British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2016

Well I'm still going to go to Armadale and I hope the Edinburgh fans still come to us. It's been some atmosphere lately.

Me too , I enjoy my pints and banter with the Emmerdales , in the bar after the meeting win , lose or draw . So I wont be cutting my nose off to spite my face . Most people will make their own mind up about whether they go or not without being swayed by toeing the party line . There's a wee pub in Bathgate I like going to when I get off the train , and there's a night at the speedway and some friendly banter with good company . Why should I give that up ?

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 6

For clarity ecksact as you've only recently joined, it is pure banter between the vast majority of Tigers Monarchs on here.

We all know and have discussed for many years that the two teams are better off together. We're there already.

We're all good people on here, apart from one or two Monarchs (see, couldn't resist).

Thanks for clearing that up. You've helped confirm my faith in speedway fans!

I did say, though,we ALL need each other, and wasn't specifically referring to Edinburgh/Glasgow.

And I did say the banter's good, too!

Can't wait till March!!

• Like 1

Thanks for clearing that up. You've helped confirm my faith in speedway fans!

I did say, though,we ALL need each other, and wasn't specifically referring to Edinburgh/Glasgow.

And I did say the banter's good, too!

Can't wait till March!!

No worries mate.

Problem with forums is unless you write war and peace each post others can misinterpret what you really mean. You'll soon get to know the real person and will find deep down we're all sound fans of good speedway racing and love our sport.

• Like 3

No we don't this has alway's been the percieved image portrayed but the reality is that both would survive regardless as long as the respective promotion's wanted them to survive.

Yourself, george and a few others obviously need Glasgow vs Edinburgh for a life, what would you do with yourself if you weren't on here winding up the monarchs fans, how's the workington/berwick/newcastle banter?

You are probably right that the teams can survive without each other but lets be honest it is a much better place with both teams thriving and last season was brilliant, the atmosphere at both cup finals was really good and it was pleasing to see a number of glasgow fans through at armadale for the cup finals. That wasn't the case at the start of the season so hopefully they continue to come through and support their team.

On that note anyone who boycotts/avoids going to armadale or ashfield because someone told them to or because the other fans don't go to your home ground is an absolute idiot. As some on here have quite rightly said we go to watch speedway and follow our team so don't let the actions or words of others stop you. i attend every monarchs match at ashfield and nothing would stop me doing that, not even the pathetic letter handed out after the cup final. Once I got over the feeling of disbelief I just laughed at that. For what it's worth I know the Edinburgh promotion would never suggest to any fans to avoid a different venue, the exact opposite they would encourage supporters to follow their team.

• Like 2

On that note anyone who boycotts/avoids going to armadale or ashfield because someone told them to or because the other fans don't go to your home ground is an absolute idiot.

Most fans are able to make an informed decision. That decision is for them alone to make regardless of whether you agree with the justification or not. Labelling everyone idiots, a bit like Trump labelling all Mexicans as troublesome.

Most fans are able to make an informed decision. That decision is for them alone to make regardless of whether you agree with the justification or not. Labelling everyone idiots, a bit like Trump labelling all Mexicans as troublesome.

Hardly. If you have made an informed decision not to go for whatever reason then fair enough that's fine. there are many perfectly good reasons for not going however I don't consider it informed if you are just doing it because someone has told you not to go. Maybe if you don't like a club you might not go there for meetings not involving your own team then fair enough I get that but why cut off your nose to spite your face, it's just bonkers!

As I said before I go to follow my team and watch speedway, it really is that simple I have no interest in any politics or he said/she said rubbish. 4 guys on bikes racing for 4 laps and for me preferably with 2 of them in blue and gold race jackets.

Edited by scotchopper
  • Like 1

Hardly. If you have made an informed decision not to go for whatever reason then fair enough that's fine. there are many perfectly good reasons for not going however I don't consider it informed if you are just doing it because someone has told you not to go. Maybe if you don't like a club you might not go there for meetings not involving your own team then fair enough I get that but why cut off your nose to spite your face, it's just bonkers!

As I said before I go to follow my team and watch speedway, it really is that simple I have no interest in any politics or he said/she said rubbish. 4 guys on bikes racing for 4 laps and for me preferably with 2 of them in blue and gold race jackets.

How many genuinely fit into the someone told them category? Very few if any I would expect.

How many genuinely fit into the someone told them category? Very few if any I would expect.

I have no idea. Was really pleased to see so many glasgow fans at the 2nd leg of the grand final, it makes it a better occasion when both teams are well supported and the tracks are full. Which is why I said it is better if both clubs are up high in the league and doing well as no other team is likely to bring as many fans to either scottish track. Hopefully see that replicated in the league and league cup fixture next season.

and in terms of the the spring trophy i would like to see it continue because it's another fixture I can get to see. A permier shield match against somerset would make more sense from a competition and something a bit different perspective but who is going to go to the away leg, nobody! It'll be the same if either team have a challenge against Belle Vue or any other elite track.

I have no idea. Was really pleased to see so many glasgow fans at the 2nd leg of the grand final, it makes it a better occasion when both teams are well supported and the tracks are full. Which is why I said it is better if both clubs are up high in the league and doing well as no other team is likely to bring as many fans to either scottish track. Hopefully see that replicated in the league and league cup fixture next season.

and in terms of the the spring trophy i would like to see it continue because it's another fixture I can get to see. A permier shield match against somerset would make more sense from a competition and something a bit different perspective but who is going to go to the away leg, nobody! It'll be the same if either team have a challenge against Belle Vue or any other elite track.

ive always seen glasgow fans as some of the most knowledgable and pasionate speedway fans in the country they tend to follow the sport rather than just there own team

• Like 1

It'll be the same if either team have a challenge against Belle Vue.

I think the fact that it would more than likely be BVs first home match at their new stadium would probably convince a few more than normal to travel. I do agree it wouldn't be enough to be worth it though, the fact it would be a probably be a week night would stop many people going, myself included due to work commitments.

There's a good few monarchs fans that I know of going to the grand opening meeting, but doubt they would travel twice unfortunately...

Yourself, george and a few others obviously need Glasgow vs Edinburgh for a life, what would you do with yourself if you weren't on here winding up the monarchs fans, how's the workington/berwick/newcastle banter?

You are probably right that the teams can survive without each other but lets be honest it is a much better place with both teams thriving and last season was brilliant, the atmosphere at both cup finals was really good and it was pleasing to see a number of glasgow fans through at armadale for the cup finals. That wasn't the case at the start of the season so hopefully they continue to come through and support their team.

On that note anyone who boycotts/avoids going to armadale or ashfield because someone told them to or because the other fans don't go to your home ground is an absolute idiot. As some on here have quite rightly said we go to watch speedway and follow our team so don't let the actions or words of others stop you. i attend every monarchs match at ashfield and nothing would stop me doing that, not even the pathetic letter handed out after the cup final. Once I got over the feeling of disbelief I just laughed at that. For what it's worth I know the Edinburgh promotion would never suggest to any fans to avoid a different venue, the exact opposite they would encourage supporters to follow their team.

Probably on FB winding them up.

We have been told to stop the wind up they will start a new thread and bar us off it at this rate :lol: .

When they complain about us being on their thread Gaz you've got to laugh at the irony!

If the thread means so much to them, why was it started by a non-Monarch?

They couldn't even be arsed starting it.

• Like 1

When they complain about us being on their thread Gaz you've got to laugh at the irony!

If the thread means so much to them, why was it started by a non-Monarch?

They couldn't even be arsed starting it.

We didn't start one in October because most of our team were still in 2015 season action.

As I said at the time - "As a minimum let's wait until our boys have finished for the season - Smiler, Sedgy, Erik & Cleggy still in action!!"

And we were still celebrating from wiping out the Tiggers - remember the League Cup and Play Off Grand Finals?

Boy did we celebrate.

• Like 1