British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2016

What do u reckon the shay was as a %? Every time I went there I was amazed how steep it was

at a guess I'd say at least 40% .

Edited by hyderd

Last year I went to Riga for the SGP qualifier.

The track was the same size as the new Belle Vue but the straights and bends were narrower than Belle Vue.

It was difficult to tell about the banking ,,, but if there was any it was slight.

The racing was good and plenty of passing at Riga,

That tends to suggest that Belle Vue will be much better with the wider straights and bends plus the banking !!!!!

I am sure that the new track will be a testimony to the old Hyde Road track

In these days of doom and gloom, we have a gala opening meeting, WSL, Speedway World Cup, British Final and the Elite League to look forward to.... Happy days

Sadly not a league title to look forward to !!! :o

• Like 1

Make the most of it the sleeping giant has just started to wake up. :wink:

There are periods over time where clubs are successful and then periods where it falls away. When I hear people talk about BV being 'speedway', basically the name everyone knows, the club that non speedway fans can relate to, I always think of Liverpool FC. I'm not taking anything away from a clubs history, but quite honestly it doesn't matter in the present, in the here and now. The reality is that BVs success was a long time ago now, we have been poorly promoted and poorly operated in the years since.

It's ironic, that, in a time where speedway is probably at its lowest point, the club the led the sport during its prominence is going to be the one that rescues it. It is indeed the awakening of a sleeping giant.

I've just got back from a visit to the stadium and it absolutely blows me away. Every time I've been. What has been achieved is a huge testament to the club and the people that operate it. We are now the professional example that some others should be looking at.

If the training schools etc kick off, this stadium could be what saves British Speedway.

• Like 2

Make the most of it the sleeping giant has just started to wake up. :wink:

Don't make me laugh. It won't change your drab weather and once the anti climax has passed you will go back to crowds the size of what we got for the Darcy function and all our other functions.

Anyway, best of luck with your campaign this year. Runners up beckons... :rofl:

Edited by Starman2006

thats very patronising to supporters of other speedway teams starman,think most poole supporters would be full of admiration for the bv promotion for the amount of work its taken to get this far.(and dont forget they will have their own stadium,and we rent and have the same landlord as swindon speedway nuff said!! also dont forget poole town fc are angling for a return to wimborne rd,dont think it will happen personally,but if it did it would be dogs and football only at the stadium.be a bit more humble mate)

• Like 3

Don't make me laugh. It won't change your drab weather and once the anti climax has passed you will go back to crowds the size of what we got for the Darcy function and all our other functions.

Anyway, best of luck with your campaign this year. Runners up beckons... :rofl:

That's just incredibly rude and sums you up perfectly.

• Like 3