British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2016

If you've got a rider in mind who would do the job better and not demand heat leader rates please let us know.

Whats the real Mr Blobby up to these days? Im sure hed score more points than mitchell davey

Seems strange that a promotion as sharp as Edinburgh's would leave it so late to name a number seven and thus leave any candidates holding all the aces. That said I appreciate the logistics on a Friday night for any rider who isn't based in the vicinity.

Seems strange that a promotion as sharp as Edinburgh's would leave it so late to name a number seven and thus leave any candidates holding all the aces. That said I appreciate the logistics on a Friday night for any rider who isn't based in the vicinity.

seems more to the pay being demanded by the remaining ones JDC is notorious for not liking a gun at his head, so will he back down or not?

In my opinion I don't think it would have mattered when we tried to go for our 3 pointer. We would have still has the same choices left as those that are already employed by the other teams down south would never have came north anyway, even if asked in October. Most clubs will have made contact with who they wanted as soon as the ruling was announced.

The only change maybe would have been ayers would maybe have came to us if we had got in before Glasgow went for him, but that's about it. That's my opinion obviously, maybe others have differing thoughts and that's fine by me.

He's given plenty to the Glasgow promotion though..

How to spend big bucks and still win nothing :)

We members on BSF know how much Embra glory hunters love to occupy the morale high ground on the forum. ;)

So yes, spending big bucks is a :nono:

Morally .... despicable.

Not on.

Just not cricket.

Now, as it was a wee celebration last night and continuing today (cue The Blobby Apprentice aka The Scotswoman and his predicable Buckfast comment), my memory isn't too good at present. So it needs a refresh. Perhaps you can help mate?

Recently.

Very recently.

Did a certain Scottish team not reject Ryan Fisher's excessive financial demands?

Yes they did (thanks Google), that team was Glasgow.

Now perhaps you'd be good enjoy to jog my memory and remind me which Scottish team has now agreed to pay his excessive demands in 2016?

• Like 5

We always aim to please....

Was that a nice 2015 vintage Bucky?

And any self respecting monarch would ask for millions to sign if weegies came a knocking.

Glad to hear it!

Buckfast? Deary me.

Merciful heavens ... no, no, no.

Whilst you Embra blue rinse, G&T chaps are upgrading to Bombay Sapphire for Crimbo, us Weegies are giving the Bucky a miss and swallying a cheeky wee bottle of Egon Müller Scharzhofberger Trockenbeerenauslese 2005 Riesling at £2K per bottle.

Better still, the bottle comes courtesy of the Facennas.

Every season ticket holder being sent a wee Fortnum and Masons hamper with a bottle of the good stuff.

Never mind, you've always got your Cadburys Creme Egg to look forward to at Easter.

Don't eat it all at once!

• Like 2

Glad to hear it!

Buckfast? Deary me.

Merciful heavens ... no, no, no.

Whilst you Embra blue rinse, G&T chaps are upgrading to Bombay Sapphire for Crimbo, us Weegies are giving the Bucky a miss and swallying a cheeky wee bottle of Egon Müller Scharzhofberger Trockenbeerenauslese 2005 Riesling at £2K per bottle.

Better still, the bottle comes courtesy of the Facennas.

Every season ticket holder being sent a wee Fortnum and Masons hamper with a bottle of the good stuff.

Never mind, you've always got your Cadburys Creme Egg to look forward to at Easter.

Don't eat it all at once!

Best post of the close season so far....................

RP

• Like 1

2005?

That was a dreadful year - the grapes were far too sweet.

Brothers grim must have got it cheap.

Ah well you know us nouveau riche.

Trash with cash.

Still, better than having a fur coat with no knickers.

Edited by george.m

Recently.

Very recently.

Did a certain Scottish team not reject Ryan Fisher's excessive financial demands?

Yes they did (thanks Google), that team was Glasgow.

Now perhaps you'd be good enjoy to jog my memory and remind me which Scottish team has now agreed to pay his excessive demands in 2016?

I have heard something very similar. Certain (but by no means all) people from Edinburgh were very quick to attack Glasgow paying over the odds but it appears that it is OK where the Monarchs are concerned, despite the fact that they had the begging bowl out only a few weeks into the 2015 season.

I got told that a team not too far away from me enquired about Wolbert last season but rejected him on the basis of 'outrageous' financial demands.

What he wanted was apparently much, much higher than the clubs top rider, one of the (if not the) top performers in the PL last season.

• Like 4