British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2016

If you require a refund then contact BV. I'm quite sure they will provide one. Such is the professional nature of the club.

You really do make mountains from mole hills you know. It's not very smart.

Not at all, I was speaking on behalf of the mentioned fans, they do need to know where they stand.

I got suspended for saying much less (and not breaking any laws). That twit starman posts homophobic comments yet is still here. He can try his usual hising away thing when he's made a fool of himself and can't get out of it but if I were him I'd start talking, before I go to the police about the odious little prick.

And yes I'm playing this one out in public on the BSF as thats where he made the comments.

Funny he makes comments about faggots ... Youd think he would stay quiet on that front seeing as his tongues up another mans ( ford) arse most of the time 😂😂

• Like 1

Back on topic, drone footage taken today :

https://youtu.be/JWF2o2j4O6s

The low pictures give the impression of the bends being quite sharp. The high pictures indeed give it a similar impression to Peterbourgh. Might take riders a little while to work it out.

Edited by Starman2006

THEN they are deceptive. Don't think it will be like Peterborough at all.

We'l soon find out in due course.

I'VE always thought of Peterborough as a big, sweeping oval whereas the new BV will have distinctive straights and bends.

Hi Phil, I was just saying from the drone views to me, it looks like very short straights and wide, but definately sharp bends.. it may be because the kerbs seem to only be dead straight for a very short length compared to the length of the bends, again, it could be an optical sort of illusion.. If its not an illusion it would be a very fast circuit, riders never being straight-on for more than 7 or 8 yards, and not really having to scrub speed off because of that. I'm not saying it's going to be craps, or anything, it should produce some really good racing.. Do you think it will be finished (track and safety measures) for first night? I would expect some ancillary work would still be ongoing, specially at the "building site" end...

Please note, I am not criticising this project in any way....

I'VE always thought of Peterborough as a big, sweeping oval whereas the new BV will have distinctive straights and bends.

Again the straights in some views do look long and the bends quite sharp But from another view it does look similar to P'boro.

Hi Phil, I was just saying from the drone views to me, it looks like very short straights and wide, but definately sharp bends.. it may be because the kerbs seem to only be dead straight for a very short length compared to the length of the bends, again, it could be an optical sort of illusion.. If its not an illusion it would be a very fast circuit, riders never being straight-on for more than 7 or 8 yards, and not really having to scrub speed off because of that. I'm not saying it's going to be craps, or anything, it should produce some really good racing.. Do you think it will be finished (track and safety measures) for first night? I would expect some ancillary work would still be ongoing, specially at the "building site" end...

Please note, I am not criticising this project in any way....

WHEN I was there the straights were pretty long with wide, banked bends. Assured that everything is on schedule for March 19. Just hope the weather gods oblige.

The BV management are unhappy with the drone photos going public, perhaps because of the misconceptions being aired here.

Again the straights in some views do look long and the bends quite sharp But from another view it does look similar to P'boro.

If you pause the video at 2:16 you can see the bends are not sharp at all. They are long sweeping bends with short-ish straights (infact the staights are not straight they have a kink in them). Peterborough is a similar comparision but Belle Vue will be longer at 350m and what you can't see on that video though is the banking, the banking is very steep the maximum allowed, but it is not at constant angle, the angle of banking changes across the bend set by a computerised blade to give lots of racing lines.

Edited by Rob B
  • Like 1

If you pause the video at 2:16 you can see the bends are not sharp at all. They are long sweeping bends with short-ish straights (infact the staights are not straight they have a kink in them). Peterborough is a similar comparision but Belle Vue will be longer at 350m and what you can't see on that video though is the banking, the banking is very steep the maximum allowed, but it is not at constant angle, the angle of banking changes across the bend set by a computerised blade to give lots of racing lines.

Fair comment, but it proves the drone is a bit deceiving.

THE kink is there because that was part of the old Hyde Road circuit which Chris Morton is trying to replicate as near as possible.