British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2016

Why is it when an individual does a dangerous job and he goes to work for somebody paying more money than somebody else , for doing the same job , he is a mercenary ? Surely it's any remotely intelligent person's duty to get the best deal for their skills as they possibly can ?

Of course it is.

Humans work to live, not live to work.

Unless of course you ride for Edinburgh, when you become a "servant" and going by their posters on here should ride for the love of the club.

• Like 5

nearly right george...and happy new year to you and yours, looking forward to more banter this year.

it`s the fans who go and wedge up for the love of the club, the riders are entitled to ask the going rate for the danger they undertake with bonuses attached if they get lucky. we would not wish to screw anyone into poverty, where would team spirit go ?!

of course some riders like certain clubs and the "arrangements" on offer so the odd "home town discount" may apply i don`t know...but riders have short careers and should seek to maximise income........we all would.

With my blue specs on i might criticise anyone who appears deluded to the delights of the dale, but realistically we only have 7 jackets and others will need to ply their trade in more challenging places .

• Like 2

a beer out of an Edinburgh man? :o Have you not hear the 'you'll have had yer tea' quote? ;)

(just kidding FB)

a beer out of an Edinburgh man? :o Have you not hear the 'you'll have had yer tea' quote? ;)

(just kidding FB)

T.E.A. Is one of my favourite beers!

Honest.

Absolutely George let me know where you will be at the Dale for the spring trophy thingy meeting and a bottle of your choice will appear just before monarchs first 5/1. !!!

Done. That'll be Heat One then.