British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2016

• 2 weeks later...

So when you can't sack a rider due to his assessed average what do you do? Abuse him and call him crap so he quits!

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/speedway/jye-etheridge-worst-ever-but-monarchs-stall-on-wielding-axe-1-4141795

what a disgraceful way to run a team.

you cant sack him so write an article that runs him down, typical Campbell

• Like 1

It's a Kinvig article, so it can't really be taken seriously.

But I fully expect the usual suspects to come on and have a pop anyway.

Whether it's a Kinvig article or what that Campbell dude says, it shouldn't have been made, this is not a 'pop' at the club, just whichever heartless moron made this article

• Like 1

It's a Kinvig article, so it can't really be taken seriously.

But I fully expect the usual suspects to come on and have a pop anyway.

So the direct quotes attributed to Campbell are entirely made up then. :blink:

Edited by screm
  • Like 4

The same paper and reporter wrote this on Friday

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/speedway/monarchs-are-backing-jye-not-sacking-him-1-4138991

There was nothing happened on Friday that surprising and that would have suddenly changed the Edinburgh's promotions mind. Edinburgh don't deal with speculation even after provocation and their website is where you find out the real information so anything hear can be treated with a pinch of salt. It is just headline making but you guys can go on about despicable Monarchs etc etc. Quite frankly it is pathetic how much people on here want to see Edinburgh suffer, anything that could be construed as negative is jumped on and extrapolated to a far worse degree. I know we have been at the top of the tree and have a target on our back but a little bit of perspective is required. No real skin of our nose as Edinburgh continue to go about their business as usual. They won't ask the paper to retract as their is no point falling out with the local newspaper and as they say no publicity is bad publicity.

The truth is Edinburgh saw a young lad with potential and gave him a chance, for one reason or another it isn't working out for him. In days gone by he would now go to reserve and get a boost of confidence and some points by racing in easier races but the rule changes means that won't happen. He proved in the Colts challenge match that he is probably better than NL riders but he is not a 5 point PL rider and ultimately he probably will be replaced, Edinburgh have done the decent thing and made sure he got to the 8 meetings and will have a more accurate average, whether the visa rules allow him to use that is a different question.

What is interesting is that despite carrying Jye and arguably the 2 reserves Edinburgh have still had a positive start (except the first match of the season at home to Berwick) to the season winning all home league matches, picked up a couple of away points and won through to the next round of the cup. If they are able to replace him and find a decent rider then we will become contenders again. Maybe that is what is worrying all the monarch lovers on here.

• Like 1

hello . i dont class myself as a usual suspect, but if the promotion knew about the new assessed rider rule . they have to stick to it . its in the rules of the sport . its not good to see a journalist being told what to say in the press ( as i see it) ..

we all know where this has come from . also, i see it is not mike hunt .er that has released it to the fans of the sport , therefore distancing himself from any blame . a really poor article from whoever thought of this.

SO JYE , STICK IT OUT . THEY CANT SACK YOU. ITS IN THE 2016 RULES . keep taking the money and gaining experience in the uk . you will get a full season, no matter what.

unless the promotion buy you out . if they do, make sure its going to be worth your while . stick in jye , one day you will hit some form .

the first time i seen you was at workington, you tried and the points were not easy to come by . but you gave it your best shot .

really CR4P words from edinburgh . shame on Scottish speedway .

signed ... one of the usual suspects ..

Edited by jenga
  • Like 3