British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2016

Incredible. I'm at fault?

Not in this case, I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed as of now given how it has been maintained in the past. While i'm sure had you emailed something would have been sorted out blaming you instead the club is wrong even given your history of petty trolling.

Edited by Dekker

Fact is though, as we are a pretty close knit community, us speedway lot, a simple request or email would easily have sorted this out. I agree with Blobby's post, Lunnasperm, you could easily have got your DVD sorted without coming on here for a dig.

I stated that I have nothing else to say, but I've just read this and there is absolutely no way it's being let go.

E-mail who? Peter Carr? Kenny McKinna? Actually, having said that, I did try to buy a Real Madrid top online once and their website was down, so I contacted Florentino Pérez. Why didn't I think of that here?

What a ridiculous suggestion. I'm not a regular at the speedway, so this close-knif community baffles me. Especially when being close-knit with someone who holds the same views on matters as you is a frightening prospect.

I believe the word 'imbecile' is fitting.

EDIT I just noticed that you liked your own post too. Jesus Christ.

Edited by LunnasPerm
  • Like 1

That's an absolutely incredible view on my post. I'm almost speechless.

Apart from the fact that it inconveniences me, the customer, it's ridiculous from a business perspective. The season starts, the 'Shop' is out-of-service. Absolute madness.

Is speedway just filled with people burying their head in the sand these days? "No it's not, you are" when a problem is highlighted.

Yes it's not ideal that the online shop isn't up and running yet, but how is coming on here going and having a go so to speak at the club isn't going to help the situation.

A simple email to the club to raise your concern and to ask if they could help you in anyway about the DVD. I'm sure they would've been happy to assist.

Yes it's not ideal that the online shop isn't up and running yet, but how is coming on here going and having a go so to speak at the club isn't going to help the situation.

A simple email to the club to raise your concern and to ask if they could help you in anyway about the DVD. I'm sure they would've been happy to assist.

I've been typing this response for a few minutes and I'm struggling to find the words.

If I want to express my opinion on the matter, I will. End of. If that's upsetting for you or you would rather I pretended it didn't happen, you can chase yourself.

As I said in my first post, my dad's birthday has passed. Therefore I won't be e-mailing anyone at Edinbugh speedway.

• Like 3

Ask a valid question and then dare to criticise Edinburgh you are i am afraid leaving yourself wide open to the snide remarks from the usual suspects and they wonder why they are not well liked the replies to your post proves this.

Not in this case, I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed as of now given how it has been maintained in the past. While i'm sure had you emailed something would have been sorted out blaming you instead the club is wrong even given your history of petty trolling.

That is a belter given who actually posted it had to read it twice to make sure i wasn't seeing things.

• Like 2

I've been typing this response for a few minutes and I'm struggling to find the words.

If I want to express my opinion on the matter, I will. End of. If that's upsetting for you or you would rather I pretended it didn't happen, you can chase yourself.

As I said in my first post, my dad's birthday has passed. Therefore I won't be e-mailing anyone at Edinbugh speedway.

Express/stir things all you want I'll no lose any sleep over it.

E-mail who? Peter Carr? Kenny McKinna? Actually, having said that, I did try to buy a Real Madrid top online once and their website was down, so I contacted Florentino Pérez. Why didn't I think of that here?

I think any reasonable person would have appreciated that the shop isn't quite ready yet and that if they wanted a quick answer to a query then they would have chosen any of the contact methods on the Contact Us page. I think you just fancied having a go for the sake of having a go. To save you a few clicks, here's the link: www.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk/contact. I’m sure the Club will be only too willing to help.

Of course, I'm sure it is much easier to open up the British Speedway Forum, dig up a buried thread, and post a long-winded message that will not solve your problem rather than just email the Club for the solution.

• Like 1

I stated that I have nothing else to say, but I've just read this and there is absolutely no way it's being let go.

What a ridiculous suggestion. I'm not a regular at the speedway, so this close-knif community baffles me. Especially when being close-knit with someone who holds the same views on matters as you is a frightening prospect.

I believe the word 'imbecile' is fitting.

EDIT I just noticed that you liked your own post too. Jesus Christ.

Mike Hunter, who just about everyone in speedway knows, probably including you too, could have easily sorted things for you.

I don't for one minute imagine that you don't already know this, but no, you had to come on and make a story out of nothing. I'll let the other readers of this thread decide who the real imbecile is here.

Edited by stewmac
  • Like 1

I think any reasonable person would have appreciated that the shop isn't quite ready yet and that if they wanted a quick answer to a query then they would have chosen any of the contact methods on the Contact Us page. I think you just fancied having a go for the sake of having a go. To save you a few clicks, here's the link: www.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk/contact. I’m sure the Club will be only too willing to help.

Of course, I'm sure it is much easier to open up the British Speedway Forum, dig up a buried thread, and post a long-winded message that will not solve your problem rather than just email the Club for the solution.

I hope, for the sake of UK industries, that you are not in a position of responsibility within an organisation involved in consumer products.

I wanted to spend my money on Edinburgh Monarchs' merchandise, but wasn't able to because their "coming soon" online store didn't actually "come soon". So, naturally as a customer, I vent a bit of understandable frustration on a forum, but I'm not reasonable?! You are frighteningly delusional.

Mike Hunter, who just about everyone in speedway knows, probably including you too, could have easily sorted things for you.

I don't for one minute imagine that you don't already know this, but no, you had to come on and make a story out of nothing. I'll let the other readers of this thread decide who the real imbecile is here.

I'm amazed at this. Are you an adult? Is this genuinely your logic on this topic?

• Like 1

I'm amazed at this. Are you an adult? Is this genuinely your logic on this topic?

Let's look at it this way. If I wanted to buy my Dad a DVD from Somerset and I looked at their website, and couldn't see an up to date way of doing it, I'd use common sense and logic to either ask politely on the relevant page on here who to contact, or I'd email the club via their website or if I was aware of who does all the press stuff for Somerset I'd ask for their contact details.

Surprisingly enough, none of these options are difficult to do. Even more surprisingly, you seem to have been unable to manage any of these common sense approaches.

Who's the imbecile here?

Let's look at it this way. If I wanted to buy my Dad a DVD from Somerset and I looked at their website, and couldn't see an up to date way of doing it, I'd use common sense and logic to either ask politely on the relevant page on here who to contact, or I'd email the club via their website or if I was aware of who does all the press stuff for Somerset I'd ask for their contact details.

Surprisingly enough, none of these options are difficult to do. Even more surprisingly, you seem to have been unable to manage any of these common sense approaches.

Who's the imbecile here?

No, no, no. Hang on. First of all, your logic is an absolute car crash, but I'm insisting that I respond because I think you believe what you're saying.

I haven't been sat on the Monarchs' website, 24/7, refreshing the 'Shop' page. I've been checking it weekly, without desperation, because I thought the DVD would be a nice, little addition to his gifts. An added bonus, not a necessity. The page said "coming soon" and naturally, I expected it to "come soon". However, his birthday has come and gone with the page still saying "coming soon".

For you to suggest that I'm unreasonable or doing something wrong here, that honestly bafflies me.

FYI, the imbecile is undoutably the person liking his own posts; you.

• Like 1

It "bafflies" me too that you could be so daft as to make an issue out of this nonsense.

I'll ask you a final question: What was stopping you either asking for the contact details weeks ago of the person to contact (Mike Hunter) or contacting him directly via the Monarchs website?

I suspect I already know the answer. You simply wanted to stir it all up here. Well done. You managed that, and you also succeeded in making yourself look like a prize plonker. Are you a Tiggers fan by any chance? (I know, another question, but I feel there's no other logical explanation!)

• Like 1