British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2016

Money doesn't necessarily but success, but it'll ensure you'll have a bloody good try at it

Quite right it doesn't but, there's a heck of a lot more to these boys than money. They've brought fresh, different thinking to the club and that is a huge asset.

• Like 3

Quite right it doesn't but, there's a heck of a lot more to these boys than money. They've brought fresh, different thinking to the club and that is a huge asset.

Glasgow didn't win any silverware this year, but certainly "won" if you consider other things like increased attendances, increased media awareness, they have set the standard for providing entertainment during meetings, the stadium facilities, several new streams of income, stadium ownership. Probably the biggest "winners" in speedway right now.

• Like 3

Glasgow didn't win any silverware this year, but certainly "won" if you consider other things like increased attendances, increased media awareness, they have set the standard for providing entertainment during meetings, the stadium facilities, several new streams of income, stadium ownership. Probably the biggest "winners" in speedway right now.

Anyone who's been to Ashfield in the past would tell you what a dump it was. Not been since the investment , but have been told the transformation is stunning. I'd like to think the new Rye owners will have a similar plan for Hoddesdon.

• Like 1

Anyone who's been to Ashfield in the past would tell you what a dump it was. Not been since the investment , but have been told the transformation is stunning. I'd like to think the new Rye owners will have a similar plan for Hoddesdon.

Shads, not being biased here but it is stunning. We even had an enterauge from Belle Vue come up to see what we're doing with a view to potentially incorporating ideas at their new stadium. They'd only have come up if they thought it was worth the journey. Worth a visit if you ever can.
  • Like 2

Top notch refurbishment no expense spared.Transformed is the correct word.
  • Like 2

Money money money......name trophies for all that

Money money money......name trophies for all that

Was waiting for a question like this. One year is a short term view, name a team who is in a better position than Glasgow going forward. They are growing the whole time, fan base, media exposure, own their own stadium. Nearly every other team has had doubts about its future. And I'm not even close to being a Glasgow fan. But I can see a successful club there.

• Like 9

Shads, not being biased here but it is stunning. We even had an enterauge from Belle Vue come up to see what we're doing with a view to potentially incorporating ideas at their new stadium. They'd only have come up if they thought it was worth the journey. Worth a visit if you ever can.

Que? Looks like Speak and Spell needs new batteries.

But thanks for the insightful and thought provoking contribution anyway.

Delete

So does Spell and Check apparently - it's entourage b.t.w. :wink::P

George, I regard you as an educated weegie, living in the East must help, but please spell big words like "entourage" correctly in future! Or Tigers will face a fine amounting to the total sum of Craig Whyte's assets ;)

(just praying I have no typos now!!!)

• Like 1

George looks like the the Armadale spelling police are out to get you if I could be ar*ed I would trawl through cyclones posts with a spell checker but I can't be ars*d so I will let you do it.

Davy our hate figure Whyte's only assets he has left is his blow me up Suzy doll wearing a Charles Green mask being left with only that is too good for him will probably need it for his upcoming stint in Bar L.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

So does Spell and Check apparently - it's entourage b.t.w. :wink::P

Thanks for that, but I have a mum already.

BTW Think you've missed the point completely about Speak and Spell.

But hey, it's a joke and we all know you've had a sense of humour bypass.

Edited by george.m
  • Like 4

Thanks for that, but I have a mum already.

BTW Think you've missed the point completely about Speak and Spell.

But hey, it's a joke and we all know you've had a sense of humour bypass.

You're the one with humour bypass or you don't understand the meaning of emoticons.

When you poke fun at others it's banter - fair enough, but when some of us return the compliment you suddenly become thin skinned.

Thanks for confirming you have a mum, rather than being an orphan :P:D

You're the one with humour bypass or you don't understand the meaning of emoticons.

When you poke fun at others it's banter - fair enough, but when some of us return the compliment you suddenly become thin skinned.

Thanks for confirming you have a mum, rather than being an orphan :P:D

You're starting to cross the line.

Anyway, tell us a joke and see how many likes you get.

Go on do something new today.

Edited by george.m
  • Like 1