British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2016

@Lakesidehammers ready to give @lewisbridger27 his chance to grab a 2016 team spot in today's @DSSsport

Now I'm more confused as it had been suggested that they already had 8 riders as D/U riders were sharing a spot but now they are looking to add a 9th rider without doubling up.

No wonder Leicester have no riders

@Lakesidehammers ready to give @lewisbridger27 his chance to grab a 2016 team spot in today's @DSSsport

Now I'm more confused as it had been suggested that they already had 8 riders as D/U riders were sharing a spot but now they are looking to add a 9th rider without doubling up.

What makes this even more puzzling is that there hasn't been a peep out of any other team. One would have expected some announcements from Poole given their large asset base, and Ricky Wells would seem an obvious addition to a Wolves squad and I'm sure forum members can come up with other suggestions.

A simple three paragraph media release from the BSPA would help us make sense of this.

• Like 2

I would guess Lakeside will be missing AJ more often as well this season as there is a number of Polish fixtures on Fridays this coming season .

He may miss the home fixture against Belle Vue 3rd June. I cannot see any other clashes involving Rybnik.

Full calendar:

http://www.speedwayexplorer.com/2016-speedway-ekstraliga-fixtures-calendar/

Are you suggesting Leicester are being deprived of Lewis Bridger or Piotr Swiderski, Bjarne Pedersen even lol.

• Like 1

What makes this even more puzzling is that there hasn't been a peep out of any other team. One would have expected some announcements from Poole given their large asset base, and Ricky Wells would seem an obvious addition to a Wolves squad and I'm sure forum members can come up with other suggestions.

A simple three paragraph media release from the BSPA would help us make sense of this.

What kind of announcement would you expect from Poole?? Poole don't have any double-uppers in their 1-5 so don't need a squad - at the moment!! :wink:

But I agree a statement of clarification from the BSPA would be most gratefully received.

He may miss the home fixture against Belle Vue 3rd June. I cannot see any other clashes involving Rybnik.

Full calendar:

http://www.speedwayexplorer.com/2016-speedway-ekstraliga-fixtures-calendar/

Rybnik also scheduled to ride on Friday 5th August at home to Leszno, the same day that Hammers are due to ride (again) at home to Belle Vue.

I believe that the Aces' Max Fricke may be riding for Rybnik this season, after his season on loan from Torun, and may be in the same position as AJ,

What kind of announcement would you expect from Poole?? Poole don't have any double-uppers in their 1-5 so don't need a squad - at the moment!! :wink:

But I agree a statement of clarification from the BSPA would be most gratefully received.

If Kennett and Lawson are the "squad " riders, where will Bridger fit in??

• Like 1

If Kennett and Lawson are the "squad " riders, where will Bridger fit in??

Lewis Bridger's average must surely limit the options available to utilise him.

Would the team's 1 to 7 have to be re-declared every time they change a squad member for a different fixtures?

No doubt all will be revealed at the fans forum on 18th Feb. and not before.

Be there !

.. and that will be the only fans forum as the decision has been taken to close the Lakeside Fans Forum website as from today.

No doubt all will be revealed at the fans forum on 18th Feb. and not before.

Be there !

Probably. According to Jon Cook in this weeks Speedway Star, discussions on the squad system are still ongoing but more will be revealed after 16th Feb.

He says that teams will be allowed to sign a (probably) 4pt rider new to Britain to cover for the top 5, although it will probably still be a guest for the No.1. It's also been agreed that teams can name an extra Tier 2 draft rider with Cook looking at bringing in Ben Morley.

A separate story on Lewis Bridger says that Cook is interested in talking to him if he can prove his commitment but "It might be this season, it might be half way through the season, it might be the season after or it might be never."

Probably. According to Jon Cook in this weeks Speedway Star, discussions on the squad system are still ongoing but more will be revealed after 16th Feb.

He says that teams will be allowed to sign a (probably) 4pt rider new to Britain to cover for the top 5, although it will probably still be a guest for the No.1. It's also been agreed that teams can name an extra Tier 2 draft rider with Cook looking at bringing in Ben Morley.

A separate story on Lewis Bridger says that Cook is interested in talking to him if he can prove his commitment but "It might be this season, it might be half way through the season, it might be the season after or it might be never."

I thought we had a squad anyway but it seems we don't yet after all. It is beginning to look as our 1 -7 includes Swiderski and either Lawson, Nilsson or Kennett. Ed is set to miss the most meetings so, perhaps, he is the one to give way, which would be a shame bearing in mind how good he was at home in 2015. Still, we wait to see what happens next. Stay tuned.

I thought we had a squad anyway but it seems we don't yet after all. It is beginning to look as our 1 -7 includes Swiderski and either Lawson, Nilsson or Kennett. Ed is set to miss the most meetings so, perhaps, he is the one to give way, which would be a shame bearing in mind how good he was at home in 2015. Still, we wait to see what happens next. Stay tuned.

So the team will be AJ, Pedersen, Bridger, Swiderski then one of Lawson, Nilsson and Kennett?

So the team will be AJ, Pedersen, Bridger, Swiderski then one of Lawson, Nilsson and Kennett?

Surely it will be AJ, Pedersen, Nilsson, Swiderski, (either Kennett or Lawson) then Mear and Kerr ???

Surely it will be AJ, Pedersen, Nilsson, Swiderski, (either Kennett or Lawson) then Mear and Kerr ???

That is the most likely scenario although it is not really that 'available points efficient' Tracking Lewis, and given that AJ and BP are certs, then it would be one only of Kim, Richard or Eddie (most likely Kim). The only way we could track all three of the latter would be with no AJ or PS!

That's what I would have thought, hoped that Swiderski would fill in when Lawson or Kennett was unavailable but where is all this talk of Bridger coming from. AJ and Pedersen are certs.

That's what I would have thought, hoped that Swiderski would fill in when Lawson or Kennett was unavailable but where is all this talk of Bridger coming from. AJ and Pedersen are certs.

Where has Jonsson been confirmed?

Cant see anything on Lakeside website and currently only Pedersen, Lawson, Swiderski and Kerr showing on BSPA site.