British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2016

Thats the norm the closer you get to Edinburgh is it not ;) .

Nearly Gaz but there is an 'r' in my word :P

• Like 2

Nearly Gaz but there is an 'r' in my word :P

Crash helmets at the ready i fear incoming well maybe fear is the wrong word more like hopeful but your right has got awfully Gay i mean Grey all of a sudden.

I wasnt there but until someone who was can post, I know that Dan Bewley and Rob Shuttleworth from Belle Vue were there (as was Mitchell although he cant be considered obviously)

For anyone at the practice session last night, which NL riders turned up?

• Like 1

For anyone at the practice session last night, which NL riders turned up?

Ryan Blacklock, Rob Shuttleworth and Dan Bewley were the NL boys along with Mitchell Davey.

Think we can rule out Blacklock as he spent more time in the fence than actually on his bike didn't look comfortable on the track at all. Shuttleworth was steady adn looked not bad. Bewley for how long he has been riding was great but his gating is terrible but something that can be worked on over time and is certainly one for the future, But at this stage in his career i don't know if he's ready to make the step up just yet.

Still think the preferred option is Davey but he still hasn't got his passport yet.

Aside from all the Number 7 stuff it was good to see our team for the year out on track. Out of all the boys last night the most impressive was definitely Erik Riss, expect him to be pushing near a 7 point average come the end of the season. As for the Etheridge he struggled a bit last night but got better near the end of practice. Think he will need a bit to settle in and get used to the track, but signs were there that he should be fine once he gets dialled in.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

Aside from all the Number 7 stuff it was good to see our team for the year out on track. Out of all the boys last night the most impressive was definitely Erik Riss, expect him to be pushing near a 7 point average come the end of the season. As for the Etheridge he struggled a bit last night but got better near the end of practice. Think he will need a bit to settle in and get used to the track, but signs were there that he should be fine once he gets dialled in.

I have always wondered why the riders need to take their phones out with them while on track is it a new app that allows them to dial into the track.

I have always wondered why the riders need to take their phones out with them while on track is it a new app that allows them to dial into the track.

Now that the rules on mobile phones have changed I see no reason why not. ;)

Edited by Mr Blobby

i know some one who has that app, it also tells you when to turn left ,top up the fuel and how to gain an advantage by falling off and blaming the other rider . i think it is the brainchild of sam masters .kurtz used it on a few occasions at somerset .

thats gonna go down well ..

Edited by jenga

i know some one who has that app, it also tells you when to turn left ,top up the fuel and how to gain an advantage by falling off and blaming the other rider . i think it is the brainchild of sam masters .kurtz used it on a few occasions at somerset .

thats gonna go down well ..

Flack jacket and tin helmet time me thinks.

Both Dan bewley and rob shuttleworth both ride for belle vue on the NL which is also a Friday night club which might cause s problem there but whoever they sign will be ring fenced for 4 home matches I think so can't be dropped till after that Edinburgh will need to declare a team and there #7 by Monday 5 days before there first meeting it could take days or months for Mitchell's visa to be passed

Edited by mac101

Edinburgh have six days to get their No7 position sorted out, before they face Belle Vue. I`m afraid I don`t have much sympathy for the Monarchs promotion as they`ve had just as much time as everyone else to get their reserve position sorted, they had this idea about signing Mitchel Davey which was only doomed to failure as was pointed out on here.

• Like 3

Ryan Blacklock, Rob Shuttleworth and Dan Bewley were the NL boys along with Mitchell Davey.

Think we can rule out Blacklock as he spent more time in the fence than actually on his bike didn't look comfortable on the track at all. Shuttleworth was steady adn looked not bad. Bewley for how long he has been riding was great but his gating is terrible but something that can be worked on over time and is certainly one for the future, But at this stage in his career i don't know if he's ready to make the step up just yet.

Still think the preferred option is Davey but he still hasn't got his passport yet.

I haven't seen Bewley yet but based on his winter champs scores at Scunthorpe then he's a talent. But having not ridden NL yet, I assume the PL is too soon right now.

• Like 1

I haven't seen Bewley yet but based on his winter champs scores at Scunthorpe then he's a talent. But having not ridden NL yet, I assume the PL is too soon right now.

I would think so, but if the NL 3 pointer is still a thing in 2017 i would like to think he would be a serious option.