British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2016

Tbf the Poole track has been poor for a while. It's become common knowledge after the misconception that it was one of the best in the country.

Equally, the old BV track was just as bad.

Both tracks had the blue line and several holes. That's not stirring the pot, it's just a common fact.

Let's be honest, there aren't too many tracks in the ascendancy as regards improvement these days. Seems that Monmore has remained consistent over recent times , but even tracks like Peterborough and Somerset have had their challenging seasons of late.

Kings Lynn and Coventry have been heavily criticised as had Swindon, which all used to be fine racing circuits in years gone by.

Absolutely and that has to be answered.

I don't think preparation has changed a great deal but the bikes certainly have. It literally has to be perfect of terms of prep and I don't think you can hold tracks entirely responsible.

However, holes/ruts and tracks being down to the concrete base can't be excused. That is simply poor preparation/not caring

• Like 1

Tbf the Poole track has been poor for a while. It's become common knowledge after the misconception that it was one of the best in the country.

Equally, the old BV track was just as bad.

Both tracks had the blue line and several holes. That's not stirring the pot, it's just a common fact.

Nothing wrong with our track now, and hasn't been for over a year, thanks to good helpings of PROPER RED shale.which binds an awful lot better than anything else.

It took a while to build it up again. You will never get it perfect, and will probably ride differently from week to week even preparing it the same way.

Edited by Starman2006

things never change on here. The Belle Vue thread and low and behold once again we are talking Poole. :lol:

• Like 1

The rainwater that runs off the track is being collected in an underground storage tank and that is going to be used for watering, im sure that's what was explained at the open day,

Hi Bellevueace,

How many of these water storage tanks do you have?

And do you know if there are gully pots, centre green side of the kerb?

Looking at the 'banking' of the track with even the straights not being level, I am sure that the drainage system will be excellent...

Especially considering that the 'centre green' is G4 so any large amount of water running on to it wont soak the same as natural grass..

How many meetings get called off due to damage done leading up to race day and then on the day itself you have 'perfect speedway weather'? Well hopefully that will be minimised massively and allied to this those 50/50 matches also go ahead more often than not meaning fans turn up rather than not risking their cash....

Yep the amount of meetings lost at home last year due to rain in the day was a fair few. Loads the year before. Only one meeting last season, if I recall, was lost to rain occurring during the meeting/just before.

The drainage and track covers will make a massive difference. Remember also that the track itself will be able to stand a lot more water than the old place could. That was down to the bricks and a short shower was enough. The new will probably take a few more heats

Edited by acef

The track covers are designed to reduce the chances of rain offs due to heavy rain prior to the actual day's racing.

On race day track work will take place and heavy rain on the day could still create problems.

The drainage and the covers will greatly reduce rain offs but is not a guarantee that they wil not happen.

• Like 1

The track covers are designed to reduce the chances of rain offs due to heavy rain prior to the actual day's racing.

On race day track work will take place and heavy rain on the day could still create problems.

The drainage and the covers will greatly reduce rain offs but is not a guarantee that they wil not happen.

Covers will be on up until 6 give or take I think. There isn't reason to take them off any sooner. At the old place we had no access until 5:30. It's more than enough time.

Any chance of a rain off has to be minimised with these covers

That's all very well but at most meetings I've been to that are called off due to rain, are because of visibility problems or the track being under water - so perhaps having different tyres would only save meetings where the rain has stopped and the track is clear. Another consideration is how many people want to attend those wet meetings, given the prospect of standing out in the rain at generally poor stadia?

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 3

I'm actually quite happy the more things descend into a Poole / Belle Vue slanging match. Big things happening, big season ahead and it starts in a few short weeks. Can't wait to see the stadium on the 30th - albeit only on tv

I don't think a slanging match helps anyone. You can debate without hurling insults. It is possible, although you wouldn't know about it on here!!
  • Like 1