British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2016

You still fail to recognise that Edinburgh didn't agree with the rule and voted against it mainly because they know how difficult it is to find a 3 point rider who will travel and will do a decent job. Max clegg managed it last year but there is a longer list of riders who failled or turned it down. It was voted in so they have to above by the rule but as expected that is what happened so they found an option that works.

Many of the number 7s will really struggle this year as they are not ready and for some it will do them more harm than good. Ironically because of this Mitchell will probably be a success.

What relevance has Edinburgh voting against it have, the vote to have a BRITISH 3 point rider at number 7 eligible for NL was passed by a democratic vote.

Rather than trying to bend the rules because the vote didn't go there way and adhere to the specification set out Edinburgh are trying to manipulate it because it doesn't suit them.

It has been known for sometime that this was going to be brought in every other team has adhered to the rules why can't Edinburgh instead off trying to manipulate it to there advantage.

It isn't really that hard to grasp.

• Like 8

You still fail to recognise that Edinburgh didn't agree with the rule and voted against it mainly because they know how difficult it is to find a 3 point rider who will travel and will do a decent job. Max clegg managed it last year but there is a longer list of riders who failled or turned it down. It was voted in so they have to above by the rule but as expected that is what happened so they found an option that works.

Many of the number 7s will really struggle this year as they are not ready and for some it will do them more harm than good. Ironically because of this Mitchell will probably be a success.

the edinburgh promotion was in the know as to what was going to happen in 2016 regarding the number 7 BRITISH RIDERS on a 3.00 average and thus being eligible to partake in the 2016 nat league . all BRITISH riders who meet this criteria would fill this position . so they voted against this new rule . but its the rules and thats it... bide by them . i dont believe for one second that there were no riders out there to cover this reserve position . every team HAS to start with this in mind and there cannot be an excuse for not finding a rider to fill this criteria .somerset (cough ) managed it , so why could edinburgh not find a rider to fill it ?

it is not the bspa/scb fault that edinburgh is so far away for travelling for some guys . trelawney managed it years ago, as do most pl teams... chris . schramm managed to do it for workington as most riders do on a regular bases .as did simon lambert . just seems to me to be a money saving scheme not to pay travel . what about ryan blacklock etc .

any how , its time to pay that long outstanding invoice to a certain club for their generosity a few years ago . or do you not know about that ? you should do if you are in the loop !

just because you didnt agree to the rule, does not mean you are excluded from it , does it . whats the point of buying a V.W. transporter van that will burst a ton on the motorway, but legally you can still only do 60 and 50 on a class roads . bide by the rules, its part of life. or is that something YOU fail to recognize ?

• Like 2

It's completely relevant when people are using words like shame, of course I understand folk disagreeing with them and suggesting it is not in the spirit of the rule but it you fundamentally disagree with the rule the spirit of the rule is not really a consideration. Bottom line is they are not bending the rule or finding a loophole if he gets a passport he is eligible. The rule as usual is vague and was probably left that way to make sure every team got a rider

It's completely relevant when people are using words like shame, of course I understand folk disagreeing with them and suggesting it is not in the spirit of the rule but it you fundamentally disagree with the rule the spirit of the rule is not really a consideration. Bottom line is they are not bending the rule or finding a loophole if he gets a passport he is eligible. The rule as usual is vague and was probably left that way to make sure every team got a rider

The rule as I understand it is PL teams must use a rider at reserve who is British and eligible to race in the NL, Davey is neither.

• Like 2

unlike you , i do understand the offside rule in football . did you moan last year about brady kurt,s starting average . bet you did .anyhow it not up to us supporters the cast the rules,. i wonder just how many shirts mr harkess will have to lift to get his way .

Edited by jenga

But it is not relevant Edinburgh are not and i repeat not adhering to the rules set out even with a new issued British passport he should still not be eligible within the criteria set out wether he will qualify or not remains to be seen that is down to the powers in charge to decide.

And yes they are bending the rules but others will decide if they get away with this or not personally Edinburgh go on about the travel etc etc and the difficulty attracting a 3 point British No 7 Glasgow managed it as did all other Northern based tracks.

The British No 7 berth should have been the first or one off the first places to be filled not the last and now Edinburgh find being held to ransom on demands allegedly, nobody to blame but themselves if true.

If and it is a big if Davey is allowed then they would be as well ripping up the rule as it stand's as it opens up a can off worm's for everyone else to exploit.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

unlike you , i do understand the offside rule in football . did you moan last year about brady kurt,s starting average . bet you did .anyhow it not up to us supporters the cast the rules,. i wonder just how many shirts mr harkess will have to lift to get his way .

Of course I didn't moan about Kurtz's average. Too many folk get excited about the smallest things, life is too short.

The rule as I understand it is PL teams must use a rider at reserve who is British and eligible to race in the NL, Davey is neither.

If he gets a passport then he will be British and will be eligible for both leagues.

• Like 1

And yes they are bending the rules but others will decide if they get away with this or not personally Edinburgh go on about the travel etc etc and the difficulty attracting a 3 point British No 7 Glasgow managed it as did all other Northern based tracks.

When your paying your new NL reserve more than some heat leaders in the league it's not exactly that hard.

If he gets a passport then he will be British and will be eligible for both leagues.

He will be an Australian holding a British passport Dual Nationality still won't guarantee he qualify's though doesn't Matty Wethers have Dual and look what happened there doesn't guarantee a thing.

When your paying your new NL reserve more than some heat leaders in the league it's not exactly that hard.

How the f*ck do you know how much he is being paid you have been shown up to know absolutely nothing about the going on's at Glasgow on more than one occasion so if i were you i would seriously consider what you post on a subject you know jack s*it about.

• Like 4

How the f*ck do you know how much he is being paid you have been shown up to know absolutely nothing about the going on's at Glasgow on more than one occasion so if i were you i would seriously consider what you post on a subject you know jack s*it about.

It's speedway, no such thing as a secret as too many ppl cant keep mouths shut each side of M8

• Like 1

It's speedway, no such thing as a secret as too many ppl cant keep mouths shut each side of M8

If that is the case he should perhaps let us all know the details TBH i couldn't tell you what is happening along the M8 as it doesn't concern me and i really couldn't care less as that is Edinburgh's business what they decide to pay there rider's.

Couldn't agree more!

It's a pity some people can't keep their mouths shut.

If their self esteem is so low they need to make public what they've heard in confidence I feel sorry for them.

• Like 1

Yes he will be Australian and British that's exactly what a dual passport means.

I believe stormy did not have the dual passport at the start of the season and therefore needed a visa that is why Workington had to drop him. He then got the dual passport and no longer needs a visa and why he got a team place.

Exactly what i said being a smart ars* doesn't suit you.

Keep yer knickers on. You said he will be Australian with a British passport and the bspa will have to ratify him I don't agree. If he has a British passport there is nothing to discuss about nationality.

The only debate would be whether his previous PL experience would for him out of the NL. My understanding is that as his average has never been above 6 he would be fine.

Keep yer knickers on. You said he will be Australian with a British passport and the bspa will have to ratify him I don't agree. If he has a British passport there is nothing to discuss about nationality.

The only debate would be whether his previous PL experience would for him out of the NL. My understanding is that as his average has never been above 6 he would be fine.

Ultimately Edinburgh have forced a decision to be made on an Australian 3 pointer that had never been eligible to ride NL .

• Like 1