British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2016

I have heard something very similar. Certain (but by no means all) people from Edinburgh were very quick to attack Glasgow paying over the odds but it appears that it is OK where the Monarchs are concerned, despite the fact that they had the begging bowl out only a few weeks into the 2015 season.

I got told that a team not too far away from me enquired about Wolbert last season but rejected him on the basis of 'outrageous' financial demands.

What he wanted was apparently much, much higher than the clubs top rider, one of the (if not the) top performers in the PL last season.

Leopards don't change their spots.

If Wolbert was taking the p1ss financially at Glasgow he'll be doing the same at Embra.

But all is well when trophies are coming in.

I got told that a team not too far away from me enquired about Wolbert last season but rejected him on the basis of 'outrageous' financial demands.

What he wanted was apparently much, much higher than the clubs top rider, one of the (if not the) top performers in the PL last season.

And i'll bet he didnt get that edin either, he's lost a team place once before because of his "manager" pulling that stunt.

Too much is made of that kind of thing on here . What a club pays a rider or refuses to pay to get a rider should only concern the club and the rider .

Three pointers shouldn't come into that category though , ok they should be paid fairly , but they should be biting the hand off promoters to get the chance to ride PL speedway . I find it hard to believe anyone in that position would have the balls to try and hold a club to ransom .

Which makes me think whatever red tape needs to be overcome to bring Mitchell Davey into the three pointer equation is currently the reason of the hold up .

What I do find strange is that Edinburgh will start with a septet over a point under the points limit .

• Like 1

The BSPA should have taken proper control of the situation and set a defined pay rate for the NL no7's that fairly compensates them for effectively being an apprentice and likely to score very few points. The NL riders should also have had to apply to the BSPA to join this scheme and be bound by the terms of it.

• Like 2

The BSPA should have taken proper control of the situation and set a defined pay rate for the NL no7's that fairly compensates them for effectively being an apprentice and likely to score very few points. The NL riders should also have had to apply to the BSPA to join this scheme and be bound by the terms of it.

The BSPA are incapable of taking proper control of anything . In 2006 when we had the A , B and C graded reserves they changed the goalposts halfway through the season when they decided Steve Boxall and Jon Armstrong were scoring too heavily from that position . But you're quite correct , a proper defined pay rate should have been set .

• Like 3

The BSPA are incapable of taking proper control of anything . In 2006 when we had the A , B and C graded reserves they changed the goalposts halfway through the season when they decided Steve Boxall and Jon Armstrong were scoring too heavily from that position . But you're quite correct , a proper defined pay rate should have been set .

Im sure Robert Ksiezak ended up with a 7 point average at the end of that season and we thought we were onto a winner! Until he moved into the 1-5.

Im sure Robert Ksiezak ended up with a 7 point average at the end of that season and we thought we were onto a winner! Until he moved into the 1-5.

Yes he did , both him and James Cockle were graded B reserves . Robert benefitted from the assistance of Shane Parker more than Cockle was able to . Was all downhill for Robert after that season

Too much is made of that kind of thing on here . What a club pays a rider or refuses to pay to get a rider should only concern the club and the rider .Three pointers shouldn't come into that category though , ok they should be paid fairly , but they should be biting the hand off promoters to get the chance to ride PL speedway . I find it hard to believe anyone in that position would have the balls to try and hold a club to ransom .Which makes me think whatever red tape needs to be overcome to bring Mitchell Davey into the three pointer equation is currently the reason of the hold up .What I do find strange is that Edinburgh will start with a septet over a point under the points limit .

As there is no set wage for a speedway rider you got to try get the best deal you can I think with the reserves that they will have to basically give up the job and become full time speedway riders so they are maybe asking for decent money to scarfice their job not many company's would put up with staff taking every Friday off from March till October plus all away matches then add there home and away NL fixtures and don't think Mitch would qualify for NL on a 3 even with a British passport witch would cost him in excess of £2k just to get it also think he would maybe come in as a 5 same as BWD at Somerset

As there is no set wage for a speedway rider you got to try get the best deal you can I think with the reserves that they will have to basically give up the job and become full time speedway riders so they are maybe asking for decent money to scarfice their job not many company's would put up with staff taking every Friday off from March till October plus all away matches then add there home and away NL fixtures and don't think Mitch would qualify for NL on a 3 even with a British passport witch would cost him in excess of £2k just to get it also think he would maybe come in as a 5 same as BWD at Somerset

So if what you say turns out to be the case , then Ryan McDonald could be the most likely option
  • Like 1

how do you know they dont? i cant see them going away with bulging pockets just from point scoring, id expect them to be on a set "wage" and any points they earn is a bonus,

So if what you say turns out to be the case , then Ryan McDonald could be the most likely option

Don't think so he Won't get the time off his work and his job comes first also think each team should have a couple number 7s and can change them between matches as there will be a few missing with having NL commitments

Edited by mac101
  • Like 3

Thing with BWD is he doesn't have a British passport he isn't allowed in the NL.

Nothing will be announced until the things that need done are done so could be a we while yet.

Don't think so he Won't get the time off his work and his job comes first also think each team should have a couple number 7s and can change them between matches as there will be a few missing with having NL commitments

this has been tried before a few years back workington had tony dart and young courtney whos first name slips me (maybe scott)

after garry havelock started to "manage" the young courtney and demanded big money courtney was dropped

but yes i do agree it is a good idea to help bring young riders on and help them keep a full time job in allowing 2 to share the reserve berth

Thing with BWD is he doesn't have a British passport he isn't allowed in the NL.

Pretty sure He could have ridden in the NL this year but could not have doubled up because his ave for pl is 5 and choose to ride pl instead as Mitch has ridden in his state championship think he would come in on a 5

Nothing will be announced until the things that need done are done so could be a we while yet.

.Which makes me think whatever red tape needs to be overcome to bring Mitchell Davey into the three pointer equation is currently the reason of the hold up .What I do find strange is that Edinburgh will start with a septet over a point under the points limit .

I find that very strange too. cant see Mitchell if he is the rider being the answer to our number 7 problem. Nice guy but had a lot of injuries. Remember he came over to UK with Josh and look how their careers have differed. Again hope the promotion prove me wrong. They have the last two seasons.

We members on BSF know how much Embra glory hunters love to occupy the morale high ground on the forum. ;)

So yes, spending big bucks is a :nono:

Morally .... despicable.

Not on.

Just not cricket.

Now, as it was a wee celebration last night and continuing today (cue The Blobby Apprentice aka The Scotswoman and his predicable Buckfast comment), my memory isn't too good at present. So it needs a refresh. Perhaps you can help mate?

Recently.

Very recently.

Did a certain Scottish team not reject Ryan Fisher's excessive financial demands?

Yes they did (thanks Google), that team was Glasgow.

Now perhaps you'd be good enjoy to jog my memory and remind me which Scottish team has now agreed to pay his excessive demands in 2016?

Then they paid double for Richie

Too much is made of that kind of thing on here . What a club pays a rider or refuses to pay to get a rider should only concern the club and the rider .

Three pointers shouldn't come into that category though , ok they should be paid fairly , but they should be biting the hand off promoters to get the chance to ride PL speedway . I find it hard to believe anyone in that position would have the balls to try and hold a club to ransom .

Which makes me think whatever red tape needs to be overcome to bring Mitchell Davey into the three pointer equation is currently the reason of the hold up .

What I do find strange is that Edinburgh will start with a septet over a point under the points limit .

For the most part, I agree.

I think, though, that one club complaining about terms offered by another but doing pretty much the same thing themselves at the same time as pleading poverty is worthy of comment.

• Like 7