is appearing at the opening meeting ? He is the only rider announced for the Spring Trophy meeting that has not so far been linked to Lakeside in one way or another ?

• Like 2

I honestly do not know - particularly when it was suggested that if Lewis Bridger rides in our opening meeting, we might re-sign him as well. How that's going to work - your guess is as good as mine.

Now it seems we are getting more people into work than ATOS!

Not difficult to work out who one of the constant carping complainers was on the old Lakeside forum that made it become tediously one -sided boring.

Just to be clear, when V.O.R speaks of "we" and "none of us " he doesn't actually speak on behalf of anyone except himself even though he appears to think he does..

• Like 2

If you used the new (or the old) forum, you'd see that my comments are rarely in a minority of one.

And just for the record, I've honestly often perceived that YOUR comments are presented upon this forum as if you are the 'official Lakeside mouthpiece'.

If you never want to question the antics of Mr Cook, or the BSPA, then so be it. Your choice.

Meanwhile, its up to others, including me, to occasionally have a different point of view. Our choice.

If you don't like it then tough. Grow a pair and deal with it.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason