British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2016

I'm torn, as personally i have a hatred for Sky and how they have hardly gave BV any credit over the years much like they did for Ipswich when they were in the Elite lge. It is almost like if things don't include Poole,Coventry and Wolves then they ain't interested. So no shock Sky move Poole fixture forward as they suddenly want to know us now as we get the stadium. I'd love it if the match v Poole was cancelled and stop Sky coming up here, as personally i wish we could ban them from ever coming North of the M6 and showing the Aces at the new home, however at the same time i don't want the club to be hit by a call off.

denying Sky would be denying speedway fans who rely on Sky for one reason or another, ie no transport, poor mobility etc etc. the chance to see British speedways brand new home, and Poole are obviously the team likely to increase viewing figures (god that last line hurt :lol: )

There is no doubt that Sky have their favorites both team wise and in terms of individuals.

However , it is ridiculous to suggest that BelleVue or any other team should be anti Sky re Tv coverage.

Belle Vue as with other teams want to show off their goods and get the publicity.

I am confident the new staium and track will be a superb advertisement for our Sport.

• Like 1

The weathers as unpreditable as ever. People seem to be brainwashed into thinking we didn't have a temperate climate before global warming.

Yes, we've always had an Atlantic temperate climate, chiefly governed by the Gulf Stream, helping us to avoid the massive freezes seen say in north America at latitudes far further south than ours.

What we were warned about was that the rise in AVERAGE temperatures would give us milder but far wetter winters with far greater extremes than before. At no time has it been said that the unpredictability of our weather would end.

I would suggest that has been borne out by the lower occurrence of snow but with the far higher incidence of flooding. As usual, it's not as simplistic as many would wish it was.

Sometimes it's better to stick to speedway.

On that subject, at least we have a wonderful new track to look forward to at Belle Vue. I can't wait to see it, weather permitting.

(Educated, not brainwashed.)

Edited by rmc

£25 on top of your £20 seat and nothing for vegetarians

Obviously there will be options for vegetarians, but really we don't want to be encouraging vegetarians to Speedway anyway. They'll be wanting to replace engines with pushbikes and planting trees to hug on the centre green.

• Like 4

Obviously there will be options for vegetarians, but really we don't want to be encouraging vegetarians to Speedway anyway. They'll be wanting to replace engines with pushbikes and planting trees to hug on the centre green.

I am sure any vegi can take their own carrots to eat.

• Like 1

So is normal admission price 20 quid? I haven't been to an elite league meeting for a few years now with ipswich in the premier. Just wondering if that's now the price at elite level.

No standing on terrace is £17 cheapest in Elite League. Reserved seats in grandstand are £20

No standing on terrace is £17 cheapest in Elite League. Reserved seats in grandstand are £20

£17,I know another club at that price so not quite the cheapest on the league :wink:

Edited by tellboy