British Speedway Forum

Coventry Storm Double Header Sun Oct 25th ---last Meeting In Uk This Season

Main Man

I see they are doing this daft thing when they don't put the teams in order on the web site, they must think people are stupid all you have to do is a take a a blank sheet of paper and fill it in when they announce the teams at the start.

Unless its in the first couple of meetings or a new signing (neither of which applies) in reality you know full well the riding order. Plus Coventry even said which meeting Walker & Halder will feature in.

Edited by Islander15

I know Eastbourne is

1. Bradley Wilson Dean

2.Georgie Wood

3.Marc Owen

4. Daniel Spiller

5.Ben Hopwood

6.Kelsey Dugard

7.Richard Andrews

Coventry v Eastbourne

1 Liam Carr

2 Rob Shuttleworth

3 Mark Baseby

4 Darryl Ritchings

5 Martin Knuckey

6 Callum Walker

7 Conor Dwyer

1 Bradley Wilson-Dean

2 Georgie Wood

3 Marc Owen

4 Daniel Spiller

5 Ben Hopwood

6 Kelsey Dugard

7 Richard Andrews

Coventry v Mildenhall

1 Liam Carr

2 Rob Shuttleworth

3 Mark Baseby

4 Darryl Ritchings

5 Martin Knuckey

6 Jamie Halder

7 Conor Dwyer

1 Danny Ayres

2 Tom Bacon

3 Connor Mountain

4 Jack Kingston

5 Connor Coles

6 Ben Basford

7 Luke Ruddick

Edited by John Leslie
  • Like 1

Decent 2 meetings especially vs Mildenhall.

One of the races of the season between Knuckey and BWD in any league.

Most of the Eastbourne riders riding in dirty leathers and couldn't be arsed to clean their bikes from the night before - except the 2 reserves.

As for what BWD was wearing - torn leathers, an eagles jacket over those leathers and sharing a team mates goggles - talented without a doubt but looked very amateurish.

Well done to the Storm lads and hope we run in our final season.

• Like 1

Second meeting was definitely the better of the two. Eastbourne were very disappointing, and it was clear that several of their riders were on a mission to reduce their averages. Daniel Spiller was particularly blatant about it.

All the best

Rob

PS Disappointed not to have a programme to fill in - tried everywhere before the meeting, the kiosk, the track shop, the pit gate (couldn't try the office because it was locked up), but no luck. Not even any photocopies available. I could understand it, if there was a huge crowd, but there wasn't.

Most of the Eastbourne riders riding in dirty leathers and couldn't be arsed to clean their bikes from the night before - except the 2 reserves.

As for what BWD was wearing - torn leathers, an eagles jacket over those leathers and sharing a team mates goggles - talented without a doubt but looked very amateurish.

Oh come on its last meeting of the season before he goes back to NZ you can hardly expect him to get new everything for one meeting. Its not the looks anyway its the way he rides that counts!

• Like 1

PS Disappointed not to have a programme to fill in - tried everywhere before the meeting, the kiosk, the track shop, the pit gate (couldn't try the office because it was locked up), but no luck. Not even any photocopies available. I could understand it, if there was a huge crowd, but there wasn't.

Pity I didn't see you before Rob as I could have let you have one of my printed ones. :lol: I suppose the promotion have cut back on the number of programmes they produce as a lot of fans are making their own - shame on them. :P It wasn't a huge crowd no but certainly more than are usually there so hopefully this will encourage the promoters to continue next season. I hope so because I've enjoyed watching the Storm and seeing the young riders progress. I really enjoyed the two matches today but thought Eastbourne had some bad luck....until I bumped into you of course and you explained what was going on. :wink: Hope Tom Bacon is okay.

Think your find that his suit broke a zip in the changing room before the start of the meeting.

Dugard had a top over his old Kevlar as his were ripped in the crash Saturday night with jack smith.

Wilson dean had 5 pairs of googles in his box but had a bet that he could use the same pair all night.

After a party last night and getting home at 4am you can see why the boys were not worried.

A long year has come to an end winning 3 trophies. They can't change the league table so why worry about it.

Good to see the Coventry boys averages go up so they can some of them next year. Lol

(Playing the rule book)

Spiller was great 15 meters back goes from last to 1st was a great race till he stopped. Bad luck for the kid. Seems Mildenhall were having the same problems too

Second meeting was definitely the better of the two. Eastbourne were very disappointing, and it was clear that several of their riders were on a mission to reduce their averages. Daniel Spiller was particularly blatant about it.

All the best

Rob

Rob, I'm trying to PM you without success

What can I say abouty yesterdays meetings, both the content of racing was far better than the scorelines suggested. Strong races, passing, breakdowns, controversial decisions and a couple of injuries, hope the injured recover quickly.

Liam Carr was a sensational guest, gated really well made 8 out of 9 starts, scored paid 22 out of a possible 25 points! Rode the track superbly and his heat 15 win against Ayres and Mildenhall was sublime 👌

Hope Ken the pit marshal was ok, he had a fall and injured his wrist. Get well Ken

Edited by Rider Replacement
  • Like 2

I've no idea what difference it would make as I'm not SCB who understands all these things, but I wouldn't have thought it was worth trying to drop averages in just one match anyway. Surely it would be that small it wouldn't be worth doing.

All the Storm riders did well, as did guest Liam Carr, so it's good to end the season on a positive note. Of the others Danny Ayres and Ben Hopwood stood out, also Wilson-Dean looked very impressive once he'd got the hang of the track after his first race and as someone has already said Daniel Spiller looked good and came from 15 metres back to lead heat 7 before having to retire. I couldn't understand why Georgie Wood was used as a tactical in heat 8 when he hadn't scored from his previous two rides. Surely Ben Hopwood with two second places would have been a better option in heat 9, but what do I know? It probably wouldn't have made much difference anyway.

I've no idea what difference it would make as I'm not SCB who understands all these things, but I wouldn't have thought it was worth trying to drop averages in just one match anyway. Surely it would be that small it wouldn't be worth doing.

All the Storm riders did well, as did guest Liam Carr, so it's good to end the season on a positive note. Of the others Danny Ayres and Ben Hopwood stood out, also Wilson-Dean looked very impressive once he'd got the hang of the track after his first race and as someone has already said Daniel Spiller looked good and came from 15 metres back to lead heat 7 before having to retire. I couldn't understand why Georgie Wood was used as a tactical in heat 8 when he hadn't scored from his previous two rides. Surely Ben Hopwood with two second places would have been a better option in heat 9, but what do I know? It probably wouldn't have made much difference anyway.

Gemini, Eastbourne dropped their combined averages by over a point yesterday.

All the best

Rob

Dugard junior made it pretty clean on Facebook that they were not dropping averages spiller dropped a clutch split fuel pile and something with carburettor Andrews blew an engine and 3 others were injured

You can't treat the public as daft. They have got eyes. Spiller was particularly blatant.

All the best

Rob