British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2016

aye if you want to give your money away. ;)

You serious we play like we can -1 is a certainty but got to give the wee teams like Hivs and there elephant man manager a slight sniff before we pump them .

aye if you want to give your money away. ;)

You serious we play like we can -1 is a certainty but got to give the wee teams like Hivs and there elephant man manager a slight sniff before we pump them .

My phone had to post it twice so you get the message loud and clear.

Thought we were discussing Speedway and our difficulty recruiting a 3 pointer so far rather than descending into petty squabbles about some petty wee soccer match.

Let's keep this to a sport dialogue please, pantos are on at the Kings

Thought we were discussing Speedway and our difficulty recruiting a 3 pointer so far rather than descending into petty squabbles about some petty wee soccer match.

Let's keep this to a sport dialogue please, pantos are on at the Kings

Oh no they're not

Merry Christmas all. Will be another very interesting season as a Monarch. The progress of Jye, Erik, Max and the no7 will be good to watch. Pretty confident Sam and Kev will do at least as well as last season and I think Sam can kick on to be no1 in the PL. Then there is the Fish always exciting to watch and hopefully with the right equipment and level of support he can get to the where he was before. If he can do that then you never know.

I was merely trying to point it out that they are much much weaker and if i was a Monarch fan i would be worried.

My team is Ipswich and if we lost Danny King and replaced him with a rider who at 32 is not getting any better and can be a liability i would be concerned.

If we lost a free scoring second string and replaced him with an unknown untried young Aussie i would be concerned.

If we also lost a very good reserve and had to replace him with a 3 pointer then i would be concerned.

Its not a dig but a genuine conversation

It just seems that somehow Monarchs fans think that they will be ok with those changes.

Last season i would have been happy with a 2 point win at home now this season i can only see a 20 point home win for us , anything less i would be disappointed.

• Like 1

I seam to remember Cliff boy that Greenwood explained adequately the reason he had to pull out of the Somerset team last year . Are you suggesting that what happened is Somerset getting there own back . I should hope not .

Dont get this , how are the Rebels getting their own back? He is not in our side this year, but pulled out a couple of weeks before the start of last season, easy enough. I'm not blaming the lad, just the double standards that pitch up on here occasionally.

From what I heard at a recent practise at Somerset ,Greenwood was offered a place for next season and was told to turn down offers from other clubs only to be told they changed their mind late November and the other clubs were fixed up .

Maybe it's my age but when I read unsubstantiated comments like "from what I heard" I tend to switch off. Didn't the Rebels bring him back at the end of last season after the Panthers released him, no sour grapes there surely. Edited by Cliffeboy

From what I heard at a recent practise at Somerset ,Greenwood was offered a place for next season and was told to turn down offers from other clubs only to be told they changed their mind late November and the other clubs were fixed up .

That could well be true,the rebs thought they had jack holder on 7-10 ave in the team but jack decided on staying with plymouth so they let greenwood go and went for two 5ptrs

I was merely trying to point it out that they are much much weaker and if i was a Monarch fan i would be worried.

My team is Ipswich and if we lost Danny King and replaced him with a rider who at 32 is not getting any better and can be a liability i would be concerned.

If we lost a free scoring second string and replaced him with an unknown untried young Aussie i would be concerned.

If we also lost a very good reserve and had to replace him with a 3 pointer then i would be concerned.

Its not a dig but a genuine conversation

It just seems that somehow Monarchs fans think that they will be ok with those changes.

Last season i would have been happy with a 2 point win at home now this season i can only see a 20 point home win for us , anything less i would be disappointed.

We get you Gavan, but the facts are that we HAD to destrengthen, Craig wanted to move on, Justin signed for Swindon and our promotion try to avoid "unavailable riders" and (after putting in the hard work nurturing Max and Robert) we have to have a 3 pointer.

As for being worried...... We have to get behind the riders we have and hope to see good speedway.

Will we have another great season?..... Time will tell but if we don't....... We'll regroup for 2017

Merry Xmas all

• Like 1

We get you Gavan, but the facts are that we HAD to destrengthen, Craig wanted to move on, Justin signed for Swindon and our promotion try to avoid "unavailable riders" and (after putting in the hard work nurturing Max and Robert) we have to have a 3 pointer.

As for being worried...... We have to get behind the riders we have and hope to see good speedway.

Will we have another great season?..... Time will tell but if we don't....... We'll regroup for 2017

Merry Xmas all

Good post. Would like to think we will spring a surprise in 3.00 berth.

Yes..Mags is right we had to weaken to get within the points restriction,so of course we look weaker on paper.However its shale that matters and we have several improvers especially at home. Jye and the 3 point man are not likely to advance on averages, the other 5 have the ability to do so and Erik and Max hopefully by a fair bit.

Gavan may be worried,but we accept our position and look forward with optimism.

• Like 1