British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2016

It's good to see that he is with Edinburgh in the PL, a professionally run club that will give him the support he needs. It is also going to help him to have two completely different home tracks.

However, he is 16 and if reports are to be believed, only had his first ride on a 500cc in September last year. We mustn't put too much weight on his shoulders with our expectations but allow him the time to develop his undoubted skills.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 2

It's good to see that he is with Edinburgh in the PL, a professionally run club that will give him the support he needs. It is also going to help him to have two completely different home tracks.

However, he is 16 and if reports are to be believed, only had his first ride on a 500cc in September last year. We mustn't put too much weight on his shoulders with our expectations but allow him the time to develop his undoubted skills.

He rode very well on Sunday riding for Worky at Newcastle. Although a slight build and small, he chucked the bike in well and got around the tight Brough bends safely. He followed up his single ride in the meeting with a solo ride in the second half, and I think was trying a bit too hard. He came into the first bend way too tight and drifted across the track, but was strong enough to straighten it out and come out of the second bend as if nothing had been a problem. Nice style, and not overawed by the experience. Surprised to hear he has only been riding a 500 since September. Looks a good bet for the future.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mitchell Davey rode at Christian Henry's Testimonial at Newcastle this afternoon, scoring Nil Points from three completed rides and being replaced in his last programmed ride by Adam Roynon. Davey replaced Belle Vue Colts and Redcar's Lee Payne from the original line-up.

• 2 weeks later...

Your club's website is as well organised as your winter team building.

My dad's birthday is approaching and he recently mentioned the Scottish Monarchs' season at Shawfield in 1996, so a couple of months ago, I thought I would get him a DVD of some sort from this era.

Since before the season started, the 'Shop' section on Edinburgh Monarchs' website has said "The Monarchs Online Club Shop will return soon with some fantastic new items for 2016." It still says that today and it's almost May.

I've been checking the website every week and nothing, so now it's too late. Hey, hoe. It's the Monarchs' loss of a few quid.

Your club's website is as well organised as your winter team building.

My dad's birthday is approaching and he recently mentioned the Scottish Monarchs' season at Shawfield in 1996, so a couple of months ago, I thought I would get him a DVD of some sort from this era.

Since before the season started, the 'Shop' section on Edinburgh Monarchs' website has said "The Monarchs Online Club Shop will return soon with some fantastic new items for 2016." It still says that today and it's almost May.

I've been checking the website every week and nothing, so now it's too late. Hey, hoe. It's the Monarchs' loss of a few quid.

If your that bothered about it why don't you contact the club about it and they might be able to help you.

But clearly you would prefer to come on here and have a dig.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 2

If your that bothered about it why don't you contact the club about it and they might be able to help you.

But clearly you would prefer to come on here and have a dig.

That's an absolutely incredible view on my post. I'm almost speechless.

Apart from the fact that it inconveniences me, the customer, it's ridiculous from a business perspective. The season starts, the 'Shop' is out-of-service. Absolute madness.

Is speedway just filled with people burying their head in the sand these days? "No it's not, you are" when a problem is highlighted.

• Like 5

Fact is though, as we are a pretty close knit community, us speedway lot, a simple request or email would easily have sorted this out. I agree with Blobby's post, Lunnasperm, you could easily have got your DVD sorted without coming on here for a dig.

Edited by stewmac
  • Like 2